OT Best Wings in CT | The Boneyard

OT Best Wings in CT

Reaction Score
Tried to post to an old thread but it was closed.

Figured that I would give an update to some of the comments in the old wing thread. My son requested we go to Bidwell Tavern yesterday after UConn tour and meetings in business school etc. We got the hot buffalo and the teriyaki wings. Wings were dry and lacked taste. The buffalo had no heat. Finger licking/wiping was definitely not necessary.

Several years ago I would have argued that Bidwell was the standard bearer for wings. Sadly, cannot say that anymore.

Reaction Score
Tried to post to an old thread but it was closed.

Figured that I would give an update to some of the comments in the old wing thread. My son requested we go to Bidwell Tavern yesterday after UConn tour and meetings in business school etc. We got the hot buffalo and the teriyaki wings. Wings were dry and lacked taste. The buffalo had no heat. Finger licking/wiping was definitely not necessary.

Several years ago I would have argued that Bidwell was the standard bearer for wings. Sadly, cannot say that anymore.
J.Timothys

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Seconded on Bidwell. Still a cool local place to hang out, but the wings are not at all what they used to be ten years ago. I've never eaten anything that rivals J. Timothys, but that's just my opinion.

Reaction Score
J.Timothys
Had J. Timothy's wings a couple weeks ago and have to say they were very good. But I haven't lived in CT in a long time so I haven't had enough wings in CT to say they're the best.

Reaction Score
I second TKs - also like 'Two in the Pool' at Eli Cannons. Too much whirl in J. Timothy's for my taste, but dirty is solid.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sure the wings at Bidwell haven't impressed for years but doesn't the increasingly indifferent service more than make up for it? Let's just say it, the place blows.

J. Timothy's are #1 for me, Archie Moore's a close 2nd.

Reaction Score
I second TKs - also like 'Two in the Pool' at Eli Cannons. Too much whirl in J. Timothy's for my taste, but dirty is solid.
Two in the pool is grade A

Reaction Score
A little curve ball here. The smoked wings from the Wiremill in Georgetown are awesome, especially when they are right out of the smoker. They have a really nice tangy horseradish based white sauce to go with it, as well.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The wings my buddy makes at football tailgates lords over all.

Now that the sauce is available a Stop & Shop, Archie Moore's wings can be replicated - most probably, improved upon...and for less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom