OT: Boneyard "Other Football" World Cup Thread | Page 60 | The Boneyard

OT: Boneyard "Other Football" World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Honestly you're so off base here I don't even know I give a crap. Tschuss.
Congratulations you get the last word. I didn't think It'd be, "TSchuss," though.

Reaction Score
Johnson goes down. Huge blow, him and Beasley have been dangerous making runs. Yedlin is fast, but can he defend.

I think I agree with Twellman. Bring in Beckerman, move Cameron over.

Reaction Score
I know we've had this argument/discussion often. But is there any doubt that if Ogiri were American he'd either be a star WR or a star SF? If we see a few athletes of his caliber in America drawn into Soccer, we'll start threatening for the final four of the WC.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Down to two subs. One could very well be Altidore. US must be smart with the last. On the brightside, they are not in Manous.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Liked what I've seen so far. Belgium can be had on the counter with just a little more quality. Need to stop handing the ball over and press the ball better in our own half.

Winning the aerial battle fairly decisively so far. Those crosses haven't been too threatening, just too frequent.

Rooting very hard for Yedlin. May be inexperienced, but no doubt he has testiculos.

Reaction Score
Liked what I've seen so far. Belgium can be had on the counter with just a little more quality. Need to stop handing the ball over and press the ball better in our own half.

Winning the aerial battle fairly decisively so far. Those crosses haven't been too threatening, just too frequent.

Rooting very hard for Yedlin. May be inexperienced, but no doubt he has testiculos.

He's got an incredible future.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I'd go with no subs at the half. In fact hold off as long as possible then put mix in for Bedoya at about 75-80 mins, maybe Wondo if he waits for extra time.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
JK has been tops with his subs. Have to question the poacher with so little offensive possession. Rather have the runner playmaker, Mix.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Clint needs to at least think about passing it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wondo has to bury that. Just has to be converted.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Wondo has to bury that. Just has to be converted.

Yes, those kind of misses can be haunting. At least we where spared a lifetime of, that was not offsides.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, those kind of misses can be haunting. At least we where spared a lifetime of, that was not offsides.

Darke said they didn't actually call offsides.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This team really knows how to lose in the most painful ways possible.

Reaction Score
Could not ask for more. Really I don't know what to say. They left it on the field what more can you ask. Now we know why Yedlin and Green were on the team.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, what can I say. A few things, I suppose:

1) I'm proud of this team - The way they battled and the way they believed. It's clear that we don't have the top quality of other countries, nor the depth. But we have more than enough heart and athleticism to compete with most teams in the world, and we just needed one more touch to fall our way.
2) Klinsmann - For any second-guessing that have come about certain roster moves or certain formations, he has undoubtedly made this team better than they were before. This is not the team of Bob Bradley or Bruce Arena. This is a much more sound team, with many more possibilities.
3) Tim Howard - The man of the match, by far. For this game alone, he deserves to hoist the cup.
4) The USA - I'm really proud about the fact that the nation has unified behind this team. I wasn't ever sure that it would happen in my lifetime where tens of millions would follow the team here; where companies would have the game playing for their employees to see; where a football board could have over 50 pages of soccer commentary. I'm super proud today...

Reaction Score
Team never gave up but the story of this tournament was Tim Howard's performance and our inability to sore goals and keep possession.. Wish we had another guy with a high skill level and international experience who could set up plays, see the field, cross the ball and make clean finishes. Oh that's right, we have a player like that but coach felt he would disrupt our high powered offense.

Dan you've forgotten more about soccer than I ever knew but the obvious might just be the reason we couldn't win this game. Jurgen rode Howard and deserves little credit for our advancement out of the group imo. We were not in control of any game in this tournament and easily could have been knocked out early if not for Howard and the heart of players who left it all out there. I have no reason to believe LD wouldn't have given that same effort.

The guys on ESPN are doing everything they can right now zeroing in on the issue but avoiding the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom