OT: Breakfast Game changer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Breakfast Game changer

Reaction Score
Never had In N Out. With Shake Shack and Five Guys I can't understand paying basically the same price for an inferior burger in a fast food type setting when basically any pub or restaurant does a better job.

I think it depends on your preference. I prefer a well seasoned griddle cooked smashed style burger on sweet and soft bun, i.e. potato bun with limited fixings. Not a huge fan of pub burgers unless the meat quality and cut combos are killer. My favorite meat cuts by far are short ribs and brisket so if that is the blend, I am all in. Shake Shacks meat purveyor has an amazing reputation. Maybe the quality has gone done with their increased capacity but it seems the same to me. Five Guys is a step below in terms of ingredient quality.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Think you are in the minority on this one. Their fries are terrible though. Fried chicken sandwich is the go to. My hot take is that In N Out is horribly overrated.

I did my first In n' Out a couple weeks ago. Double, animal. For a fast food burger, pretty good. Would put it above Wendy's, which has been my go-to. Versus an actual restaurant burger... nah. But those free little peppers at In n' Out... surprising kick.

Fwiw, I've never been a fan of pretty much any national chain, save for Houlihans. But just had a pretty decent burger at BJ's Brewhouse with brisket on top. Even found a BJ's beer I liked ("Committed" DIPA).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Contributing to Newburgh's ranking as 3rd worst city to live in in NY State.

Probably launders money for meth dealers.

I don’t think it’s actually in Newburgh - at least not in the destitute part of the city. It’s in the commercial area near the airport.

I’m guessing it’s a truck stop.

Lots of very poor people in Newburgh. It ain’t Arby’s making Newburgh a horrific place to live, it’s complete and utter poverty. People live there because they have no place else to go.

But hey, you got to make fun of them for a bit.

Reaction Score
I don't like eating a big breakfast. If I eat a big breakfast I feel like taking a nap when I'm done. What's the sense? I just slept the whole night. Like I said earlier, I'll stick with my oatmeal and occasional English muffin with peanut butter.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I was at the Ft. Belvoir Arby's a few weeks ago at 0800 and had breakfast--eggs and a lot of bacon on a biscuit. Do they open early in Virginia?
Only for the military and they call it chow, not breakfast.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s actually in Newburgh - at least not in the destitute part of the city. It’s in the commercial area near the airport.

I’m guessing it’s a truck stop.

Lots of very poor people in Newburgh. It ain’t Arby’s making Newburgh a horrific place to live, it’s complete and utter poverty. People live there because they have no place else to go.

But hey, you got to make fun of them for a bit.

Making a note that among the hundred thousand other sensitive subjects that are taboo to discuss on BY, to add criticisms of meth dealers and Arby's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom