Lol so they finally signed. Daddy is shipping them off for:

A 1-year deal
In Lithuania
In a poorer division
On a failing organization
Playing in a 1700 seat gym
In a town of 10,000
Where nobody speaks English

From the ESPN article “The team has no general manager and doesn't practice regularly due to the poor financial situation.”

Instead of going to UCLA

Now that’s what an “alpha” (per Fartman’s designation) does with their kids.

This story surely ends well

Last edited:
Reaction Score

A 1-year deal
In Lithuania
In a poorer division
In a town of 10,000

Instead of going to UCLA

Now that’s what an “alpha” (per Fartman’s designation) does with their kids

Apparently the payscale is about $500 bucks a month. So they can each technically buy 1 pair of BBB shoes a month.

Reaction Score
Apparently the payscale is about $500 bucks a month. So they can each technically buy 1 pair of BBB shoes a month.
But wait, I was told ITT that this is a genius move to sign up for a team that wants to pay them big money for publicity (pretty dumb catch-22 thought if you think about it) and this family who don’t take anything seriously are gonna step in to a Euro-league team (where they don’t mess around) in Spain or something as brief launchpad to the NBA

The journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step or however it goes lmao at least Lavar can cash some 30 for 30 checks in a decade or so

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But wait, I was told ITT that this is a genius move to sign up for a team that wants to pay them big money for publicity (pretty dumb catch-22 thought if you think about it) and this family who don’t take anything seriously are gonna step in to a Euro-league team (where they don’t mess around) in Spain or something as brief launchpad to the NBA

The journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step or however it goes lmao at least Lavar can cash some 30 for 30 checks in a decade or so

There is a Lithuanian guy on r/NBA claiming to be from the same town. He says there is no nightlife, even movie theatres. There are a couple pizza places where people hang out and watch basketball. Not many minorities at all, but they do have some gypsies. Lol. Coach allegedly didn't speak English. Should turn out well.

Reaction Score
There is a Lithuanian guy on r/NBA claiming to be from the same town. He says there is no nightlife, even movie theatres. There are a couple pizza places where people hang out and watch basketball. Not many minorities at all, but they do have some gypsies. Lol. Coach allegedly didn't speak English. Should turn out well.
Lol google “Prienu”

Reaction Score

A 1-year deal
In Lithuania
In a poorer division
In a town of 10,000

From the ESPN article “The team has no general manager and doesn't practice regularly due to the poor financial situation.”

Instead of going to UCLA

Weren't you guys listening? Lavar said it wasn't about the money, it's about the boys playing together. Well, he got his wish!!

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score

A 1-year deal
In Lithuania
In a poorer division
In a town of 10,000

Instead of going to UCLA

Wow. There has to be something else to it. Maybe that town will be used for cheap labor and manufacturing for the Big Baller
Brand?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If I was either of those kids, I'd be seriously pissed. Seriously, getting the college experience taken away from you. Going from being a BMOC in LA, to some sh1tty little godforsaken town in Eastern Europe. Zero support. Not much coaching, facilities, or what have you.

The dream of having his sons "play on the same team" is freakin stupid. Just an excuse for LaVar to do stupid stuff.
And LaMelo's future might of just been cratered. All his hype will be gone.

I'm not even an LaVar hater. All of this just sounds so dumb.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If y'all want to check out how it goes y'all can watch their reality TV show. Season 2 premier got 7.9 million views on Facebook.

I know it seems crazy but this man is very calculated and has a lot of faith in himself and his family which is admirable. These kids are on a 1 year deal and he's about to show everyone the power of player's brands. The kids are going to bring in a lot of money into their organization while continuing to make money off of themselves. After the year is up it'll open the market for bigger teams if they do well. LaMelo has to be there for at least 2-3 years so he has time to let this situation develop.

Again Lavar is just showing everyone the power of a player's brand with this move. Just like Lebron goes to Cleveland and brings life into the city because of his name the Ball brothers are aiming to do the same. He wasn't going to let LiAngelo sit when he's building a brand for his FAMILY (not just himself) to eat with.

Reaction Score

A 1-year deal
In Lithuania
In a poorer division
In a town of 10,000

Instead of going to UCLA

Saw on reddit a fan of the team and inhabitant of the "city". Here is what he said:

-The coach doesn't speak any English.
-Absolutely no nightlife- no bars, restaurants, clubs, not even a movie theatre. poster said the entertainment is locals go to a small pizza shop and watch the basketball games.

This is like the 00's MTV show where Paris Hilton went to live on a farm in the sticks. Crazy stuff.

Reaction Score
Saw on reddit a fan of the team and inhabitant of the "city". Here is what he said:

-The coach doesn't speak any English.
-Absolutely no nightlife- no bars, restaurants, clubs, not even a movie theatre. poster said the entertainment is locals go to a small pizza shop and watch the basketball games.

This is like the 00's MTV show where Paris Hilton went to live on a farm in the sticks. Crazy stuff.
Also just heard that they have a 31 year old donor who pays to be on the roster and hang out; doesn’t even play

Gives you a sense of where that program is

Whole thing gets more and more ridiculous with each detail that comes out

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If y'all want to check out how it goes y'all can watch their reality TV show. Season 2 premier got 7.9 million views on Facebook.

I know it seems crazy but this man is very calculated and has a lot of faith in himself and his family which is admirable. These kids are on a 1 year deal and he's about to show everyone the power of player's brands. The kids are going to bring in a lot of money into their organization while continuing to make money off of themselves. After the year is up it'll open the market for bigger teams if they do well. LaMelo has to be there for at least 2-3 years so he has time to let this situation develop.

Again Lavar is just showing everyone the power of a player's brand with this move. Just like Lebron goes to Cleveland and brings life into the city because of his name the Ball brothers are aiming to do the same. He wasn't going to let LiAngelo sit when he's building a brand for his FAMILY (not just himself) to eat with.

This could be a good plot line for the reality show. If the goal is to become reality stars with staying power, sure, maybe this is a great idea. The move in and of itself is not going to be bringing money into this organization in Lithuania and this move doesn't seem like it will benefit the kids development, off the court at least. Have you seen the middle school gym that they play in?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It sounds like they are are going to get plenty of education.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

This all may be true, but you are effectively saying LaVar is using his kids as pure economic chess pieces. I guess if their only goal is to make money, this is one way to do it.

What he is NOT doing is:

1. Trying to have his kids become the best basketball players they can be. If he was, he'd play his kids against and with the highest level of competition as possible
2. Giving them a real college and developmental experience. Especially a kid like LiAngelo (never playing in the League). Who would do 4 years, and likely get a ton out of it, on and just as importantly, off the court.
3. Not offering (it appears) them a traditional education.

Reaction Score
This all may be true, but you are effectively saying LaVar is using his kids as pure economic chess pieces. I guess if their only goal is to make money, this is one way to do it.

What he is NOT doing is:

1. Trying to have his kids become the best basketball players they can be. If he was, he'd play his kids against and with the highest level of competition as possible
2. Giving them a real college and developmental experience. Especially a kid like LiAngelo (never playing in the League). Who would do 4 years, and likely get a ton out of it, on and just as importantly, off the court.
Honestly, just dying laughing at adjectives like “calculating” applied to this buffoon who has done little more than run his mouth and run away when he doesn’t get what he wants.

Can’t get what he wants in Vegas? Pulls his whole team. In the middle of a game.

Couldn’t control Melo in HS ball regarding his play and shot volume? Nah don’t send him to Florida at IMG or something, don’t send him to an academy, pull him out of high school and “home school” him.

Couldn’t control UCLA’s punishment for dickforbrains Gelo? Pull him out of college.

Then ship them off to the minor league in Lithuania. It was cute when he said he could beat MJ, even when he said Zo would be better than Steph. But now he is fairly obviously (to any objective observer) doing nothing but put his kids further and further behind. And he doesn’t even have the sack to live there over with them. People compare the Ball family to the Kardashians, but Lavar is basically Trump.

Seriously, you Lavar lovers, you are gonna need to delineate the “calculating” nature of Lavar’s actions for us; we really aren’t seeing it. And do better than call him a master troll. Explain this most recent calculation, and why money and fame suddenly seem to be out of the equation for said calculation

And then, what’s next when this new plan blows up in their face? Or better yet, instead of answering that question, describe how this move ends well. Explain the outcome you envision.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This won't end well.

Did LaVar agree to coach the team?

Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers are with her....Most likely the price of being married to Lavar....
Can’t imagine she could be any less than terrified at the idea of her 19 and 16 year old sons across the world from her in a tiny, crappy town in Lithuania.

Has nobody thought about mom in all this?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This could be a good plot line for the reality show. If the goal is to become reality stars with staying power, sure, maybe this is a great idea. The move in and of itself is not going to be bringing money into this organization in Lithuania and this move doesn't seem like it will benefit the kids development, off the court at least. Have you seen the middle school gym that they play in?
I have to say the move by itself will. It will bring 10x if not more viewers than they previously had to games whether it's the game itself or live stream.

Will this specific move help the kids development? That's a good question that I'm not sure of. It hasn't been done before but just because it hasn't doesn't mean it can't be done. LaMelo will be playing against grown men at a young age and LiAngelo is better suited getting a lot of PT here than sit at UCLA, come back to ride some more bench until getting playing time his junior and senior year so I'm not sure yet. They have to stay overseas (not necessarily that team) for at least 2-3 years.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

What he is NOT doing is:

I don't think he's using his kids purely like that (and if he was it shouldn't matter much because it's their money too).

The whole college arguement isn't valid to me either. The kids at UNC were taking fake classes their 4 years there, some of the best players in the NBA never played a college game. They don't need college to go to the league. May it be a better option? Possibly. But it's not necessary.

I would hear everything that most people had a concern about if they weren't already entrepreneurs themselves making money off the court. That's what you usually go to college to do. Lebron learned to be a fantastic businessman just fine without ever taking a college class.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Honestly, just dying laughing at adjectives like “calculating” applied to this buffoon who has done little more than run his mouth and run away when he doesn’t get what he wants.

Can’t get what he wants in Vegas? Pulls his whole team. In the middle of a game.

Couldn’t control Melo in HS ball regarding his play and shot volume? Nah don’t send him to Florida at IMG or something, don’t send him to an academy, pull him out of high school and “home school” him.

Couldn’t control UCLA’s punishment for dickforbrains Gelo? Pull him out of college.

Then ship them off to the minor league in Lithuania. It was cute when he said he could beat MJ, even when he said Zo would be better than Steph. But now he is fairly obviously (to any objective observer) doing nothing but put his kids further and further behind. And he doesn’t even have the sack to live there over with them. People compare the Ball family to the Kardashians, but Lavar is basically Trump.

Seriously, you Lavar lovers, you are gonna need to delineate the “calculating” nature of Lavar’s actions for us; we really aren’t seeing it. And do better than call him a master troll. Explain this most recent calculation, and why money and fame suddenly seem to be out of the equation for said calculation

And then, what’s next when this new plan blows up in their face? Or better yet, instead of answering that question, describe how this move ends well. Explain the outcome you envision.
Going overseas = brand growth, more PT for LiAngelo, grown men to play with for LaMelo, and they learn to be professionals. In the process as I've stated earlier they get to show their worth to other European clubs if this new team gets major money off of viewers and fans from his kids playing there. It's not as crazy as people think. It's just never been done before but a lot of stuff this family is doing has never been done before.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The whole college arguement isn't valid to me either. The kids at UNC were taking fake classes their 4 years there, some of the best players in the NBA never played a college game. They don't need college to go to the league. May it be a better option? Possibly. But it's not necessary.

The kids at UNC were done a disservice. Especially the ones who never went pro. That's where it matters most. They don't have basketball to fall back on.

You're using the best players as examples. LiAngelo might never be able to hack it in Euro pro ball, never mind the League. Kid needs things to fall back on to be his own man. I guess he can live off of the collective family money just fine; basically a silver spoon kid.

Who knows what LaMelo could be. Will depend on his frame, and more importantly on his on and off the court discipline and will to get better.

I would hear everything that most people had a concern about if they weren't already entrepreneurs themselves making money off the court. That's what you usually go to college to do. Lebron learned to be a fantastic businessman just fine without ever taking a college class.

How are they entrepreneurs? I mean, their dad has BBB, which could be an utter bust. They have a lot of insta followers I guess.

Lebron is not a useful comparison here tho. Guy was the best player in the world, and the most recognizable basketball star on the planet. Easy to be a good businessman in that scenario. Had 100s of millions to work with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom