OT - Bill Walton | The Boneyard

OT - Bill Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not the first time I've posted about him but I have to imagine all the second tier ESPN announcers pile into a room on Sunday and draw straws for who has to do a game with Walton.

So bizarre, so disruptive to the game, so tough on the other guy.

I have no idea why ESPN keeps him on staff.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Walton's done an exceptional amount of drugs in his time. And now he's a color guy. What's so hard about that?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
"the conference of champions"

funniest shtick in the game

Reaction Score
Bill Walton, although his brain is fried, is absolutely hilarious and really adds entertainment to the telecast. Him and Dave Pasch work really good together and the best part a lot of the time is the reaction by Pasch to the crazy things that come out of Waltons mouth at the most random times. Some of my favorites include how he raves about how great it is to be in Vegas for the Pac 12 tournament, talking about people defecting from Cuba in the middle of a game, and this video about the volcano is pretty funny.

Reaction Score
He's just what you need to watch the late games. BTW was I supposed to have heard of the 2 announcers who did our game tonight or did they win a contest?

Reaction Score
Rode an elevator in NYC with him once. Spoke to him about UConn basketball but in retrospect should have heard about his experience at the Great Pyramid of Giza.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
He's just what you need to watch the late games. BTW was I supposed to have heard of the 2 announcers who did our game tonight or did they win a contest?
They were better than Patrick/Elmore or listening to Pete Gillen ramble about tofu and someone name Kevin Ali.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Walton is awful.

He makes Dickie V's schtick look spontaneous.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
It would annoy the hell out of me if I had to listen to him do UConn games, but listening to him to a game I care very little about is incredibly entertaining to me. I find the key is it to try to approach his altitude before tuning in. It also helps to throw on a Red Rocks show in the background to set the mood.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Walton is an insufferable bore who thinks he's God's gift to the planet. Last year Arizona fans petitioned the networks to remove him from all U of A BB broadcasts, which is ironic considering they're one of the many teams he does his over the top gushing about. He has a mandatory minimum number of times during each game that he has to say "conference of champions." Every time I hear it I want to reach through the TV screen and rip out his larynx. Thankfully the mute button works.

Reaction Score
Walton is exhibit A for laying off of the 'shrooms for you younger viewers

every time I hear him, I think of James Earl Jones' character in Field of Dreams....peace, love, DOPE

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Bill Walton turned the entire NCAA Tournament and all of its teams into the Washington Generals, during his 88 game winning streak. It was drugs, sex and the Grateful Dead that kept him from going undefeated in college. He played a few healthy seasons in the NBA and won a title in Portland and was a sixth man for a Celt run.
And still made Hall of Fame. Bill might have been the best player ever if his foot had not broken and he could have attended a few less Grateful Dead concerts.
But this is why he always has a seat at the table.

Reaction Score
Not the first time I've posted about him but I have to imagine all the second tier ESPN announcers pile into a room on Sunday and draw straws for who has to do a game with Walton.

So bizarre, so disruptive to the game, so tough on the other guy.

I have no idea why ESPN keeps him on staff.
Bill Walton should be banned from television.

He use to do NBA on NBC back in the 90's and wasn't that bad.

He seems to get worse and worse every year.

At this point I mute the TV when I watch games done by him, he is a clown and is all over the place, insanity.

I hope ESPN doesn't pay him, bizarre.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
In this thread Ive learned who Id throw down and rage with and who I'd point to the nearest surgery center for stick in the butt removal.

Bill has a comment for the latter group:

"Sorry for partying, not sorry though" - Bill Walton.

The world is a lot more colorful place with Bill Walton in it. The only thing I can even stomach about ESPN these days is the fact that they let this guy off the leash.

Reaction Score
Bill Walton turned the entire NCAA Tournament and all of its teams into the Washington Generals, during his 88 game winning streak. It was drugs, sex and the Grateful Dead that kept him from going undefeated in college. He played a few healthy seasons in the NBA and won a title in Portland and was a sixth man for a Celt run.
And still made Hall of Fame. Bill might have been the best player ever if his foot had not broken and he could have attended a few less Grateful Dead concerts.
But this is why he always has a seat at the table.

Pretty sure everyone here knows his background, champ.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Walton is exhibit A for laying off of the 'shrooms for you younger viewers

every time I hear him, I think of James Earl Jones' character in Field of Dreams....peace, love, DOPE

I'd say LSD, not shrooms. But I'm pretty sure Walton was always this tripped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom