OT- Angel Hernandez | The Boneyard

OT- Angel Hernandez

Reaction Score
This guy has had 5 opportunities to make a call at first base tonight and he's gotten every single call wrong, this should be the last playoff game for Mr. Hernandez.

Reaction Score
Hernandez sued MLB because he said he wasn't getting enough post season assignments. But he was rated one of the worst umpires by MLB players and that probably had more to do with it. He's consistently been a bad ump. Hopefully if he's bad behind the plate tomorrow he's bad for both teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thats the reason why MLB needs instant replay and the ability for teams to challenge. I honestly cant believe it took so long for that to be officially part of the game. Those plays at first were close, but maybe some of these umpires get lazy knowing that teams can just challenge and the call can be reversed if initially called wrong.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Thats the reason why MLB needs instant replay and the ability for teams to challenge. I honestly cant believe it took so long for that to be officially part of the game. Those plays at first were close, but maybe some of these umpires get lazy knowing that teams can just challenge and the call can be reversed if initially called wrong.

My only complaint is they don’t have a red bat to throw onto the field to announce their challenge

Reaction Score
The good news is Angel is the least of the Yankee problems. They now need to figure out if Severino is the guy for next year and just a tired arm or do they need to look beyond to put together a staff again. He's been awful minus a game or 2 for 15 starts at least.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The good news is Angel is the least of the Yankee problems. They now need to figure out if Severino is the guy for next year and just a tired arm or do they need to look beyond to put together a staff again. He's been awful minus a game or 2 for 15 starts at least.

Agree with this. You knew from the first inning that it was going to be rough.

Reaction Score
He’s 24 and has the velocity but not the precise control yet. He also need to have a better out pitch. pedro will work with him in the offseason, but the Yanks knew they did not have lights out starting pitching this year. Good pitching beats sluggers in the playoffs usually. Not only do you need more aces but they have to be hot at the right time.

Reaction Score
Raise your hand if you’re excited for Angel behind home plate tonight
7A53F18B-FD6A-412D-AC25-D542927C13F2.gif

Reaction Score

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Could've had Gerrit Cole if you'd just have given us Gleyber.

polycom

Reaction Score
This is Larry trying to cover for Sevy, also Larry knows they were smoking the ball off of Sevy from basically the first pitch.

Sevy either couldn't find the strike zone or the ball was getting crushed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If we are going a bit off topic from Hernandez' horrible night to the game in general...............

As a Sox fan I fully support the Yankees if they stick a pitch in Holt's ribs tonight. Whatever that shimmy shake thing he was doing after his hits was annoying and seemed like showboating.

I'm a bit conflicted on the unwritten rule of going for a homer on your last at bat for the cycle when your team is up by double digits. Part of me says you go for history, part says you hit the 3-hopper to SS and take a seat. The unknown variable for me is Yanks were using a position player to pitch to him. Overall, I guess if the Yanks have conceded by using position players you go for history.

Darling noted two other gamesmanship events. I forget who it was but Sox were up by a bunch and one of the players on the Sox took a swing on a 3-0 count. Darling said that was uncool. Later in the game, Sox had a runner on 3rd and Yanks P threw a wild pitch the runner probably could have scored. Runner held at 3rd and Darling noted that is the right thing to do.

Reaction Score
Sevy either couldn't find the strike zone or the ball was getting crushed.

One leads to the other and vice versa.

Happens with all the young guys.. rather than concentrate more on spots, he throws harder to try and blow it past them. Andujar, Torres or Sanchez get behind in the count.. instead of shortening their swing and trying to just make solid contact, they guess and swing away

polycom

Reaction Score

Happens with all the young guys.. rather than concentrate more on spots, he throws harder to try and blow it past them. Andujar, Torres or Sanchez get behind in the count.. instead of shortening their swing and trying to just make solid contact, they guess and swing away

Agree with that on hitters as well.

the Q

Reaction Score

MLb hitters gusss.

You cannot be sitting on 95 and fall back to 73 consistently.

You can tell when guys guess when they are taking those fat 2 strike fastballs on the plate. Manny used to do it all the time.

the Q

Reaction Score
If we are going a bit off topic from Hernandez' horrible night to the game in general.....

As a Sox fan I fully support the Yankees if they stick a pitch in Holt's ribs tonight. Whatever that shimmy shake thing he was doing after his hits was annoying and seemed like showboating.

I'm a bit conflicted on the unwritten rule of going for a homer on your last at bat for the cycle when your team is up by double digits. Part of me says you go for history, part says you hit the 3-hopper to SS and take a seat. The unknown variable for me is Yanks were using a position player to pitch to him. Overall, I guess if the Yanks have conceded by using position players you go for history.

Darling noted two other gamesmanship events. I forget who it was but Sox were up by a bunch and one of the players on the Sox took a swing on a 3-0 count. Darling said that was uncool. Later in the game, Sox had a runner on 3rd and Yanks P threw a wild pitch the runner probably could have scored. Runner held at 3rd and Darling noted that is the right thing to do.

Yeah you lose the right to complain about the homer when you throw a position player.

Those other ones are unwritten rules. But frankly, it’s the playoffs.

Regular season? Sure. Playoffs, and with that Sox pen? No lead us safe

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
As a Sox fan I fully support the Yankees if they stick a pitch in Holt's ribs tonight. Whatever that shimmy shake thing he was doing after his hits was annoying and seemed like showboating. .

Mookie, Xander, etc .. they have been doing the shimmy shake after extra base hits for a while now. Its nothing new.

the Q

Reaction Score
If we are going a bit off topic from Hernandez' horrible night to the game in general.....

It’s a little ironic that darling goes off now, right after that new mlb commercial w/ girffey saying let the kids act like children.

Reaction Score
He also need to have a better out pitch. pedro will work with him in the offseason, but the Yanks knew they did not have lights out starting pitching this year.
I would not count on Pedro working with him in the offseason. He did this before the Sox hired him as a special assistant to the GM. He's caught some flak for helping Severino and there's no way he can do that now that he's being paid by the Sox in a front office capacity. Just no way that is going to fly.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My only complaint is they don’t have a red bat to throw onto the field to announce their challenge

This would be awesome, even if it's a little rubber/gel number (no dildo joke).

Especially if they whipped it right out at the ump.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom