OT: Brandon Austin suspended for season | The Boneyard

OT: Brandon Austin suspended for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its a shame to see a talented kid never get to see the court, but it looks like we really dodged a bullet and got Hamilton instead.

so far Kiwi Gardner, Ricky Ledo, Brandon Austin, and Rodney Bullock (all Cooley recruits) have never suited up for the Friars. Its becoming a theme, and I wonder if it effects his recruiting in the future. It can't look good if more than half of your recruits get suspended or deemed academically ineligible.

Reaction Score
Its a shame to see a talented kid never get to see the court, but it looks like we really dodged a bullet and got Hamilton instead.

so far Kiwi Gardner, Ricky Ledo, Brandon Austin, and Rodney Bullock (all Cooley recruits) have never suited up for the Friars. Its becoming a theme, and I wonder if it effects his recruiting in the future. It can't look good if more than half of your recruits get suspended or deemed academically ineligible.

It's cWo time, doncha kinow.

Reaction Score
Thanks a lot, Warde.

No, really, thank you, Warde. UConn probably would have had gotten Brandon Austin if Ollie had already signed a long-term contract.

Reaction Score
Thanks a lot, Warde.

No, really, thank you, Warde. UConn probably would have had gotten Brandon Austin if Ollie had already signed a long-term contract.

Will be interesting to see if these guys transfer during the winter break.

Reaction Score
I must admit Cooley is at least trying to turn around the ship. Too bad its an ocean liner in a bathtub. Anyway he at least is not putting players in front of the team, at any cost. I respect that considering the desperate situation at that school.

Reaction Score
I must admit Cooley is at least trying to turn around the ship. Too bad its an ocean liner in a bathtub. Anyway he at least is not putting players in front of the team, at any cost. I respect that considering the desperate situation at that school.

From reading between the lines, it doesn't appear that Cooley had much to do with these suspension decisions.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not entirely sure Austin or Bullock would be suspended at a non-Catholic/religious school, from the limited rumors I have heard.

Still, something Cooley likely should have known to warn recruits about, and will have to in the future.

Reaction Score
There goes their final 4 hopes. What, you don't think that they are a FF 4 team? It is unanimous on the PC board.

Reaction Score
I guess you cannot tell if it is kids behaving badly or kids being managed badly. However, I would not assume that if the kids were huskies the same outcome would occur as did in Providence. The nature would be the same, but the nurture would be different.

Reaction Score
They would not have missed a minute at any other major conference school. Cooley is not happy.

Reaction Score
Guess you haven't read the Friar board. Seems like after Cooley heard the punishment, they appealed and were turned down. Seems pretty certain there was a woman involved who pressed charges and some fans are calling for him to be kicked out of PC, a police inestigation etc. This isn't good for PC, that much is certain!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
GSR for PC is going to be in the shiitttter come 2016 or so.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
BTW, wanna know how irrelevant PC hoops is on the national radar?

Two of their best recruits are ruled ineligible for the year and they can't even make the headline block on ESPN hoops page.

They can't even make national news for their futility.

Reaction Score
Check the recent article on UConn athletes at Storrs and how the admin covers for them n regards to off the court transgressions.

Reaction Score
Check the recent article on UConn athletes at Storrs and how the admin covers for them n regards to off the court transgressions.

Sean-It's amazing to me how you always seem to have something against UConn esp. basketball, yet our admin lets you voice your opinion here and you always are so pro PC even when it is clear to many PC fans something bad happened. Not many of us UConn fans are allowed on your board, yet many there [Mac?] at least can see that if the kids did something [sexual assault?] that maybe the punishment was justified. Check your facts and you'll see that UConn has lost players recently too [Miles, Wolf]. To suggest that UConn doesn't play by the same rules is just stupid. If it was your daughter I wonder if you'd think the punishment was justified? I don't know what the kids did, but apparently it was something pretty bad, they were punished and you can root for them next season.

As for the stuff at UConn, let it play out and hopefully if something wrong was done the guilty will be punished. But you should worry about what is happening at your school on your board.

Reaction Score
Sean-It's amazing to me how you always seem to have something against UConn esp. basketball, yet our admin lets you voice your opinion here and you always are so pro PC even when it is clear to many PC fans something bad happened. Not many of us UConn fans are allowed on your board, yet many there [Mac?] at least can see that if the kids did something [s e xual assault?] that maybe the punishment was justified. Check your facts and you'll see that UConn has lost players recently too [Miles, Wolf]. To suggest that UConn doesn't play by the same rules is just stupid. If it was your daughter I wonder if you'd think the punishment was justified? I don't know what the kids did, but apparently it was something pretty bad, they were punished and you can root for them next season.

As for the stuff at UConn, let it play out and hopefully if something wrong was done the guilty will be punished. But you should worry about what is happening at your school on your board.

challenge; give me one example of a UCONN player getting suspended for a year for a non-criminal offense that did not involve athletics. This is not a knock against UConn. My point is that PC has handled this situation poorly. Either put th kids on the floor or throw them out. A one semester suspension for a mystery offense(that has already been investigated by the police and deemed not criminal) is plenty. You can't attempt to compete with the top programs and pull this BS.

I don't want to be a school of thugs, but consistency is needed. Henton had his issues in the off season and didn't miss a minute. Again, not knocking uconn; using it as an example of a discipline oriented coach who knows how to maneuver.

Reaction Score
Who the hell is brandon austin, for a second I confused him with brandon ashley

Reaction Score
challenge; give me one example of a UCONN player getting suspended for a year for a non-criminal offense that did not involve athletics. This is not a knock against UConn. My point is that PC has handled this situation poorly. Either put th kids on the floor or throw them out. A one semester suspension for a mystery offense(that has already been investigated by the police and deemed not criminal) is plenty. You can't attempt to compete with the top programs and pull this BS.

I don't want to be a school of thugs, but consistency is needed. Henton had his issues in the off season and didn't miss a minute. Again, not knocking uconn; using it as an example of a discipline oriented coach who knows how to maneuver.
The offense is not a mystery to the folks who investigated the incident. I have no idea whether or not Austin's punishment was fair but you don't either.
BTW, I get no pleasure from seeing a young man get into trouble no matter which school he attends and the people who do enjoy it are idiots.

Reaction Score

Challenge? I guess you don't follow UConn basketball, but a few years ago we had something called laptopgate. AJ Price, a McD's all American PG was suspended for a full season and Marcus Williams another terrific PG was suspended for a semester. The suspensions probably cost UConn a Final 4 [were beat by a basket in elite eight] and maybe the 1996 national championship! You seem like a good guy, but just know that being a UConn fan since the mid sixties I know this PC/UConn "rivalry" better than most. PC was the best team in NE back then and that has changed for a long time now. As a New London HS grad I wish nothing but the best for Kris Dunn-he's a great player and person. BTW my granddaughter has applied to UConn, URI, Brown etc [not PC though LOL]. Good luck this year and going forward.

Reaction Score
Sean-BTW-the criminal charges against both were dismissed in case you wanted to point that out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They would not have missed a minute at any other major conference school. Cooley is not happy.
And the others before him at PC? Were those the fault of the old and better Big East?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom