Oregon St @ Arizona St - 1/12/20 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oregon St @ Arizona St - 1/12/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Did they have Ruden in their earlier losses? She is a big piece for them. I know she is limited most of the time.

I think Ruden and Ryan both were missing or limited most of the season.

Reaction Score
Anyone else remember all those comments about how voters must have confused Arizona and Arizona St. in the polls earlier in the season? :rolleyes:

OK I admit I agreed but in hindsight ...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU has now beaten OSU 4 straight over parts of 3 different seasons. CTT seems to have Rueck's number.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anyone else remember all those comments about how voters must have confused Arizona and Arizona St. in the polls earlier in the season? :rolleyes:

OK I admit I agreed but in hindsight ...

Arizona did beat them in Tempe to start the Pac 12 schedule, but that seems like eons ago.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Did they have Ruden in their earlier losses? She is a big piece for them. I know she is limited most of the time.
Didn't play in the losses to Minnesota and Purdue. She played a season-high 18 minutes in both games this weekend.

Reaction Score
I object that they’re even in this game. They scored only 14 pts in the first half.

But it looks like I put the jinx on them. They haven’t scored since I objected. Sorry about that.;)
Oregon State did not finish well at the end which is surprising considering they are such a well coached team. There last three offensive sets were awful.

Reaction Score
Oregon State did not finish well at the end which is surprising considering they are such a well coached team. There last three offensive sets were awful.
Pivec was awful as well. Two missed FTs and then two awful turnovers. Robbi Ryan was all in her head.

Reaction Score

Jamie missed the first eight games of the season with a combination of injuries. She had a foot injury that had her in a boot and she's battled a back issue throughout her career at ASU. I think in a previous thread I mentioned that both she and Robbi Ryan are on minutes watch.

Earlier in the year Robbi Ryan missed a single game due to an ongoing foot issue. Kiki Russell missed games earlier in the year and the Oregon game.

In the presser after today's game CTT was talking about her team's performance and in that discussion she talked about how earlier in the year injuries really played a huge part in the quality of the Sun Devil play.

This is also a relatively young team and a new member Tapley who's a key part is a grad transfer from USC. That's said it certainly took a while for the team to come together.

This weekend we were treated to see vintage ASU high-energy defense.

From the above story:

"Arizona State didn’t allow the Beavers to get many clean shots, often forcing desperation chances with the shot clock expiring. The result was that Oregon State missed 16 consecutive shots and went more than 11 minutes without scoring."

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
There was a Twitter fight earlier today about the lack of diversity amongst AP Poll voters.
I was referring to the Boneyard Top 25 poll -- far more prestigious than the AP poll :D

qthorne13

SunDevil13
Reaction Score
They are in a big city with all the pro sports and plenty of other stuff to do, and they are not an elite program. ASU doesn't have the WBB facilities to recruit the most elite H.S. players (no Sugar Daddy Phil). Plus it's a redneck area where nobody cares about girls basketball.

The upside is I bought my ticket the day before the Oregon game and sat in the 3rd row for $20.

for an asu fan that lives in Phoenix, I completely disagree - saying asu isn’t an elite program is just plain stupid. If making the postseason 19 of the 20 last years and winning 2 pac 12 championships w 2 ELITE 8s in the past 15 years isn’t elite, than idk what u think elite means.. and they are literally top 30 in the nation in attendance consistently, and are usually around 3rd in the pac 12.... I have no idea where either of these points came from..?

qthorne13

SunDevil13
Reaction Score
ASU fans are pretty fickle and front runners for the men's bb program too. Maybe The Curtain of Distraction is really meant to distract the camera from the empty seats in the arena.

it’s just a very big arena - asu is still top 40 in the nation in home attendance

Reaction Score
it’s just a very big arena - asu is still top 40 in the nation in home attendance
To be accurate as of yesterday they are 47th in attendance overall and 119th in % capacity. From a PAC12 perspective they are 5th and 6th in the 2 categories.
Oregon 10,287/gm 83.17%
OSU 5,730/gm 61.61%
Arizona 5,608/gm 38.3%
Stanford 2,989/gm 41.33%
ASU 2,550/gm 17.96%
UCLA 2,486/gm 18.01%

Reaction Score
Absolutely. In a thread that I posted on attendance and demand I indicated ASU's place in women's basketball attendance and overall basketball attendance. ASU consistently draws more than the average basketball team- men's or women's.

More to the point. ASU is an elite program. I've attended games at Northern Arizona University with less than a hundred and fifty fans in the arena. This is the venue that CTT coached at prior to taking over at ASU. It's a really challenging place to recruit and I don't believe NAU had a winning season in the last four or five.

There are 370 plus D1 women's BB programs and ASU ranks in the top 15% over the past twenty-four years in wins. Well not talk to her this consistency would definitely make ASU and a elite program.

Reaction Score
ASU has improved as much as they have because of the all the info Courtney Eckmark (?) brought over from UConn.;)
LOL

ASU was a sweet 16 and elite 18 before Courtney returned to the Valley of the Sun. We were so glad to have her back and she did a really solid job in her years here has a player at ASU.

Pretty amazing lady who attended law school while playing as a grad transfer. I believe she's playing in Europe.

qthorne13

SunDevil13
Reaction Score
ASU has improved as much as they have because of the all the info Courtney Eckmark (?) brought over from UConn.;)

That is just plain stupid - If anything they had some down years while Courtney was there - the 2 years before she came they had 2 straight 25+ win seasons & a pac 12 championship - & honestly UConn is very average at developing players, they just are lucky enough to get the all of the top recruits’ immediate interest...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
& honestly UConn is very average at developing players, they just are lucky enough to get the all of the top recruits’ immediate interest...

:rolleyes: This might escape much scrutiny being on the general board. Going to UConn works out very well for some players, and not at all for some others.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That is just plain stupid - If anything they had some down years while Courtney was there - the 2 years before she came they had 2 straight 25+ win seasons & a pac 12 championship - & honestly UConn is very average at developing players, they just are lucky enough to get the all of the top recruits’ immediate interest...
cena surprise.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom