OT Brady's new uni | The Boneyard

OT Brady's new uni

Reaction Score
This must be hard for Pats nation

BRADY-2-BUCS-869x1024.jpg

Reaction Score
Can't speak for anyone else, but not really.

Edit: That is a terrible looking uniform.

Edit #2: 20 year runs of expecting win every single game don't happen in professional sports. It was incredible and probably unlike anything else I'll experience as a sports fan. But everything ends, last year felt like the end, and I - for one - am looking forward to see what they can do without him. Maybe they'll go 6-10, maybe they'll surprise some people. Put me in the camp that says Stidham is going to be better than expected.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t bother me. I got over it quickly. I’m ready for the Pats to find a new QB while Belichick is still there. I have to trust his plans to leave the franchise in good shape when he retires.

I am also looking forward to seeing Brady live in Tampa a few times. I have quite a few friends that are natives and Buc fans, so I’ll have no problem getting someone to go see a game or two.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t bother me. I got over it quickly. I’m ready for the Pats to find a new QB while Belichick is still there. I have to trust his plans to leave the franchise in good shape when he retires.

I am also looking forward to seeing Brady live in Tampa a few times. I have quite a few friends that are natives and Buc fans, so I’ll have no problem getting someone to go see a game or two.

1592496401648.png

Reaction Score
Not a Pats fan but I can’t imagine this is a big deal to them. NE’s ceiling was winning the AFC East and losing early in the playoffs. Brady gets 1-2 more chances with a better offensive team and NE starts over which was a long time coming.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Is that photo 'shopped? I've seen the press photos of him in the new uniforms (which actually look pretty good). Why (and when) would he have been wearing last year's uniform?

And, like others have said, I got over it pretty quickly. It was an amazing run. I'd rather see how things play out this year with Stidham than have TB12 back for another uninspired season where it appears that he fails to mesh with and trust his receivers. That was a little depressing to watch last season. I hope both the Pats and Brady do well next season.

Reaction Score
And, like others have said, I got over it pretty quickly. It was an amazing run. I'd rather see how things play out this year with Stidham than have TB12 back for another uninspired season where it appears that he fails to mesh with and trust his receivers. That was a little depressing to watch last season. I hope both the Pats and Brady do well next season.

No. You're lying. Someone you've never met who has a massive insecurity complex about the team you root for knows what you're thinking better than you do.

Reaction Score
Yeah, after winning the division for almost two straight decades, getting an annual 1st rd bye, hosting pretty much every AFC championship game, playing in 9 super bowls and going in every year as 1 of maybe 4-5 teams that can win a title?

It was time to let that go. I'd rather see if Jarred Stidham is any good. It'll be fun watching them win 5 games. No way I'd rather take maybe one more shot with Brady and give him a farewell tour that he deserves.

LOL!!!!

Reaction Score
Any Pats fan who says that picture doesn't bother them is flat out lying.
I’m a Pats fan who says that picture doesn’t bother me. He had an unprecedented run for us, but it was time for him to move on. I wish Brady nothing but success as a Buc.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Yeah, after winning the division for almost two straight decades, getting an annual 1st rd bye, hosting pretty much every AFC championship game, playing in 9 super bowls and going in every year as 1 of maybe 4-5 teams that can win a title?

It was time to let that go. I'd rather see if Jarred Stidham is any good. It'll be fun watching them win 5 games. No way I'd rather take maybe one more shot with Brady and give him a farewell tour that he deserves.

LOL!!!!
No. Not LOL. You actually did a swell job of explaining why I fee the way I do. "...after winning the division for almost two straight decades, getting an annual 1st rd bye, hosting pretty much every AFC championship game, playing in 9 super bowls and going in every year as 1 of maybe 4-5 teams that can win a title" So Brady comes back and they make the playoffs...again. That's great. But for me, watching their offense last season was painful, despite their record, margin of victory etc. It's time to move on in my opinion. But maybe I'm not entitled to one? Yeesh

On edit: Is it conceivable to you that as a Patriots fan first, and a Brady fan distant second, that it would be more exciting to see them make the playoffs again this season with their new QB?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is that photo 'shopped? I've seen the press photos of him in the new uniforms (which actually look pretty good). Why (and when) would he have been wearing last year's uniform?

It might be photoshopped

Reaction Score

LOL!!!!

Keep fighting this fight.

Reaction Score
Not a Pats fan but I can’t imagine this is a big deal to them. NE’s ceiling was winning the AFC East and losing early in the playoffs. Brady gets 1-2 more chances with a better offensive team and NE starts over which was a long time coming.
This. Pats fan my whole life. Brady was declining rapidly before our eyes. Maybe he gets rejuvenated in tampa, maybe he doesn't. But he was definitely not worth the Pats spending $50mm on him. Tampa needed to for tix......NE didn't. Anyone who didn't see his skills diminish last season is blind. I hope he does great and proves me wrong. But I wasn't willing to see my team take that $50mm gamble.

Reaction Score
This. Pats fan my whole life. Brady was declining rapidly before our eyes. Maybe he gets rejuvenated in tampa, maybe he doesn't. But he was definitely not worth the Pats spending $50mm on him. Tampa needed to for tix......NE didn't. Anyone who didn't see his skills diminish last season is blind. I hope he does great and proves me wrong. But I wasn't willing to see my team take that $50mm gamble.

1592509824880.png

Reaction Score
Another pats fan chiming in here... Brady was my QB growing up (I'm 18) and he's always gonna be the QB I would want with 2 minutes on the clock down 3. Does that mean I wish he didn't leave? No, not at all. Good for him wanting to play somewhere else and ending up in Tampa with Gronk. I'm sure they'll have a good time. I don't hold that against him in any regard and it certainly doesn't make me upset seeing him in a Tampa Bay uniform.

The pats might take a step back, but at least it might be more interesting this year not being the favorites for basically every game on the schedule unlike the last 20 years. It's a business. Thanks for the memories Tom, go do your thing down in Florida.

Reaction Score
Awful unis and Brady looks so weird in that. I’m a Green Bay fan so I’ve been spoiled the last 30 years - first I had Fave and then right into Rodgers- that’s all I’ve known

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Not a pats fan, but I think sports and in particular free agency have changed and this would have been a bigger deal 10-20 years ago. As a fan, you’d love to pull up his pro-football-reference page 10 years from now and only see the Patriots. But Brady said he doesn’t care about legacy, which is of course the only opinion that matters. Besides, as some other posters have mentioned he is 40 some odd years old and clearly in decline.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
As a Sox fan growing up in the Pedro Martinez era I thought every team had an ace that would go 8 innings striking out 12 and giving up 1 run every 5 days. This may be a similar awakening

Reaction Score
What exactly is your point in all this? That it's not possible for a Pats fan to be anything other than crushed over this. If that's it, it's pretty black and white - you're incorrect.

Yes. That’s my point. It’s not possible to be happy about him playing and not in a NE uniform. And you can tell me otherwise all you want. It doesn’t make it true. I don’t buy the Good Luck, Tommy bit at all. Sorry.

And if what you say really is true? Why do you care what I say? You clearly do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom