OSU President Gee's comments about UL... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OSU President Gee's comments about UL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're 1/3. The ACC didn't want another Boston College, which UConn surely would've become had they been added. Basketball is clearly headed on a downward trajectory. Football is a joke. At least you can get a good degree at UConn. You've got that much going for you.
Basketball downward? Not in your lifetime. Football a joke? Beat you at your house in your biggest year to date. You're the only joke around here.

U

UConn9604

You're 1/3. The ACC didn't want another Boston College, which UConn surely would've become had they been added. Basketball is clearly headed on a downward trajectory. Football is a joke. At least you can get a good degree at UConn. You've got that much going for you.

I don't have time to read through all seven pages of this -- but I guess my main question is, how is Teddy Bridgewater feeling these days?

I mean, a couple of linebackers on a joke 5-7 team absolutely beat him senseless. Talk about triskaphobia -- some of these had to hurt:

http://www.trbimg.com/img-512bbdb2/turbine/hc-pictures-huskies-in-the-nfl-0427-008/600/600x465

http://www.trbimg.com/img-50b8004a/...cc-snub-life-goes-on-20121129-001/600/600x400

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Teddy+Bridgewater+Connecticut+v+Louisville+Oih5MI7yYSGx.jpg

Reaction Score

Aren't you just a little premature with your predictions? Basketball on a downward trajectory? How so? We just performed above our expectations with our new young HC with nothing to play for. He just landed a stud player as one of his first recruits. If anything, outlook for our basketball is extremely positive. UCONN will still be UCONN.

Football is a joke? If we are a joke, UL must be a joke as well since UCONN is 4-4 against UL during our time together.

Also, money in athletics is peanuts comparing to academic investments. State of CT senate just approved $1.5B investment into UCONN. That's a lot more money than a TV deal. UL might hand out diplomas on toilet papers while paying their coaches pro salaries, UCONN is investing where we should be in academics. It just shows different priorities and differences between both schools.

Reaction Score
Yep. It was pretty miserable. This is what I've been saying to you. It is beyond pathetic though that your best season ever includes a home loss to a miserable team, and a solid thumping from one of the laughingstocks of college football (Cuse) a team UConn has dominated. This shows that your so-called football hype is full of hot air.
I wonder if Florida felt the same way after the Sugar Bowl.

In reality, it was probably a good thing we lost to you guys and Syracuse. Had we finished 12-0 the players would've gone into the Sugar Bowl thinking they were invincible. Instead, they played with a chip on their shoulder when the whole world was telling them they had no shot to win. I'd have much rather lost to UConn instead of Rutgers or Cincinnati because in actuality that game had no bearing on the outcome of the season. We win, we go to the Sugar Bowl. We lose, we go to the Sugar Bowl. You win, you don't go bowling. You lose, you don't go bowling.

So go hang a banner so you can remember the greatest victory in your prestigious 5-7 season.

Reaction Score
Also, money in athletics is peanuts comparing to academic investments. State of CT senate just approved $1.5B investment into UCONN. That's a lot more money than a TV deal. UL might hand out diplomas on toilet papers while paying their coaches pro salaries, UCONN is investing where we should be in academics. It just shows different priorities and differences between both schools.

All that and you still lose out to a tiny commuter school in Kentucky. Just goes to show you how the ACC feels about your institution, with all that money coming in it doesn't mean squat because they want nothing to do with you.

Congrats on your illustrious achievements, as I mentioned before I'm sure the rest of the AAC will be chasing your accomplishments until the end of time, because you guys are going to be there for a long while. You guys excited for future rivalry games against SMU and ECU? How about that cross country trip to Tulsa?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
All that and you still lose out to a tiny commuter school in Kentucky. Just goes to show you how the ACC feels about your institution, with all that money coming in it doesn't mean squat because they want nothing to do with you.

All it does is prove, once again, that the ACC is run by idiots. They took the nineteenth biggest athletics story in Boston and its been a complete disaster. They thought they'd get a bigger contract from ESPN and it was still wildly below what the really big time conferences make. Now they get to have ND screw them the same way they screwed the Big East for fifteen years, under a completely false hope that someday they will be full ACC members.

Hey, how's that network coming along? Should really be hopping once it comes online in 2028.

Morons.

Reaction Score

Congrats on your illustrious achievements, as I mentioned before I'm sure the rest of the AAC will be chasing your accomplishments until the end of time, because you guys are going to be there for a long while. You guys excited for future rivalry games against SMU and ECU? How about that cross country trip to Tulsa?

You must be real dense and have reading comprehension issues. What part about ACC adding you guys out of desperation do you not get? At least now FSU can feel good about itself academically now that you guys are in the ACC. ACC isn't about strategy or long term. ACC is about survival and reaction. You might think GOR will protect the ACC long term, but it won't. ACC will still be vulnerable once SEC and B1G are ready to do something.

UCONN will end up somewhere sooner or later. If you think a school like UCONN would be left out while a second rated glorified commuter school will have a permanent place, you really don't understand how things work in the real world. It might take us sometime, but we will end up somewhere. Flagship state universities are worth about 1000x more than second-rated state schools and average overpriced private schools, which is what ACC is made up of outside UNC and UVA.

Reaction Score
All it does is prove, once again, that the ACC is run by idiots. They took the nineteenth biggest athletics story in Boston and its been a complete disaster. They thought they'd get a bigger contract from ESPN and it was still wildly below what the really big time conferences make. Now they get to have ND screw them the same way they screwed the Big East for fifteen years, under a completely false hope that someday they will be full ACC members.

Hey, how's that network coming along? Should really be hopping once it comes online in 2028.

Morons.

19th in Boston? Are you including rodeo?

Reaction Score
I wonder if Florida felt the same way after the Sugar Bowl.

In reality, it was probably a good thing we lost to you guys and Syracuse. Had we finished 12-0 the players would've gone into the Sugar Bowl thinking they were invincible. Instead, they played with a chip on their shoulder when the whole world was telling them they had no shot to win. I'd have much rather lost to UConn instead of Rutgers or Cincinnati because in actuality that game had no bearing on the outcome of the season. We win, we go to the Sugar Bowl. We lose, we go to the Sugar Bowl. You win, you don't go bowling. You lose, you don't go bowling.

So go hang a banner so you can remember the greatest victory in your prestigious 5-7 season.

Beating Louisville is really no big thing.

Reaction Score
Except when it really mattered...;)

Uh, and when was tht? What the heck are you talking about?

The only big game against Ville that I can remember is the 2011 BEC. Who won that?

Reaction Score
Uh, and when was tht? What the heck are you talking about?

The only big game against Ville that I can remember is the 2011 BEC. Who won that?

Umm, when it came to getting into the ACC. You really are almost too stupid to argue with...

Now, go find a taxi...

Reaction Score
You're right, it's almost as ridiculous as suggesting academics play a major part in conference realignment.
I think academics are playing a role. However, in the case of the ACC, the priorities were flipped out of neccessity.
It's clear, WVU was overlooked by the ACC for academic shortcomings.
For a conference that can be selective, academics can and are playing a role.

Reaction Score
Did Pitino have any more talent than Ollie last year? We had one lottery pick (Dieng) an early second rounder (Smith) and a late second rounder (Behanan). That's the difference between a good coach and a great coach, when you can win a title without overloads of future NBA players.

Strong had a record 0 players drafted from the Sugar Bowl team, the first time a school won a BCS bowl and didn't send anybody to the NFL. That shows how much young talent we've got, and how well coached they are.
I think the difference between Ollie and Pitino was that Pitino wasn't suspended from the post season.
Uconn was a very good team on a down year.

Reaction Score
Umm, when it came to getting into the ACC. You really are almost too stupid to argue with...

Now, go find a taxi...

My main problem is I'm talking to an insane person off his meds.

Reaction Score
My main problem is I'm talking to an insane person off his meds.

Actually, your main problem is that you're a d!ckhead who is so butt hurt about the whole ACC thing, you can't see straight. Either that, or too much free time. 8600 + posts in under two years? Seems a bit excessive...

Reaction Score
Actually, your main problem is that you're a d!ckhead who is so butt hurt about the whole ACC thing, you can't see straight. Either that, or too much free time. 8600 + posts in under two years? Seems a bit excessive...

I'm not on other people's boards crying about their experience of my podunk town.

Reaction Score

And yet you choose to take an interest in Uconn.
Hmmmmm.

Reaction Score
You must be real dense and have reading comprehension issues. What part about ACC adding you guys out of desperation do you not get? At least now FSU can feel good about itself academically now that you guys are in the ACC. ACC isn't about strategy or long term. ACC is about survival and reaction. You might think GOR will protect the ACC long term, but it won't. ACC will still be vulnerable once SEC and B1G are ready to do something.

UCONN will end up somewhere sooner or later. If you think a school like UCONN would be left out while a second rated glorified commuter school will have a permanent place, you really don't understand how things work in the real world. It might take us sometime, but we will end up somewhere. Flagship state universities are worth about 1000x more than second-rated state schools and average overpriced private schools, which is what ACC is made up of outside UNC and UVA.
All I know is right now Louisville is sitting pretty with brand new national championship and BCS bowl trophies, and that's not even the best part. 2014 is when the fun really starts with yearly games against FSU and Clemson, and a rotating home and home against Notre Dame every three years. All the while UConn fans everywhere are sweating it out, wondering if their school will be left in the rain, and your already less than stellar attendance dwindles when your October and November schedule consists of Tulsa, Tulane, Memphis, Houston, UCF, and SMU on weekday nights.

If the rumors of the power 5 schools splitting and forming a new division are true, I'd be extremely worried if I was a UConn fan. Being left without a chair when the music stops is a very real possibility.

Reaction Score

Morons.
Are you really criticizing the ACC's TV deal? Even if it isn't as much as they would've liked, it's still about ten times better than what the AAC will be bringing home. The ACC saw the tactical error they made by adding a northeastern school with crappy football and vowed not to make the same mistake twice. Can you really blame them? UConn simply doesn't have what it takes, that's all that needs to be said.

Reaction Score
I think the difference between Ollie and Pitino was that Pitino wasn't suspended from the post season.
Uconn was a very good team on a down year.
Barring a run in the BET, you guys were a borderline NCAA Tournament team. A decent SOS is nice (every Big East team had one), but a losing record against top 50 teams doesn't impress the committee.

Reaction Score
All I know is right now Louisville is sitting pretty with brand new national championship and BCS bowl trophies, and that's not even the best part. 2014 is when the fun really starts with yearly games against FSU and Clemson, and a rotating home and home against Notre Dame every three years. All the while UConn fans everywhere are sweating it out, wondering if their school will be left in the rain, and your already less than stellar attendance dwindles when your October and November schedule consists of Tulsa, Tulane, Memphis, Houston, UCF, and SMU on weekday nights.

If the rumors of the power 5 schools splitting and forming a new division are true, I'd be extremely worried if I was a UConn fan. Being left without a chair when the music stops is a very real possibility.

You know what? ACC is about the only thing you got going for you right now. It is funny you make fun of those AAC schools since they were your conference mates at one time. AAC is merely a temporary spot for us. I am pretty confident we will end up somewhere soon enough.

At end of the day, we still got a degree from UCONN while you got one from UL. That's something you can't change for rest of your life no matter which conferences our schools belong to.

BTW, beating UL in football is no big deal. We expect to take UL every time we step onto the field. There is absolutely nothing special about your FB program or your school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom