OT Brady to Fox | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Brady to Fox

Reaction Score
Does anyone even tune into a game for the announcers? If it's 2 good teams I'm watching, it the mattchup sucks I'm not. Seems like a waste of money
If I have time to watch a game and the team I root for isn't playing, I'll see if Romo is doing one of the games that's currently on. If he is I'll watch that one. I enjoy his enthusiasm and breakdown of the game. He's the only broadcaster I'll do that for though, otherwise I'll just pick the best match up.

I'm intrigued by how Brady will do as a broadcaster. I'll probably seek out one or two of his games to see how he does. I think he gives decent insight when he's on the Manningcast on Monday Night Football.

Reaction Score
This is the sweetest job fun to be paid to do. Free first class travel, seeing the best games, top hotels, best restaurants, etc.. Sure Brady could do all this alone, but to get paid $37.5 million per year for 4 months of work to 'watch' the game you love and lived, is so much sweeter.

Only 'novice' Brady could grab the Holy Grail of sports jobs.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is the sweetest job fun to be paid to do. Free first class travel, seeing the best games, top hotels, best restaurants, etc.. Sure Brady could do all this alone, but to get paid $37.5 million per year for 4 months of work to 'watch' the game you love and lived, is so much sweeter.

Only 'novice' Brady could grab the Holy Grail of sports jobs.
Aikman's deal was 5 years for $92.5 million, or $18+ mill/year.

ESPN offered Peyton $15 mill/year to be a color man in the broadcast booth. Manning chose to do the alternative broadcast with his brother for about half that, but also has a deal with ESPN for his Omaha Productions company.

In that light, it seems absurd what Brady is going to get.

Reaction Score
This doesn’t make any sense. There is nothing any of the color announcers do that brings in viewers.

Unless he is doing specials, appearances, doing a lot of other stuff, this makes no sense. They must have more work for him .

The only crew that brings in viewers is the tnt crew. And, they essentially have a television show, great chemistry, and are in twice a week for over 30 minutes.
Yeah. Was wondering the same. Is he doing more than broadcasting the game. I could see Brady demanding more $$ if he was part of the studio team. Or has his own show where he does post game analysis.

Reaction Score
Barkley, Kenny and Shaq basically do a variety show. And a pretty damn good one.

I might tune in to watch Brady, Gronk and someone else do something similar. It would have to be a rival. Ray Lewis... maybe. I don't know the personalities of football players that much. Someone with legit playing cache and a fun personality. That show immediately after the Sunday games would warrant some significant $$.

Reaction Score

He sounds like a FOX executive. To be honest, that's not unrealistic. I would not be surprised if Tom finds his way onto the board of directors for a few large corporations.

edit: His football career has transcended sports. I could also see him as some kind of ambassador, presidential Cabinet member or some other congressionally appointed/approved position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom