OT: Best Bagel in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best Bagel in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It’s hard to find even great nyc bagels. They are there but not ubiquitous. Forget bialys which are the best thing ever, but practically extinct

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jersey has good bagels. Ramapo Valley bagels has a killer sandwich:

o.jpg

Ah, you feel the ol' arteries hardening just looking at it. Used to hit this place before AAU tournaments. Kept you going for a whole day of games.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Apropos thread. Next time in the city go to Russ and daughters on E. Houston get a super heebster bagel. Tell em Adub sent you for an extra Schmear

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
It’s hard to find even great nyc bagels. They are there but not ubiquitous. Forget bialys which are the best thing ever, but practically extinct
I remember when Lender's bagels was a one store retail bakery. Great bagels then, water bagels at it's best. Now the are all over the country and are garbage. Come to the coast in Oregon and I'll make you a true NY style water bagel.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
H&H is back in business with new owners and they deliver daily to New Haven again, and I am told they are still pretty good but I don't really do bagels anymore. I love bialys, which I don't believe H&H does anymore--or at least not that make it up this way--but believe it or not Stop & Shop has very good bialys in their bakery section. We buy a stack of them a few times a week; whole family loves them.

The kids like Cohens, too, and I think they're fine but not up to NYC standards. I used to love comparing and contrasting H&H and Ess-a-Bagel, but haven't had the latter in almost 20 years.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

o.jpg

Ah, you feel the ol' arteries hardening just looking at it. Used to hit this place before AAU tournaments. Kept you going for a whole day of games.
Yessir. As a NJ native, our bagels are one of the must-visit places I go every time I’m back.

Celebrity Bagels in Tenafly is worth the trip.

Reaction Score
Not in CT but a stones throw away is the Bagel Emporium of Port Chester. Solid bagels and breakfast sandwiches with a great selection of cream cheese.

Reaction Score
Flanders Bakery in East Lyme has the best bagels in the state.

I think their donuts are better than the bagels. Was actually disappointed with the bagel i had from there might have to try again

Reaction Score
Not in CT but a stones throw away is the Bagel Emporium of Port Chester. Solid bagels and breakfast sandwiches with a great selection of cream cheese.

never heard of these but will check out, thanks!

Reaction Score
Shef’s on Rt 10 in Cheshire does a good job. Salt bagel w/ scallion cream cheese always hits the spot.

Reaction Score

o.jpg

Taylor Ham (not Pork Roll!), Egg and Cheese. Classic New Jersey. One of the places in my town puts a hashbrown on the bagel sandwich to add a bit more clogging power. I need to go back and look at the diet thread so I don't run over and get a sandwich now!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Taylor Ham (not Pork Roll!), Egg and Cheese. Classic New Jersey. One of the places in my town puts a hashbrown on the bagel sandwich to add a bit more clogging power. I need to go back and look at the diet thread so I don't run over and get a sandwich now!
Where in CT is Jersey?

Reaction Score
Worth the watch:

Also, far from the best bagels ever, but when I was growing up in Glastonbury they had day old bagels from Bagelz available in the cafeteria in school. As a kid, that was really amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom