OT: Alabama/Auburn Football | The Boneyard

OT: Alabama/Auburn Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've seen that play happen before a couple times.

One weird thing is that one of the pursuers was tackled by a coach on the white out of bounds band. You could call a penalty on a coach there.

Reaction Score
Alabama Nova.jpg

Reaction Score
Boy, what gets lost in this is that a powerhouse like Alabama doesn't have a reliable kicker because they had multiple opportunities to put this away. Anyway we have a 2 game winning streak and we're on the upswing, SEC?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Half the Alabama crowd was wondering why the guy was running with the ball.

Reaction Score
the punt return unit must have been on the field for auburn, the big guys formed a wedge, I dont think D linemen would have to instinct to block like that, not sure, but it was a great ending.

Reaction Score
Half the Alabama crowd was wondering why the guy was running with the ball.
Watching the replay more than half the Bama players who were on the field were also standing around wondering the same thing. :)

Reaction Score
Yes, still the most amazing finish due to band being on field and player running between band. Amazing that play was considered live in that sense.

Other than that, the Flutie throw maybe the best finish I can recall.

No kidding, you were there??

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
One of my favorite calls of all time. Button up play by play guy loses it. And it's not like today where they are so conscious of being excited and doing it so it sounds 'memorable'. You can hear some other guy in the booth losing it too.
Joe Starkey is the best. Still does 49er games.

Reaction Score
Amazing end to a great game. I'm referring to the shot of Katherine Webb, of course. :)

I almost never watch college football, but I have a neighbor who is a big 'Bama fan and has become obnoxious (Is that redundant?), so I secretly cheer for the opposition. I started watching just before halftime as I was doing some work.

Couple of things, about that play -Bama pulled their regular kicker and put in a freshman. When he kicked it, it looked like it had a chance, the kick wasn't that far off. A make, would have also produced a good storyline.

Also, Alabama beat Auburn 49-0, the last time they played, so a win in itself would have been a great ending.

Reaction Score
Read in SI that Webb, an Auburn grad, was actually very nervous about attending the game at Auburn due to the fact she was cheering for her boy..........as we know they take that game pretty serious down there.

Reaction Score
the punt return unit must have been on the field for auburn, the big guys formed a wedge, I dont think D linemen would have to instinct to block like that, not sure, but it was a great ending.
That's where the Aubrn coach won it. He put in a return guy just in case, brilliant!

Reaction Score
He certainly showed why he can't coach anything more than college. He runs a great college system and virtually has 5 * players at every position.

Malzhan is a very good college offensive mind. He runs a lot of gimmicky calls and schemes that work well at that level.

I personally hope FSU and OSU win decisively this weekend and we aren't forced to see a SEC team again in Champ game.

Nick Saban's arrogance lost that game, the loss is 100% on him.
O

Reaction Score
How's that an insult? He can't coach in NFL and proved it. His play calling and decisions were awful yesterday.

No idea on JC, look @ Cal in NBA. Do you think he'd be successful there if he tried it again??

A total comment. How many championships has he won? Would you criticize JC for only being a college coach where he would potentially suck as a pro coach?
As usual northeast football fans know nothing about college football.

Reaction Score
I think Saban and Calhoun are both built for the college game. Grown men don't buy into the disciplinarian schtick as easily.

Reaction Score
Incidentally, yesterday notwithstanding, Saban runs college football. Teams lose every now and again, but he's built a monster in Tuscaloosa that every other program in the country wants to be like.

Reaction Score
Saban had 27-0 lead on Auburn a couple years back and lost and 21-7 yesterday and then made awful calls late.

When he has a month to prepare he beats everyone, but in game coaching doesn't seem like his strength.

I think Saban and Calhoun are both built for the college game. Grown men don't buy into the disciplinarian schtick as easily.

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:

NBA and NFL are apples and oranges as well. Football is a coach-dominated sport - each individual play is scripted by the coaching staff. Basketball is far more player-dominated. There's no way an NFL player takes an immediate coaching job like Jason Kidd did (or a Marc Jackson/Doc Rivers becoming one out of the TV booth without coaching before).

Reaction Score
husky91 said:
Saban had 27-0 lead on Auburn a couple years back and lost and 21-7 yesterday and then made awful calls late. When he has a month to prepare he beats everyone, but in game coaching doesn't seem like his strength.

You're talking about the guy who was going for his third straight national championship, right? Just so we're clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom