OT: AO at the half | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: AO at the half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oriakhi was a cancer for the team last year, I'll always remember his great title game performance but his sulking and awful attitude last year leaves me with some bad memories of him. How can you say that Oriakhi wasn't a problem last year? He called Calhoun an idiot on twitter.

Reaction Score
Oriakhi was a cancer for the team last year, I'll always remember his great title game performance but his sulking and awful attitude last year leaves me with some bad memories of him. How can you say that Oriakhi wasn't a problem last year? He called Calhoun an idiot on twitter.

I'm not saying that he wasn't a problem, but it's ridiculous to insinuate that he was the only problem who completely derailed the season when there is literally no evidence to support that.

The whole team was a disaster last year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I wish both Roscoe and Alex well.

I get why Alex left - with one year left and no post-season, I'm probably gone, too. I tend to think Roscoe just flat out made a mistake, but time will tell there.

Neither guy is an NBA player, but if someone has to make it, I'd rather it be those two cats than two other kids.

Reaction Score
Saying that he fled and his family ripped the program is innuendo?

No. Saying that there was a big rift between Oriakhi and his teammates and Oriakhi and Calhoun is innuendo. Don't keep moving the argument.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am willing to referee this particular argument.

First, I am going to insist that both of you try to be entertaining. Not trying to write your posts for you, but I would lead with a personal insult - they don't do much for winning a debate, but it makes things far more amusing for those of us ringside.

Let's do this.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
And remember the first person to use the C word or compare the other to Hitler wins.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm trying to assemble a few of their shortcomings that the other can use as ammunition.

Now, I think CA has admitted to being short in the past, so there's that. If John would just be so kind as to provide CA with some cannon fodder we can get underway.

P.S. jleves...you remind me of Hitler's mom's c***.

P.P.S. What do I win?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
First off, I don't see how there was any difference. Secondly, you're comparing a senior with one year left to a junior. I'm not around the program a lot, so I'm not going to speculate on how they "acted".

Fair enough. You're a better person than I am about this and there is no sarcasm intended with my statement. My feeling is that the tweets which came from AO last season were honest ones and they indicated to me someone who had bad feelings towards his coach. Was it a momentary over reaction from a bad moment or did it run deeper and pollute the team?

I would guess that SN took AO's tweets personally. It appears he looked upon JC as a father figure. So when SN came out and took task with some of his team mates (and got criticism from people in this forum about it) it could have been over things AO said about JC. But we'll never know so your approach to take the high road is probably the more appropriate move.

I have sour grapes because JC's last season was a polluted season with the NCAA stuff, the team "underperforming", kids bailing on the program and all his health issues. I would have preferred JC's last season at UConn to have been better for him. So I'm letting my emotions play out in a public forum. Funny thing is my criticism of AO is really no different than AO criticizing JC.

You have thrown some cold water into my face young man.

Edit: After reading your previous post I'm hoping it wasn't pee!!!

Reaction Score
Fair enough. You're a better person than I am about this and there is no sarcasm intended with my statement. My feeling is that the tweets which came from AO last season were honest ones and they indicated to me someone who had bad feelings towards his coach. Was it a momentary over reaction from a bad moment or did it run deeper and pollute the team?

I would guess that SN took AO's tweets personally. It appears he looked upon JC as a father figure. So when SN came out and took task with some of his team mates (and got criticism from people in this forum about it) it could have been over things AO said about JC. But we'll never know so your approach to take the high road is probably the more appropriate move.

I have sour grapes because JC's last season was a polluted season with the NCAA stuff, the team "underperforming", kids bailing on the program and all his health issues. I would have preferred JC's last season at UConn to have been better for him. So I'm letting my emotions play out in a public forum. Funny thing is my criticism of AO is really no different than AO criticizing JC.

You have thrown some cold water into my face young man.

Edit: After reading your previous post I'm hoping it wasn't pee!!!

I wouldn't say that I'm a better person about it. I completely understand how people feel. I just have a hard time getting worked up about a guy from the outside when there doesn't seem to be anybody spewing venom at him from the inside.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
He didn't have 10 toes in. His constant complaining of lack of playing time was a sign he probably cared more about getting to the NBA than helping his team win.

Reaction Score
I wish both Roscoe and Alex well.

I get why Alex left - with one year left and no post-season, I'm probably gone, too. I tend to think Roscoe just flat out made a mistake, but time will tell there.

Neither guy is an NBA player, but if someone has to make it, I'd rather it be those two cats than two other kids.
Roscoe was thinking about transferring in Jan/Feb.

Reaction Score
johnhuskies - I'm probably more supportive of Alex as most, and I really want to root for him. He seems like a good kid, a hard worker, and of course, an instrumental part of the 2011 National Championship team. But he acted like a complete baby last season, and I don't see how you can argue otherwise. From complaining about playing time on twitter, to openly criticizing Calhoun, to pouting on the court, to talking back to Calhoun after getting pulled from games, and to basically quitting on the court at times (it's hard not to question his effort when he averages 5 rebounds a game last season and then rips down 15 today - something isn't adding up), he looked the part of a lockerroom cancer. I don't disagree with you that there were many other problems, but having that type of immaturity in the lockerrom sure doesn't help.

Reaction Score
How has the term "mumu" not been used all over this thread?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Alex will have a bad year, get depressed, and start pounding down the chocolate bars and burgers and get so fat that he has to wear a mumu

I'm aware that I didn't spell muumuu correctly, but just for the sake of the mumu request, we can suspend our grammar and spelling knowledge for a brief moment.

Reaction Score
We won a championship with both, so hard to be negative, but both players are tweeners in a sense. Neither has a game ready for the league, so wish them the best.

Nope. Roscoe left in a dignified manner. He didn't make his departure about the bb programs failings. Big difference between the way the two player acted while at UConn last season and the way they acted when they left the program.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I would guess that playing in the NBA has been the lifelong dream of both Alex and Roscoe. I don't see that in the cards for either, but Roscoe's only hope to play professionally at a high level would be at the 3 rather than the 4, i would think. He had DD and NG, as well as OC to some extent, to compete with here, as well as a coach who would primarily play him at the 4. If he believes he has a better shot at fulfilling his dream by going to UNLV, then good luck to him. The idea of loyalty to a team has to be balanced against his own career goals, and I would say that not many of us would weigh the interests of our company or school ahead of our long-term personal interests. For Alex, he got to go to a school with a shot at the tournament and a friend at PG. I doubt that he will suddenly get good hands or post moves in Missouri, but whatever. It was a perfect storm of screwed up circumstances that has led to the depletion of frontcourt players and our guys have to make the best of it. I'm tired of hearing about these guys and hope we can drop this topic soon.

Reaction Score
I think we are beating a dead horse here as well. If any player really wants to leave they should leave. It does not matter if they are immature or if their dad is a tool bag. If they feel they are better served somewhere else and that somewhere else is Missu or UNLV then they are not the sharpest sticks in the wicket- but that is not our problem anymore.

I wish them the best they gave us a few years of their life and we are better off for it. NEXT.

Reaction Score
I would guess that playing in the NBA has been the lifelong dream of both Alex and Roscoe. I don't see that in the cards for either, but Roscoe's only hope to play professionally at a high level would be at the 3 rather than the 4, i would think. He had DD and NG, as well as OC to some extent, to compete with here, as well as a coach who would primarily play him at the 4. If he believes he has a better shot at fulfilling his dream by going to UNLV, then good luck to him. The idea of loyalty to a team has to be balanced against his own career goals, and I would say that not many of us would weigh the interests of our company or school ahead of our long-term personal interests. For Alex, he got to go to a school with a shot at the tournament and a friend at PG. I doubt that he will suddenly get good hands or post moves in Missouri, but whatever. It was a perfect storm of screwed up circumstances that has led to the depletion of frontcourt players and our guys have to make the best of it. I'm tired of hearing about these guys and hope we can drop this topic soon.

I really liked Roscoe. He was all hustle. However his dream of playing NBA ball died when he didn't work on his handle and shot after his freshman year. As for AO he has no shot at the NBA but you can best believe his dad will blame Calhoun.

Reaction Score

Just by playing at the 4 spot doesn't mean you have to play like an inside player on the offensive end. If you show the perimeter and wing skills of a 3 the pro scouts will see that. DD was operating out on the perimeter and driving from there, he was also getting the opportunity to spot up from 3, I don't see this changing as the season goes on. The problem with Roscoe is that he doesn't have the same offensive skillset to do some of the things that DD can do on that end. Even when Roscoe played at the 4 here he was out on the perimeter, but due to how limited he was offensively he was mostly limited to spot up shot attempts or getting garbage inside. I'd imagine that probably led to some of his frustration as well, being recruited as a wing player but not really having any offense ran for you, but when you can't dribble, can't shoot, and have the basketball IQ of a grapenut those are the breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ry7

Top Bottom