OT - Best Meal of the Day | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Best Meal of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I also like baked beans with eggs, but that taste was aquired on my own.
I make some really good baked beans, but never tried them with eggs??? hmmm???

Scrambled I assume?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I forgot one of my all time favorite breakfasts. Huevos Rancheros! A tortilla topped with chorizo, refried beans, a couple of over easy eggs, salsa fresca and shredded cheese. Heaven, and a need for a bypass, all on the same plate.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I make some really good baked beans, but never tried them with eggs??? hmmm???

Scrambled I assume?
Next to each other, not mixed in my case. However, the Good Egg features some skillets where you have a choice of black beans or potatoes as the base for your eggs and other ingredients. It is touted as the dietetic option.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I forgot one of my all time favorite breakfasts. Huevos Rancheros! A tortilla topped with chorizo, refried beans, a couple of over easy eggs, salsa fresca and shredded cheese. Heaven, and a need for a bypass, all on the same plate.

Oh yeah!! I always have Huevos Rancheros when I visit southern California... The best!!!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
On another note...

I have spent some time in Scotland... Breakfasts there are to die for... (They know how to pass away in bliss...) Beautiful bacon, not with ribs of fat but all loin... Sausages, plump ones, not the skinny overdone ones we see most of the time. Black pudding... Baked tomatoes, Eggs... Scones... Muffins... Ecstasy...

I am never sure after a week of those breakfasts whether I could ever pass a cholesterol test after returning, but then again, at my age, who cares!!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Best meal? The one someone else pays for. Absent that, I'll take shrimp marinara over angel hair with crunchy garlic bread in one hand and a nice cabernet in the other. Shrimp in any form actually will do just fine.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Best meal? The one someone else pays for. Absent that, I'll take shrimp marinara over angel hair with crunchy garlic bread in one hand and a nice cabernet in the other. Shrimp in any form actually will do just fine.
I guess thats dinner.... maybe not ;)

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Best meal of the day? Whichever meal I happen to be eating at any given moment. I'm not fussy.:)
Hoopsdiva- u r the "cream to my coffee"(juno) that is the correct answer!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Ct born and bred Italian - and i cant wait to go south and have killer grits- just alot of black pepper- and the waitresses 16-65 put there arm around you - call u sugar, and mean it. Love Pepe's Pizza- from Wooster Street NH and Grits! Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom