OT: Barclay's Dumping the Islanders | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Barclay's Dumping the Islanders

Reaction Score
I wonder who?

Courant:
"As a result of sending that letter, getting as much publicity as it got, we have been contacted by a group that would very much like to explore ... bringing a team should they be successful in acquiring it," Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Friday afternoon during a tour of the 42-year-old downtown arena.

"There are folks who are seeking to understand exactly what our plan calls for, and that's not exclusively the Islanders anymore," he said. "We've been contacted by other folks who are interesting in acquiring an NHL team and want to know what we would do to this facility to modernize it."

Register:
"Malloy said Friday he has spoken in the past with the NHL commissioner about Hartford possibly hosting a team. He said there are other owner groups, “not exclusively the Islanders” who have expressed interest in learning more about the state’s plans for the XL Center. He did not elaborate".

Reaction Score
I wonder who?

Courant:
"As a result of sending that letter, getting as much publicity as it got, we have been contacted by a group that would very much like to explore ... bringing a team should they be successful in acquiring it," Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Friday afternoon during a tour of the 42-year-old downtown arena.

"There are folks who are seeking to understand exactly what our plan calls for, and that's not exclusively the Islanders anymore," he said. "We've been contacted by other folks who are interesting in acquiring an NHL team and want to know what we would do to this facility to modernize it."

Register:
"Malloy said Friday he has spoken in the past with the NHL commissioner about Hartford possibly hosting a team. He said there are other owner groups, “not exclusively the Islanders” who have expressed interest in learning more about the state’s plans for the XL Center. He did not elaborate".
I would be interested to find out as well. The 3 teams that will most likely be moving are the Coyotes, Hurricanes (almost a given for these 2 franchises right now) and Islanders (if they can't get something done on LI).

Reaction Score
Didn't the Islanders owners just take control of the team? Can't see them selling or wanting to give up the tv money by moving out of the NYC area. Hurricanes are for sale, right? Would the NHL allow that many teams in the northeast corridor again? I think it's beyond a pipe dream at this point but Hartford needs an arena regardless and if something drastic doesn't happen in terms of a rebuild it'll probably fall down again.

Reaction Score
Brooklyn Nets Arena Lost More Money With New York Islanders Than Without Them

Without isles: BC lost $38 million
With isles: BC lost $45.6 million

Articles says BC was supposed to pay isles 53.5 million a year to play in arena. Documents show they only paid the isles 37.5 mil

#fakenews
or do all reporters/editors do such a crappy jobs these days with research and follow up.

My Big Mistake With The Brooklyn Nets Arena And New York Islanders

Mixed up the +/- Made 45 with isles in 15-16 and made 38 w/o them the year before.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think I read somewhere that they are trying to build an arena next to Belmont Park.

Reaction Score
I think I read somewhere that they are trying to build an arena next to Belmont Park.
That's one of 2 spots they have looked at..the other is near or adjacent to Citi Field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom