OT Brady to Fox | The Boneyard

OT Brady to Fox

Reaction Score
These guys are making way more as broadcasters than they did playing. Brady is doubling the current highest salary Good for him but I don’t see why any broadcaster is worth 18+ mil a year, let alone 37

Maybe he’ll finally make more money than his wife! :cool:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I hope the day he retires he bags the whole TB12 thing, goes full Madden and starts devouring turducken on the set to make up for lost time.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Maybe he can analyze this one day

Attachments

• 7F431D07-688D-42F8-97D7-8C533D50819B.jpeg
    7F431D07-688D-42F8-97D7-8C533D50819B.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 112

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Brady going to a network makes sense. He’ll be good at it.

I do not understand the economics of this deal. I don’t care that much, but I don’t understand them. I think or Abraham Lincoln might be the only broadcasters who would bring that much value over the court of their contract.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why networks are paying analysts so much $$. I have never tuned in a game in any sport because of who was announcing. Ever.
But I liked it when some were there, like John Madden, Bill Raftery, and the TNT game crew.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Insane for something he's never done before. What if he sucks at it?

He will not be worth the money.

He’s an exponentially better QB than Romo ever was, needless to say. And I have a feeling that the gap will be just as big in terms of their skill at color commentary.

I could be wrong but I bet not. He obviously knows the Xs and Os but he’s got the personality of a glove.

Reaction Score
I love playing amatuer psychiatrist. There are couples who do best with a bit of alone time. They don't need to be around each other all day, every day. I'm thinking Brady and Giselle don't mind if Tom's away from home for 2 or 3 days every other week.

Reaction Score
Is there a strong relationship between broadcasters and total viewers? Does the broadcaster actually attract more viewers. I really dont know, but i would guess the broadcasting team has only a mild impact on viewers.

Brady is going to make ~double Romo, Aikman, etc... How is he worth that much? I'd love to see some numbers that prove he's actually worth double those other dudes.

If I were Fox I wouldn't pay that much unless the deal included Barkley, Kenny and Shaq. Those dudes are essentially priceless.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't you want to see him do it once before shelling out 3/8 of a billion?

Are viewers really going to be twice as likely to listen to Brady call the game on Fox vs. Romo on CBS?

Reaction Score
Does anyone even tune into a game for the announcers? If it's 2 good teams I'm watching, it the mattchup sucks I'm not. Seems like a waste of money

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm telling you right now. With this news and Top Gun: Maverick dropping soon, the robots are making a move. Not sure what it is but it can't be good.

Reaction Score
But I liked it when some were there, like John Madden, Bill Raftery, and the TNT game crew.
TNT game crew is not so good except for Hubie. Studio crew is awesome.I’d rather eat glass than listen to Reggie Miller and whoever else does games. Jeff van gundy is okay sometimes.

Reaction Score
10 years 375 million. SMH
I can’t fathom 37.5 per year as an announcer. That is stupid.

There is absolutely nothing that he can do that justify that salary. No one tunes into the games for the announcers.

I can’t even fathom the logic behind the deal .

Reaction Score
Is there a strong relationship between broadcasters and total viewers? Does the broadcaster actually attract more viewers. I really dont know, but i would guess the broadcasting team has only a mild impact on viewers.

Brady is going to make ~double Romo, Aikman, etc... How is he worth that much? I'd love to see some numbers that prove he's actually worth double those other dudes.

If I were Fox I wouldn't pay that much unless the deal included Barkley, Kenny and Shaq. Those dudes are essentially priceless.

This doesn’t make any sense. There is nothing any of the color announcers do that brings in viewers.

Unless he is doing specials, appearances, doing a lot of other stuff, this makes no sense. They must have more work for him .

The only crew that brings in viewers is the tnt crew. And, they essentially have a television show, great chemistry, and are in twice a week for over 30 minutes.

Reaction Score
TNT game crew is not so good except for Hubie. Studio crew is awesome.I’d rather eat glass than listen to Reggie Miller and whoever else does games. Jeff van gundy is okay sometimes.
Sorry, I meant Shaq, EJ, Kenny, and Chuck. They're hilarious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom