Oregon St @ Arizona St - 1/12/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon St @ Arizona St - 1/12/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
24-14 Devils at the half.

Both teams obviously fatigued. ASU has great defensive intensity and energy. The Beavers have missed a number of open shots, they have very tired legs from both the intense game in Tucson as well as the heavy minutes played so far this season by the two guards.

The Beavers go 7 deep and have four players with more than 400 minutes played this season. In contrast the Devils play the entire roster and only have one player with more than 400 minutes.

Slocum had to sit midway through the first quarter after picking up her second foul and return with three minutes left in the half. So far she's been a non-factor in the game.

Jamie Ruden continues to shine. 4 for 5 from the field for 9 points. Tapley has 8 as our seniors are taking advantage of the youth on the Beaver front line.

OSU will definitely start to hit shots and make a run in the second half.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The worst half I have ever seen this Beavs team play. 18.8 FG%, 0-10 for threes, Before this game the Beavs had a 48.6 FG% and 37.3% for threes.

Their first quarter against BYU in Hawaii was this bad, but they recovered somewhat in Q2.

Reaction Score
After watching Oregon and Oregon State the last couple games I can safely say this is Baylor's championship to lose. They are the best team. Most athletic and Cox the best player in the country. Oregon is good but seems to be missing something and struggling with expectations. Oregon State and Rudeck remind me of early UConn-Geno team. Not the most athletic but well coached but I feel there are like 4-5 teams better in the country.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Fair weather fan. Come on.

That's me. I've seen games like this from time to time during Rueck's tenure. For me it's a better choice to stop watching.

Reaction Score
14 pts in the half:confused:

I don’t think fatigue should be used as an excuse, unless they don’t plan on doing well in any tournaments.

Reaction Score
Second half starts with a bang. Slocum hits a three then immediately picks up her 3rd foul.

Correction foul on Jones.

Beavers begin the second half with great intensity. Looks like Slocum must have had an IV at the half. 31-23 halfway through the third quarter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Too bad bout the crowd. Don't know why ASU can't get big crowds.
They are in a big city with all the pro sports and plenty of other stuff to do, and they are not an elite program. ASU doesn't have the WBB facilities to recruit the most elite H.S. players (no Sugar Daddy Phil). Plus it's a redneck area where nobody cares about girls basketball.

The upside is I bought my ticket the day before the Oregon game and sat in the 3rd row for $20.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU fans are pretty fickle and front runners for the men's bb program too. Maybe The Curtain of Distraction is really meant to distract the camera from the empty seats in the arena.

Reaction Score
24-14 Devils at the half.

Both teams obviously fatigued. ASU has great defensive intensity and energy. The Beavers have missed a number of open shots, they have very tired legs from both the intense game in Tucson as well as the heavy minutes played so far this season by the two guards.

The Beavers go 7 deep and have four players with more than 400 minutes played this season. In contrast the Devils play the entire roster and only have one player with more than 400 minutes.

Slocum had to sit midway through the first quarter after picking up her second foul and return with three minutes left in the half. So far she's been a non-factor in the game.

Jamie Ruden continues to shine. 4 for 5 from the field for 9 points. Tapley has 8 as our seniors are taking advantage of the youth on the Beaver front line.

OSU will definitely start to hit shots and make a run in the second half.
1 correction. They usually play 8 and did in the 1st half. If Taya wasn't hurt (previous starter), they'd play 9. Id wish they would play Morris more, but Scott doesn't.

Reaction Score
Pivac at the line with 4:19 left in the third quarter and we see the curtain of distraction. A beaver and a duck. She's unfazed and hit's both.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU 1-15 behind the arc. Getting nothing from Goodman...again. She has been M.I.A. most of the season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU went back up 9, now it's down to 4.

Reaction Score
Slocum has been on fire. She's at the line again. She's been abusing the freshman when Sara Bejedi

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU got an and-1 to end Q3. 39-32. The way this game is going a 7 point margin feels like about twice that much.

Reaction Score
ASU fans are pretty fickle and front runners for the men's bb program too. Maybe The Curtain of Distraction is really meant to distract the camera from the empty seats in the arena.
Same issues, except the redneck factor. They need alumnus James Harden to step up and donate $50 million

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Same issues, except the redneck factor. They need alumnus James Harden to step up and donate $50 million

Pay people to attend the games? The facilities are fine aren't they?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom