OSU President Gee's comments about UL... | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OSU President Gee's comments about UL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh I definitely believe in good in bad things. But it doesn't matter whether Louisville is a fantastic tourist destination, because not very many colleges are in such places, including the one we root for. I spent three days in downtown Cincinnati once for work once and it made Hartford seem lively. It's a people in glass houses argument to trash Louisville for having an entertainment district in a strip mall, when Storrs doesn't really have one at all. You mentioned taxis, when was the last time you saw a freaking taxi in Storrs? There's your common sense. Me, I hate taxis. The only city I enjoy that uses them heavily is Las Vegas (in Boston and Chicago I take the trains or walk). By your criteria, Tulane is the be all, end all of CR and should have been everyone's first addition. Great academics and great nightlife, complete with taxis and no strip malls near campus.

The ACC swallowed its pride and choked down Louisville, which I'm sure it found unpalateable in many ways. The OSU Pres comes out and points that out, saying, essentially, there's no way we're ever going to be that desperate. That's all that needs to be said. Louisville was not then and is not now, up to ACC standards, and certainly not B1G standards. The ACC took them despite it, and that's what sticks in our craw. We got passed over for a homely girl with lots of makeup, fake and a tramp stamp. The ACC was beer-goggling out of its mind at the time.

Whether UConn is in Storrs or Ville is in Ville is irrelevant to a discussion about the city of Louisville. The fact is, I was only in Ville because of the university--where I actually have friends! That's quite apart from the city. And nowhere did I trash the town other than to say I think strip malls are hideous and cheesy. A taxi in Storrs? What are you talking about? Louisville is a city. Not a small bucolic college town. Heck, I can count on two hands the number of times I've been to Storrs (3 times for rugby games, 7 times for basketball games, never for any other reason). Taxis? Yes, taxis are good when you've had a few too many drinks and you want to get back to your hotel. They are good. I don't know what you do in such a situation, but I take a taxi. Check that, if I'm in a city, and not in the outskirts at a strip mall, I walk. The fact that you wrote you walk or take a train/subway when you're in a city speaks volumes about this particular problem with Louisville. There is no train, Bardstown Rd. is miles from downtown and not close to the university either! Maybe you prefer the bus? At 2 or 3 am?

The rest of what you wrote is irrelevant to my relatively harmless comments about the town, where I spent time in good bars, listening to Jazz.

Reaction Score
I was scanning too quickly and saw it's in a town called Lexington. What could I care about Kentucky? No one else cares except when it comes to the Kentucky Derby.

I guess that means colleges in Kentucky suck. Cool.

Colleges in Kentucky suck because you're too dim to know the difference between Lexington, Kentucky and Lexington, Virginia?

What could I care about you? I mean, no one else cares except when it comes to, well nothing.

I'm saying no one cares.

About you.

Because you're stupid...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn athletics.

(am I really the first person to use that here? Should have been done around 8 pages ago)

Reaction Score
I think BobbyP's lover boy has overstated his welcome.

O-ver-state (O-ver-sta-ted, O-ver-sta-ting)
To state in exaggerated terms.

Ex. WestCoastHusky's claim of intelligence is overstated.

o·ver·stay (o·ver·stayed, o·ver·stay·ing, o·ver·stays)
To stay beyond the set limits or expected duration of; outstay:

Ex. Yukon's time in the AAC will be overstayed.

You're welcome...

Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn athletics.

(am I really the first person to use that here? Should have been done around 8 pages ago)

It's a pity that you can't apply that (hackneyed) phrase to the ACC...

Reaction Score
Maybe you should spend your free time learning how to kiss a girl instead of posting on a UConn site.

Reaction Score
Colleges in Kentucky suck because you're too dim to know the difference between Lexington, Kentucky and Lexington, Virginia?

What could I care about you? I mean, no one else cares except when it comes to, well nothing.

I'm saying no one cares.

About you.

Because you're stupid...
You obviously cared to write quite a bit. I said I scanned quickly and I scanned super quickly. I have better things to do. Centre College didn't teach you to read? Stupid.

Thank you for your interest in UConn athletics. And have fun living in a state most don't care about.

Reaction Score
You obviously cared to write quite a bit. I said I scanned quickly and I scanned super quickly. I have better things to do. Centre College didn't teach you to read? Stupid.

Thank you for your interest in UConn athletics. And have fun living in a state most don't care about.

What can you expect from a school that can't spell the word "Center" correctly?

Reaction Score

Well, which is it? Did you scan quickly or, super quickly? I'm going to guess quickly, as I don't see the word "super" being associated with anything about you.

Saying that you have "better things to do" as an excuse for your f^ckup, is sad. It's not a lack of time that tripped you up - its a lack of smarts.

Reaction Score
What can you expect from a school that can't spell the word "Center" correctly?

Your responses are growing more feeble by the second. By the time you reach 10,000 posts (probably this week - give or take a day), they will contain little more than punctuation...

Reaction Score
Well, which is it? Did you scan quickly or, super quickly? I'm going to guess quickly, as I don't see the word "super" being associated with anything about you.

Saying that you have "better things to do" as an excuse for your f^ckup, is sad. It's not a lack of time that tripped you up - its a lack of smarts.
Go play with your Bobby Petrino action figure.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Your responses are growing more feeble by the second. By the time you reach 10,000 posts (probably this week - give or take a day), they will contain little more than punctuation...

again you mock him for his number of posts, but you've posted on this thread about 30 times. you need to find better insults.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I have one person who I ignore on the board (Observer). Looks like I now have 2. I can take stupidity only so much, and to be honest this thread is full of stupid statements and not all are from BobbyP....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom