OSU edges ND | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OSU edges ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OSU shot 60% and 42% from 3 while ND shot 35% and OSU outrebounded ND 43-24 and somehow the MoV was only 5 points?!?! Obviously the turnovers were killing OSU since they dominated every other aspect of the game.

This is March madness!

Reaction Score
So... how could N.D. not possibly have missed the NOSE RING issue!
I check this out on the INTERNET and found this: a Sporting News article
posted 29 minutes ago. The title is HANNAH HILDALGO NOSE RING.
The writer references NCAA rule 1 Section 25 article 7 ( it speaks to
the issue of jewelry ) and Rule 2 Section 5 Article 1 . The writer reports that Hildalgo wore
the nose " diamond stud" all season. It was illegal all year.. but the
RULE 2 also states that the refs are to " inspect and approve all players
uniforms." Apparently from the article published today, NOTRE DAME's H.C.
N. Ivey was " warned" that this might be enforced. But the article
reports that she was still " surprised" at the incident. Hannah was OUT
of the game from the beginning of the second quarter until 5:51 on the
clock = four minutes and nine seconds. TALK ABOUT THE LUCK OF THE IRISH!!
As they say in STORRS: " What would CD say? . UCONN's Associate H.C. CD does not the rule
book to monitor her players! GO UCONN beat DUKE!

Reaction Score
the issue of jewelry ) and Rule 2 Section 5 Article 1 . The writer reports that Hildalgo wore
As they say in STORRS: " What would CD say? . UCONN's Associate H.C. CD does not the rule
I have no sympathy for ND, but I question the refs lettering her play a quarter with the nose ring. Why did the refs let her play a quarter before they decided to inspect and then not approve her? They should have had her remove it before tip off.

Reaction Score
For those interested see also USA TODAY (on line) by Nancy Armour and
for the NOTRE DAME viewpoint the FIGHTING IRISH WIRE.. Somehow
I sense N.D. and Hannah see the issue in a different light than some of us.
My understanding, from today's reading,
is that all teams were informed that "rules" would be enforced (?) when
the SWEET SIXTEEN began!!!??. Read the FIGHTING IRISH WIRE for N.D.'s
point of view and HANNAH's comments.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, what if Hidalgo plays those extra 4 minutes? The way she shot today, that's probably 3 or 4 more missed shots. Maybe she forces a turnover or two. It's not like OSU ran away while she was out, or ND dominated when she was able to return. The biggest lead for OSU was 10 early in Q3, while she was on the floor.

Reaction Score
I have no sympathy for ND, but I question the refs lettering her play a quarter with the nose ring. Why did the refs let her play a quarter before they decided to inspect and then not approve her? They should have had her remove it before tip off.
See the articles where I refer to this: # 32 above. Apparently, Hannah asked if
she could "cover up" the jewelry and one of the REFS said "ok". It became
"NOT OK" at the end of the FIRST QUARTER. So, problems with the N.D.
organization, problems with enforcing rules during the season, and problems
with saying " OK " and then " take the jewelry out ". I assume that there is more
to come.

Reaction Score
If H had the nose ring all year, why didn't we call her on it. Or is it on the refs to call it. What exactly is the rule she violated. You can have the long hair like Edwards, but not a little nose ring. Seems odd. can they wear pierced ears. Seems bad if that may have cost ND the game.

Reaction Score
the rule also says no headwear. So that Edwards has to be careful. And Paopao had headgear today against Indiana, no call on her. 'another SC player had some kind of headwear also. Is a facemask "headgear" also. Is there an exception for medically necessary, like we were mentioning some other teams player who wore a lacrosse helmet to protect from concussion?

Reaction Score
Hannah claimed that one ref told her before the game that the nose ring was allowed. But another ref stopped the game & forced her to remove it.
Not sure who approved it & who had it removed. But good old Joe Vaszily was one of the refs! :(

Reaction Score
Oregon State played horrible anyways when Hannah was out with the nose ring issue. I really think that had close to no impact on the game. I understand it hasn’t been an issue all season but players know from when they start playing in middle school you’re not allowed to have jewelry in. This isn’t a new rule. Sure a lot of times you can get away with it, especially with some tape. But this has always been a rule….

Why is the main headline about a nose ring every player knows you’re not supposed to have?? ND was in it the whole game…they could have won, too bad the nose ring caused them to lose though. HH said next season she’ll continue to wear it during games.

Reaction Score
Likely they didn’t notice it at first.

Reaction Score
Oregon State was much better than I expected. ND played well with only six athletes ready. Hidalgo had a bad day ( first all year I imagine ). But give credit to defense as well.
Hidalgo had a superb November, but since Thanksgiving she's shot under 30% for a game as often as over 50% (five each). In her five bad games, ND has lost twice, won two close games (1 in OT), and won one blowout.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, here’s the nose ring in question. It’s not a hoop or something that could get pulled out, injuring her, but a tiny piece of jewelry. I’m not seeing an issue with it, TBH

752E8CAD-9F67-4F41-B58B-721B41D7804B.jpeg

Reaction Score
So, here’s the nose ring in question. It’s not a hoop or something that could get pulled out, injuring her, but a tiny piece of jewelry. I’m not seeing an issue with it, TBH

View attachment 98475
It’s always been a rule. I don’t necessarily see a problem with it either. But as an athlete you know as soon you start playing in grade school (especially as a female) in any sport you can’t have jewelry. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don’t.

Reaction Score
Officials forced Hidalgo to leave the game and remove her nose ring. Apparently she’s had it all year but suddenly it’s a violation. I don’t know how painful that is but she looked uncomfortable when back in the game. It was just a stud can’t imagine why it was a big deal but if I was ND I would be pissed.

Reaction Score
Can't stand ND but it's clear that ND got ripped off today. She openly wore it the first 2 games of the tournament. If they suddenly want to enforce this rule then let her know before the game so she can get it taken out without disrupting her team.

Reaction Score
You know Oregon St. was good before Oregon was, right? They got to a Final 4 before Ionescu ever stepped on campus. Met UConn in the semis.
was it under the same coach?

Reaction Score
Apparently, some coaches have the players cover the nose jewelry with a bandaid. ( I think Coach Yo said this.) So happy ND is out.

Also can’t listen to the announcers and studio talent on Stanford game. They are so biased. Go State!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom