OT - Best Meal of the Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Best Meal of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
anybody does waffles instead of pancakes or vice versa?
I much prefer waffles myself. Just hard to get good ones.

Belgium waffles with vanilla ice cream and strawberries. mmmmm

This is depressing this morning as I sit here eating my fiber bars. :(

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I also prefer waffles. We have them at least once a month. My wife uses the same whole wheat batter for her awesome blueberry pancakes. Smothered with real maple syrup and 3-4 slices of bacon alongside - breakfast heaven.

Unfortunately, I only get bacon once a month. :( I'm probably not supposed to have that, but what's life without bacon? Or Italian sausage, or cheeseburgers, or a philly cheesesteak, or deep fried onion rings, or meatballs or pepperoni pizza, or . . . . anything truely tasty.

Now back to my f*&#ing Chobani lunch.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I only get bacon once a month. :( I'm probably not supposed to have that, but what's life without bacon? Or Italian sausage, or cheeseburgers, or a philly cheesesteak, or deep fried onion rings, or meatballs or pepperoni pizza, or . . . . anything truely tasty.

I feel ya. Is it even worth living longer??? :(

Reaction Score
Those are fine breafast, but I have missed mine for over 34 years.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I also prefer waffles. We have them at least once a month. My wife uses the same whole wheat batter for her awesome blueberry pancakes. Smothered with real maple syrup and 3-4 slices of bacon alongside - breakfast heaven.

damn

Reaction Score
For my oatmeal I stir in peanut butter, raisins or cranraisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, whole milk, and almond slivers. Yummy.
Dang, just throw those in the oven and make some cookies..... sounds good.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Bacon!!! There are some restaurants in NYC which serve huge thick cut bacon as appetizers... before your steak... Heaven, it is!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If you ever tasted my wife's creole shrimp and grits, you'd become believers...I still take my martinis without grits, however...
shrimp and grits... never heard of that but I guess it goes with "fish & grits" which I had for the 1st time about 2 months ago. It wasnt bad but I prefer bacon or sausage with my grits :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
shrimp and grits... never heard of that but I guess it goes with "fish & grits" which I had for the 1st time about 2 months ago. It wasnt bad but I prefer bacon or sausage with my grits :)

Ive never ordered shrimp and grits, but I've sampled it from a date's plate.. and it was quite tasty. Im sure there are many variations to it..... but the one i sampled consisted of"shrimp, tomatoes, scallions, applewood smoked bacon, and tarragon cream sauce over crispy fried grits " :cool:

Fish and grits are good as well.... not sure how you had it... but on the menu's Ive seen, the fish are fried. Guess it doesnt matter what kind of fish... I would probably choose whiting. Gotta have scrambled eggs on the side

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
sounds good... Im not a seafood guy so no shrimp for me :oops:

whiting and tilapa are great fried.. with or without grit, just give me some bread and hot sauce :D

Reaction Score
Going to have to make sure I make on last trip to the WaHo while bringing my son home from Atlanta for the last time. So many places to visit one last time food wise, so little time. The Varsity...Wa Ho...Mary Mac's Tea Room...The World of Coca-Cola - okay, no food in that last one, but every flavor of carbonated beverage from around the world to sample. Not sure I will ever have the courage to try the Beverly, though.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Breakfast is the most glorious meal with out a doubt. My fav is one I get to eat! Pancakes, bacon, breakfast taters, and as many eggs over easy as I can get. Pancakes smothered in egg yoke Oh My! Genetic thing...cholesterol never goes up to where I have to worry. Grits...yuck. Cream of wheat...double yuck. Oatmeal...(fill in the yucks).

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Went to the county fair last night. My wife had her favorite fair food - a mammoth sized smoked turkey leg.

In an ode to the earlier posters - there was a stand advertising the smoked turkey leg "wrapped in bacon". Which sounds good, but we had already eaten when we saw it.​

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I managed to make it over to Biscuitville yesterday, and tried the new Bacon and Pimento Cheese biscuit..... well i tried two :) They are wonderful.... Bacon does make certain things better.. though I dont like Bacon on my burgers. My next bacon challenge is the Maple donuts with bacon bits from Donut World.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's inexplicable, but my favorite food has always been Cheerios. I even have a bowl for dinner once a week or so.

I like bacon, but I can't quite understand how it seems to become so popular all of a sudden...

That said, we were in Florida last year and some place had a bacon-cheeseburger that was served on a glazed donut. I didn't order it, but I wish I had if for no other reason than to say I did. I actually think it would have been pretty good...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
homefries for breakfast anyone? I dont care for them especially IHOP's

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I miss some of the breakfasts that were served when I was in the Navy. Eggs, baked beans, white SOS (creamed chipped beef on toast) or red SOS (ground beef in a tomato base on toast).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I miss some of the breakfasts that were served when I was in the Navy. Eggs, baked beans, white SOS (creamed chipped beef on toast) or red SOS (ground beef in a tomato base on toast).
Actually really like that too. Haven't had that in years.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Actually really like that too. Haven't had that in years.

I remember the white stuff was usually called "foreskins on toast". Here's a recipe but you might have to adjust it a bit. It calls for 7 lbs of chipped beef.:)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I was never in service, but my Dad was in WWII. He brought a liking for creamed chip beef to the house. When I was young, my Mom was able to get actual chip beef at the local five and dime, and cream it herself. Then it started coming in a jar.

Now, only in select restaurants, none of which I think are in Tucson. We used to go to a diner in NJ every once in a while just because it was on the menu.

I also like baked beans with eggs, but that taste was aquired on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom