OT - Burger Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - Burger Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes the Ted's in Cromwell is the same owner………as I stated played baseball for Ted's sponsorship team growing up, ended my nights at The Brookside across the street in Meriden which led to many 3am steamed burgers…..not sure it's the same Ted's as i had but it's still pretty good. And Kevin Lamay being a Meriden kid knows steam……started at Gary Moore's bar down in Meriden working the burgers in back and extended his business model to Wesleyan area and now I see Cobalt also huh? Smart kid, making a nice penny I am sure!

Yup, K Lamay is now open in bustling downtown Cobalt! Haven't tried them yet since they only opened a couple months ago, but it's the on the agenda (it's very small). It's definitely the same KL though. Not sure where else he has a place but he does know burgers. Been ages since I've had one of his or Ted's.... road trip!

Reaction Score
Boston
1. Sullivan's in Somerville (made to order, so thick it takes 20 mins from order to plate)
2. Mr Bartley's in Harvard Sq

Grew up in Westport and I'm certain I've had a burger circa 90s at Black Duck and don't remember it being anything special. Its simply a good dive bar with the term dive for a bar in Westport being very liberally interpreted.

Reaction Score
Hughies (no more) and (Fred's) Shanty in NL. Ben Benson (no more) in NYC. Dutch('s) still good in NL?? Buckhorn Xchg in Denver. 40 yrs ago, loved the crispy cheese on burger at Shady Glen (CT).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dutch('s) still good in NL?? (CT).

If you mean Dutch Tavern in New London, yes, they still have a good burger. I mentioned them upthread. Basic, good, handmade burger on a grill. Love the joint.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If you mean Dutch Tavern in New London, yes, they still have a good burger. I mentioned them upthread. Basic, good, handmade burger on a grill. Love the joint.

I'll have to check that out on one of my cheat days. I work in the area. When I'm not so concerned about my weight (ongoing problem that is only periodically addressed), Mo's Burgers and Brew is pretty good in Gales Ferry.

It's been a few years since I've been there, but The Well in Cromwell had a good Bacon Cheeseburger wrap.

It's just my personal bias, but a single location (or multi-location, but non-chain) restaurant has an automatic leg up on chains, even 5 Guys and In & Out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Were Umami burgers any good? I'm out in Cali for a few weeks and wouldn't mind trying them out.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Was it August who had a thread like this only a few weeks ago?

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
welcome-to-good-burger.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was it August who had a thread like this only a few weeks ago?

I started one for the gourmet fast food burgers. This needs to be rehashed every few years.

I mean who knew of Burger Fi or Smashburger in 2014?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Any of you Fairfield County folks ever travel to the New Rochelle shoreline for a Greasy Nick's (formal name: Lido's Clam Bar) burger? I used to eat there a lot when I worked in Pelham Manor.

The burger is nothing to write home about, a simple frozen patty, but it's served on a pretty decent hard roll. Anyway, it's the holistic experience that's the draw. The place is a dumpy little shack on Shore Rd. favored by old guys who dress in velour sweatsuits or kids in wife beaters wearing baseball caps backwards.

You basically have two choices of toppings: cheese or grilled onions. There are no vegetables. You can get Hoffman soda or, if you're inclined to have a beer, go to the cooler and you'll have a choice of two kinds, which are often things like Piels or Knickerbocker or Rheingold or whatever the cheapest crap at the nearest distributor is.

They also offer steamers and fried clams and steamed corn on the cob, which can be ok or completely overcooked.

You order inside and then wait outside at a picnic table shared with a hundred sea gulls crapping all over. I took my 25-year old nephew there last summer. He'd never heard of it and thought I was joking. After eating there once - and it wasn't a good day for the kitchen - he's all over it and it's one of his top 10 places.

Reaction Score
I started one for the gourmet fast food burgers. This needs to be rehashed every few years.

I mean who knew of Burger Fi or Smashburger in 2014?

I finally went to Smashburger and it's so good.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I finally went to Smashburger and it's so good.

I like smashburger and its my wifes favorite. However the Burger was the least impressive thing I had there. The whole menu and concept is pretty impressive, and the Burger was very good, dont get me wrong, it just speaks to overall quality of the place than singular excellence of a Burger. Probably a small distinction, but then again this is a Burger opinion thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom