OT: Best hot dogs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Best hot dogs

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Ballpark Smoked Turkey Hot Dog is not the best hot dog in the world, but at 45 calories, it might be just what the doctor ordered for some of you.

I like them microwaved for 25 seconds and then ketchup'd. We don't have hot dog rolls, so I had to break them in half to fit them onto hamburger rolls.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The Ballpark Smoked Turkey Hot Dog is not the best hot dog in the world, but at 45 calories, it might be just what the doctor ordered for some of you.

I like them microwaved for 25 seconds and then ketchup'd. We don't have hot dog rolls, so I had to break them in half to fit them onto hamburger rolls.
You're haven't lived until you've put them on the bun and added the ketchup BEFORE microwaving, and don't forget to add a few seconds.

Reaction Score
Love Hummels, but my favorite CT dog is Rosols in New Britain, same company that makes them for Blackies .
Best supermarket dog for the home grill are Black Bear natural casing hot dogs sold at ShopRite. Best hotdogs you could ever have eating out was at Rawleys in Fairfield before Chico sold the place ten or so years ago.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
#1 Norwalks's Swanky Franks chili dog
#2 Any Umbrella Room near the Biology building on Washington Square Park on my way to Biochem. Two with the works
#3 Hebrew National boiled with Gulden's mustard!
#4 Don't have one

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Come on man. Buffalo is Western NY. Those brands are meaningless in the eastern part of the state so don't cast those wieners upon us. The only way I know Sahlen's is because we work with the athletic program of schools in Rochester that routinely play in Sahlen Stadium - other than that they aren't in Eastern NY or the North Country.

This is old but I need to respond: the answer to what hot dogs are best grilled is one of those two, geography be damned. I didn’t see the OP say “only mention ones I can find in a 5 mile radius of my house.”

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I haven’t had a hot dog in 9 months. Alone today.....

I’m hitting the store. The mower has a flat tire I need a diversion

Thanks

Reaction Score
So y'all get a kick out of this. We moved to Dallas 3.5 years ago and there are three things we miss more than anything about Connecticut...because we literally cannot find them anywhere in DFW:

• A good hot dog (Glenwood, Swanky Franks in its day, Frankies, etc.)
  • Homemade creamy ice cream (Sweet Claudes)
  • Connecticut pizza -- or NY pizza for that matter.
Three boneyard staples and damn I miss them. They are FIRST things we head for whenever we go to CT.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As a dedicated hot dog place Snappy Dogs in Hopkinton, MA is excellent.

Store hot dogs we end up with Maple Leaf because that’s what my wife likes. Have never compared them. Ballpark for kids.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Best supermarket dog for the home grill are Black Bear natural casing hot dogs sold at ShopRite. Best hotdogs you could ever have eating out was at Rawleys in Fairfield before Chico sold the place ten or so years ago.
Agree on point 1. And Rawley's were good. But couldn't hold a candle to Jimmie's of Savin Rock pre1970 dogs.

Reaction Score
Major News! The Crown Market West Hartford has had Hebrew National natural casing on the link, but call first. They have a separate stand in the far left corner of the store where they have the dogs and stuff like pastrami. They also have Heb Nat salami there they will custom slice ultra thin, to die for.

Please believe me when I tell you the NYT survey is bogus because these dogs blow away packaged Hebrew National (WHICH WON THE SURVEY) not the same deal. They are not cheap dogs but worth every penny. They have that snap.

Reaction Score
Everyone knows that relish not ketchup or even mustard is how you dress a dog. Combine the perfect hot dog (hummels) with the perfect relish and you get Blackies hot dogs in Cheshire. Your welcome.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Everyone knows that relish not ketchup or even mustard is how you dress a dog. Combine the perfect hot dog (hummels) with the perfect relish and you get Blackies hot dogs in Cheshire. Your welcome.
Blackies puts out that relish and mustard for a reason.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
1592090936459.png

By far the pigs in a blanket that Thumpers used to roll out during nickel night buffet. That place literally fed me for free once I moved off campus while simultaneously taking all of the food money my parents gave me to live on. Marketing geniuses.

Reaction Score
I just ate this SOB for lunch today. Jaxson's in Dania Beach, FL. They got rid of my favorite chicago dog and I opted for this. Great dog and fresh baked bread to boot.

20200613_195902.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom