OT Avelo Air/Tweed New Haven Airport | The Boneyard

OT Avelo Air/Tweed New Haven Airport

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any experience flying Avelo - good, bad, or indifferent? What about flying in/out of Tweed? I decided to fly to Chicago Midway via Avelo this trip as non-stop and convenient from Trumbull.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Flew direct from Tweed to Wilmington, NC. Initial flight delayed due to storms but they kept us updated. return flight had no issues. Both flights had friendly crews and smooth rides in air. Also did flight to Myrtle without issue.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any experience flying Avelo - good, bad, or indifferent? What about flying in/out of Tweed? I decided to fly to Chicago Midway via Avelo this trip as non-stop and convenient from Trumbull.

All positive.

There is a thread somewhere about it.

Reaction Score
I flew to Savannah and to baltimore this summer from Tweed. Both very very easy. The baggage claim is kind of funny because it’s not circular. It’s a short straight conveyer belt and at the end it just drops the luggage lol

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have heard good things. The throng of STOP TWEED EXPANSION yahoos go down easier than orcs as you approach the entry to the airport. They are passionate but any type of car can wipe out 6 to 12 easily.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Flew out of Tweed a few times. Very satisfied.
I thought their parking was expensive. I may try the offsite parking next time.
This is pre-Avelo, haven't flown them, but if you live close enough to Tweed, Uber worked great for us. Lots cheaper than parking there.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don’t believe you can currently arrange an Uber or Lyft pickup at Tweed. Gotta use the local taxi service.
That has to be a change. Don’t see how it can be prevented. It’s a private car. If true, maybe from some spots a cab is still less than the parking fees.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That has to be a change. Don’t see how it can be prevented. It’s a private car. If true, maybe from some spots a cab is still less than the parking fees.

Since they apparently don’t have permission to operate there absent an agreement, I’d imagine that you can’t enter it as a pickup or drop off location. But I haven’t tried. I park there.

Reaction Score

Since they apparently don’t have permission to operate there absent an agreement, I’d imagine that you can’t enter it as a pickup or drop off location. But I haven’t tried. I park there.
Yup...

"Under the new fee structure, Lyft and Metro Taxi have agreed to pay up to $4 out of each Tweed fare to the airport. “Uber did not want to agree to those terms and we had to suspend the service,” he said."

Reaction Score
I've never been there, but it looks according to Google maps like one can walk a couple hundred feet to a public street and get picked up there.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I have heard good things. The throng of STOP TWEED EXPANSION yahoos go down easier than orcs as you approach the entry to the airport. They are passionate but any type of car can wipe out 6 to 12 easily.
i think that the lack of potato salad in ur diet is making u particularly grumpy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom