OT: CFB Playoff | The Boneyard

OT: CFB Playoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Somehow I hope Penn state will over take Washington in final 4

Reaction Score
Somehow I hope Penn state will over take Washington in final 4

I actually was rooting for Penn State and I know the "committee" would love to get another B1G team on there. Knowing the NCAA and the way it works Washington could get screwed.

Reaction Score
Penn State has 2 losses with 1 being against Mich by 39 points. None of the others have 2 losses. The 4 best teams are probably:

1) 'Bama
2) OSU
3) Mich
4) flip a coin with Clemson, USC and OU and maybe Wash

Penn State had a better season than expected but on a neutral field wouldn't beat any of these teams.

I actually was rooting for Penn State and I know the "committee" would love to get another B1G team on there. Knowing the NCAA and the way it works Washington could get screwed.

Reaction Score
Penn State has 2 losses with 1 being against Mich by 39 points. None of the others have 2 losses. The 4 best teams are probably:

1) 'Bama
2) OSU
3) Mich

Penn State had a better season than expected but on a neutral field wouldn't beat any of these teams.

Huh? Michigan and OU have two losses. USC has 3.

Reaction Score

I think UW is going to get screwed even though it should be a no brainer. Maybe I'm overly attracted to conspiratorial ideas but PSU has one of the biggest fan bases in college football and would attract more viewers.

Reaction Score
Michigan lost 2 late "playoff games" to Iowa (that's a win for a playoff team) and OSU, they blew it. OUT no shot and not deserved.

I think OU may very well be one of the best 4 now but they already shot themselves in the foot, too inconsistent. USC - hilarious 3 losses?

Penn St has a chance but only because of the affiliation and NCAA greed, should the the other Huskies!

Reaction Score
If anything Michigan would get in over PSU and bump Wash, though doubtful. The committee would love to have Harbaugh, Saban and Meyer in the playoff.

The Michigan alumni base is the largest of any college and it's a much more influential and prestigious group than Penn State.

I think UW is going to get screwed even though it should be a no brainer. Maybe I'm overly attracted to conspiratorial ideas but PSU has one of the biggest fan bases in college football and would attract more viewers.

Reaction Score
Michigan lost 1 game @ Iowa close when their QB got hurt. Mich beat Penn State by 39, the committee doesn't forget that.

I still think it will be the same 4, but would like to see Mich over either Wash or Clemson

I do think the CFP will be expanded soon to either 6 or 8, if 6 the top 2 seeds get 1st round byes

Michigan lost 2 late "playoff games" to Iowa (that's a win for a playoff team) and OSU, they blew it. OUT no shot and not deserved.

I think OU may very well be one of the best 4 now but they already shot themselves in the foot, too inconsistent. USC - hilarious 3 losses?

Penn St has a chance but only because of the affiliation and NCAA greed, should the the other Huskies!

Reaction Score
If anything Michigan would get in over PSU and bump Wash, though doubtful. The committee would love to have Harbaugh, Saban and Meyer in the playoff.

The Michigan alumni base is the largest of any college and it's a much more influential and prestigious group than Penn State.

I'm going to need upstater to fact check that alumni base comment. Can we please edit the thread name to "OT: CFB Playoff and Tom Brady is a Cheater" to get his attention?

Reaction Score
No need found something saying Michigan had until and since passed by several.

PSU may be the largest but not sure if it counts the entire PSU system and all the satellite campuses or just the State College graduates.

I'm going to need upstater to fact check that alumni base comment. Can we please edit the thread name to "OT: CFB Playoff and Tom Brady is a Cheater" to get his attention?

Reaction Score

1) 'Bama
2) OSU
3) Mich

How is it that you are wrong on everything?

Reaction Score
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. OSU or PSU
4. Washington

I'm thinking they will put OSU in over PSU. They love Meyer and OSU played a tough schedule. PSU has a good argument as well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Basically, they're taking the best four teams with one loss or less.

Would anyone make Clemson or Washington a favorite over Michigan?

But an interesting wrinkle - two of the scariest things in college football are playing Alabama and playing a Chris Peterson team after he's had a month to prepare.

Reaction Score
Basically, they're taking the best four teams with one loss or less.

Would anyone make Clemson or Washington a favorite over Michigan?

But an interesting wrinkle - two of the scariest things in college football are playing Alabama and playing a Chris Peterson team after he's had a month to prepare.
Clemson Michigan I would have as a pick'em or Clemson favored by like 1. Same goes for Washington Michigan.

Reaction Score

1) 'Bama
2) OSU
3) Mich

PSU is better than you think. They are really playing well. They have shown the wins over OSU and others aren't fluky at all.

Washington has a win over Colorado. That's it. They played Idaho and D2 teams out of conference. Pretty pathetic. And the Pac12 was relatively weak with a down Oregon, UCLA and Arizona.

There is a case for PSU.

The Michigan game was a disaster, but they had walk-on safeties playing LB because of 7 injuries to the linebackers on the 2 deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom