OT: Abbey Wambach sucker punched! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Abbey Wambach sucker punched!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
upon looking further at the video, i must correct myself. i still think it's a good move by wambach, but a referee on the spot probably would have to call her for impeding andrade, and give colombia an indirect. it just seems clear to me that abby moved into andrade's path. an indirect is not dangerous at that point on the field, therefore, abby's move to impede andrade makes good sense. and is pretty common in the game.
i don't think that the video is clear enough for you to say that she didn't raise her elbow, but that's not important anyway.

No offense, but it's clear you know nothing about soccer at all. I reffed for years and have been around the game most of my life, and you will never see a situation that is less like impeding than this one.

Reaction Score
Not in this situation they wouldn't. One doesn't have to know a lot about soccer to know that.

Correct. Very obvious that it is not impeding on Wambach. I have read hundreds of posts by expererienced referees on various websites about this play over the past five days. Not one referee brought up even the slightest possibility that Wambach was guilty of anything. If they had, they would have been laughed off the site.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Correct. Very obvious that it is not impeding on Wambach. I have read hundreds of posts by expererienced referees on various websites about this play over the past five days. Not one referee brought up even the slightest possibility that Wambach was guilty of anything. If they had, they would have been laughed off the site.
Was BigSoccer ref board one of them? I check in there quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom