Oriakhi just may be.... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi just may be....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There are a few traits, physical and mental, working to Alex's detriment:

- Stone hands; his hands aren't good enough to snatch the ball out of the air at its highest point, which leads to him having to catch/cradle it against his body on rebounds -- this contributed to him getting tied up on that one play, also hurts his offense, getting stripped or unable to secure passes in traffic

- His documented relatively weak lower body; he doesn't get great power into his jump, which prevents him from going as strongly to the rim as we'd like to see out of a big man, and may also hinder his rebounding

- Modest BB IQ; he ends up out of position (e.g. rebounds falling to guys right behind or beside him, getting turned around/sideways on defense) which leads to easy and-1's, still makes some boneheaded shot-block attempts which result either in goaltending or in vacating the weak side for an offensive rebound

- Tendency to get frustrated and down on himself due to the above factors

I wouldn't characterize any of these things as being "soft" or unwilling to mix it up. He's a great kid and the sort of person you want to root for, but can be frustrating as a fan or teammate (we've all played with guys like this).
I think this is a pretty accurate list. Nice job.

Reaction Score
the softest Big Man i've seen in awhile. Don't get me wrong I hate bagging on college kids, let alone one of my beloved huskies, but enough is enough Alex! Grow a pair, and start taking names and kicking ass, i know he can do it (Texas last year) but he seriously got b!tched by that Abrams guy on Arkansas all day today. thank god he doesnt play football cause the only posistion i could see him play is punter.

PS- Boatright is just siiiiiick, already my favorite player on the squad
AO doesn't do his talking on the court but at least he tweets after the game.;)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
AO is as soft as AD is overrated

As in not at all. Just silly to suggest such

he was our inside force when we won the BET & National Championship. Believe it or not, it was not just Kemba and it was not just the guards

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I mean I wouldn't be too surprised if Plumlee could muscle him around at this point.

The main thing he needs to work on is his ball security.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'm bumping this b*tch b/c it needs to be reiterated Plain & Simple

I said it a couple months back and it holds true today, only this time I'll add Mr Drummond to the list as well.

Difference between our bigs and Emeka (heck, Josh Boone)= Toughness!!!
Add that embarrassment with our other problems (Lamb avg about 25 minutes of daydreaming a game) untimely shots by Bazz (my favorite player however) and a host of others.. rather not list'em

Mix it all up, and you get a fat shiny 1st round boot........ Damn

In closing, I'll leave you with some great quotes because I stated the obvious back in December: enjoy! :)
I made a commitment when I reupped here that I wouldn't blast people. I make an exception for you.

Go duck yourself.

Sammydabiz your posts are pretty non-fact based and then you cry when someone calls u out? you can't expect to make an idiotic post and not get slammed. Prezident is right

Right! He is definitely not soft...he is a bull of a kid and not afraid to mix it up and he shows a lot of,good,things out there

sammydabiz said:
the softest Big Man . . . blah blah blah​
Sammy - I was tempted to give you the same response as Prez but decided to be more civil. Suggest you go troll somewhere else.

AO is as soft as AD is overrated

As in not at all. Just silly to suggest such

he was our inside force when we won the BET & National C
sammydabiz said:
the softest Big Man . . . blah blah blah​
Sammy - I was tempted to give you the same response as Prez but decided to be more civil. Suggest you go troll somewhere else.
hampionship. Believe it or not, it was not just Kemba and it was not just the guards

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That's it Sammy, get it off your chest. But man, why would you want to re-expose your douchieness? :cool:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I said it a couple months back and it holds true today, only this time I'll add Mr Drummond to the list as well.

Add that embarrassment with our other problems (Lamb avg about 25 minutes of daydreaming a game) untimely shots by Bazz (my favorite player however) and a host of others.. rather not list'em

In closing, I'll leave you with some great quotes because I stated the obvious back in December: enjoy! :)

Wow! You should really try to get a job in Coaching if your career at bashing 18-21 year kids on the internet doesn't work out!

Reaction Score
Oriakhi didn't get much run. He had a poor year--I have high hopes for him next year. I think the ISU game just didn't allow for 2 bigs on the court (at least two bigs who weren't going to post up) and JC decided to go with AD.

I think he and AD got better at sharing court time. I think that trend will continue if AD comes back.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Did you pre-write this "I told you so" before the game? Did you make a list of the people who criticized you back in December that you couldn't wait to come after when your negativity around AO was, in your eyes, confirmed with the outcome of this game and season?

I'm picturing Steve Buchemi in Billy Madison crossing the name off his people to kill list and putting on lipstick.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
get a life loser, Alex won a national championship and was an integral part of that team

some people need to sniff a clue someday

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Hey look: a ducking genius. Better to be right than win, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom