OT... Any one watching the World Cup? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT... Any one watching the World Cup?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's bad enough when teams play for PK's. It would be worse if they played for infinite extra time.
So change the rules to allow more substitutions for OT's. Allow players in OT to be switched out so they can return. There are lots of ways to avoid dragging feet.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't think it's really soccer at all.
How can you even say that? PKs are part of soccer. KFTM are pretty much PKs (so much so people actually incorrectly call them PKs). So, yea, it is soccer. :confused:

Tossing a coin would be about as relevant - and shorter. Same as a FT shooting contest to decide a basketball game, or a home run derby in lieu of extra innings for baseball.
All of those things require much more skill than watching a coin being tossed. All of those things are part of the game they are associated with.

Right now, there is nothing worse in soccer than deciding who advances by KFTM.
Ummm, diving/simulation?????

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes. What I said is. Thank you.
bunk-the-wire.gif

Reaction Score
Been watching since Day 1. I just watch for the funny flops. Just see which team has that one player that takes flopping to Oscar worthy performance levels.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Croatia up 2-1 in the 108'. I think England did not take Croatia seriously enough. They have play makers.

Update. England loses 2-1. I would have loved a France England Final :(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching Croatia's winning celebration, didn't Manduzukic get substituted due injury? I believe he was the first one running on the field after the final whistle and even did a belly slide. :D

Reaction Score
those two first half chances England didn't take advantage of came back to bite them.........I doubt England didn't take Croatia seriously enough with Modric, Perisic etc, ...........Croatia just pressed England in the second half and took the game away........they deserved the win..........

Reaction Score
I'm sure France will be the favorites and I would expect they'll win but Croatia is really tough..............2-1 France

Reaction Score
The mood in London is somber tonight.

sorry you had to experience the agony of defeat rather then the thrill of victory...............still from what I've heard most of the locals interviewed seem pleased with the team's overall performance.........

Reaction Score
I thought that England was going to win this one. Not sure what happened. I believe England was ranked a few spots higher than Croatia but rankings do not matter much.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
sorry you had to experience the agony of defeat rather then the thrill of victory.....still from what I've heard most of the locals interviewed seem pleased with the team's overall performance....
Folks seemed content and proud. I think the team mostly met or exceeded expectations, yet there were frustrations about not scoring a couple more times in the first half.

Reaction Score
Folks seemed content and proud. I think the team mostly met or exceeded expectations, yet there were frustrations about not scoring a couple more times in the first half.

yes they definitely could have been up by two or three goals by halftime............

Reaction Score
How can you even say that? PKs are part of soccer. KFTM are pretty much PKs (so much so people actually incorrectly call them PKs). So, yea, it is soccer. :confused:

All of those things require much more skill than watching a coin being tossed. All of those things are part of the game they are associated with.

Ummm, diving/simulation?????

But all of those things are a VERY small part of the game, and have absolutely nothing to do with which is the better team.

As for KFTM vs simulation, I dislike them both about equally. And if FIFA wanted to get rid of both of them, it would be easy enough to do.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
But all of those things are a VERY small part of the game, and have absolutely nothing to do with which is the better team.
21 of the 161 goals scored at the WC have been PK's. 13%. That's more than a "VERY small part". You don't think a larger percentage of points are scored from HRs in baseball and FTs in basketball??

And "which team is better" doesn't always have to do with who wins or loses in soccer. Nor baseball or basketball either.

As for baseball and basketball, you don't think teams that hit more home runs and shoot more FTs/ or at a better %, are better teams??

As for KFTM vs simulation, I dislike them both about equally. And if FIFA wanted to get rid of both of them, it would be easy enough to do.
Really? Equally? KFTM which happen in a "VERY small" amount of games vs simulation which happens pretty much every game. But in your mind they are equal huh? If you could only get rid of one of them, you couldn't choose between the two? Be a pretty damn easy choice for me.

I kind of get the idea that you don't really watch much soccer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom