OT: Can someone give me football game cliff notes? | The Boneyard

OT: Can someone give me football game cliff notes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have never lived in Connecticut so have never followed the FB team although I root for it since it helps our bball in CR. I know we have FB board but I couldn't name one player on the team.

I wish they had hired an offensive-minded coach but I'm hopeful Diaco can right ship but Year 2 we hopefully see some positive signs, although the day, Pasq. was hired I knew it was a mistake. I understand massive rebuild is underway, I'm hoping they have right guy but prob too early to tell...

Did they look ok?
Did they find a QB?
Progress or looking bleak still?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They scored on their first possession. He could be our best QB since Dan O. Definite progress, a couple of killer penalties in the 1st half, but not much after. No illegal procedure calls the entire game. We are on the upswing.

Reaction Score
I have never lived in Connecticut so have never followed the FB team although I root for it since it helps our bball in CR. I know we have FB board but I couldn't name one player on the team.

I wish they had hired an offensive-minded coach but I'm hopeful Diaco can right ship but Year 2 we hopefully see some positive signs, although the day, Pasq. was hired I knew it was a mistake. I understand massive rebuild is underway, I'm hoping they have right guy but prob too early to tell...

Did they look ok?
Did they find a QB?

Ok is about right

Sheriffs did some real good things. First game mind you, but he shows a skill set we haven't seen in a while.

Progress, long way to go but there is a foundation it would seem.

Reaction Score
I'm really excited about Sheriffs. He showed a lot of promise and I think we finally have a qb who can be a play maker. The play calling was more aggressive than last year with a lot more passing on early downs. Our defense looks solid. Overall I think it was a promising game. There is still a lot to work on, but we are trending in the right direction.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It wasn't always artistic, but occasionally, it was.

First, they won. Last year, they almost certainly would have lost - and badly.

It seems like we have a quarterback and the actual spark of a living, breathing football team.

They've got a brutal schedule this year and they're going to get smacked around, but it'd be a good time to get an open seat on the bandwagon.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Did they look ok?
Did they find a QB?

Here's the thing...

The team was focused, organized and competent - yes, that is HUGE after the PP era. No confusion or off sides or formation errors. Didn't really give up big plays. They clearly are buying what Diaco is selling.

The QB looks competent and maybe more. That huge progress.

The Sophomore class looks stacked. Good enough to win a conference championship.

With a couple of if's (Meyers catching the ball at the end of the first half, Fatukasi not extending their drive at the end with his stupid penalty, we could have won this big.

BOTTOMLINE - Villanova would have beaten the last two UConn teams and we won in a convincing fashion.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
They've got a brutal schedule this year and they're going to get smacked around, but it'd be a good time to get an open seat on the bandwagon.

Yeah, we could be much, much better and not make a bowl... but the team is very young and the young players are good.

Reaction Score
I'm hardly an authority figure on the football program but from what I saw there was a lot to be encouraged about. One thing you definitely want to see against an FCS program is that they control the line of scrimmage, and I think they definitely did that, at least defensively. There seems to be some real, young talent there in the front seven, and the skill guys have some bounce to them, too.

My guess is we'll know a lot more about where we stand and how far away we are in two weeks. If we can be reasonably competitive we'll have a lot to feel good about.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately a few bonehead plays end of first half and end of game tried to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but nevertheless,fortunately, the outcome was good . Lots of good stuff, and a few plays made me roll my eyeballs :eek:.

Gotta improve coverage in the flats.

Reaction Score

Did they look ok?
Did they find a QB?

Have you thought about actually going to the FB board? If you did you would have seen this post
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/the-view-from-section-241-nova.80123/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog