Oregon St @ Arizona St - 1/12/20 | The Boneyard

Oregon St @ Arizona St - 1/12/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
The way it worked out, the Oregon schools' trip to the desert is like a perfect preview of the Sweet Sixteen. All four schools are legit S16 schools (at least, when you put the AZ schools on their home court.) and UO and OSU are legit 1 or 2 seeds (on any court). There is the same two-games-in-three-days schedule and similar levels of hype and crowd energy. The biggest difference is that it isn't win-or-go-home.

This is why the Pac has been over-represented in the later rounds of the tourney every year for the last half-decade or so. OSU will have at least three or four weekends in conference play that are every bit as tough as a Sweet 16. (This weekend and rivalry weekend, for sure. And on the road in LA and the Bay Area, arguably depending on how USC and Cal develop). The way the Pac schedules teams in pairs, plus the great competition, makes it an incredible tournament simulator.

Reaction Score
The way it worked out, the Oregon schools' trip to the desert is like a perfect preview of the Sweet Sixteen. All four schools are legit S16 schools (at least, when you put the AZ schools on their home court.) and UO and OSU are legit 1 or 2 seeds (on any court). There is the same two-games-in-three-days schedule and similar levels of hype and crowd energy. The biggest difference is that it isn't win-or-go-home.

This is why the Pac has been over-represented in the later rounds of the tourney every year for the last half-decade or so. OSU will have at least three or four weekends in conference play that are every bit as tough as a Sweet 16. (This weekend and rivalry weekend, for sure. And on the road in LA and the Bay Area, arguably depending on how USC and Cal develop). The way the Pac schedules teams in pairs, plus the great competition, makes it an incredible tournament simulator.
I was thinking the same thing! Long week to prep for the Friday (or semifinal) game, and <48 hours to prep for the Sunday (or NC) game.

Brilliant, although I’m not sure it does any good. Tara (the only PAC WBB coach to win an NC since 1984, and her last one was 28 years ago) is great with the long prep week and terrible with the short weekend. Geno, OTOH, is 11-0 in NC games.

Reaction Score
It definitely does good. Count the number of Pac teams in the rounds of 16, 8, and 4 over the last few years. The conference has been over-represented in the later rounds every time. But apparently the best prep for the Final Four itself is to feast on AAC patsies. "Correlation equals Causation" - or so I read on a twitter feed or facebook or somewhere.

Reaction Score
Both teams are coming off really hard-fought victories Friday night. Recovery is going to be essential.

Oregon State has more talent hoping home court advantage works magic again for the Sun Devils.

My concern would be with the Sun Devils ability to generate offense on the order of the second half of their victory over Oregon.

Should be a great game, can't wait for tip.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It definitely does good. Count the number of Pac teams in the rounds of 16, 8, and 4 over the last few years. The conference has been over-represented in the later rounds every time. But apparently the best prep for the Final Four itself is to feast on AAC patsies. "Correlation equals Causation" - or so I read on a twitter feed or facebook or somewhere.
Well, 7 of Geno’s 11 NC’s and 14 of his 20 FF’s were before the AAC existed, so that correlation appears to be accidental.

Reaction Score
Any way this game can be streamed on line to be viewed. I recently switched my cable provider which does not provide the PAC 12.

Reaction Score
Any way this game can be streamed on line to be viewed. I recently switched my cable provider which does not provide the PAC 12.

Maybe check to see if fubo tv is offering a free trial.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
5 minutes till tip.

I was walking by Desert Financial Arena at 7 a.m. this morning on my way to assist a high school function on the ASU campus. The Oregon State bus was parked out front the arena. The bus driver was kind enough to talk to me and he said that the Beavers got to the arena at 6:45 a.m. for shoot around.

This may be a good example of home court advantage I would suspect CTT let her team sleep in a little bit more before they came down for the game.

During shoot-around the Beavers are hitting everything. ASU is doing a lot of clunking on the rimp. Hope this doesn't foretell respective shooting.

Should be a lower scoring game than Friday night with these two defenses.

Go Devils.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
CTT has already done 2 hockey line changes 4 minutes into the game. OSU has not had a sub yet. Tied at 4, looks like a grinder. No surprise there.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU has missed about 10 shots in a row. 9-0 run by ASU. 9-4. CTT has Rueck's number lately. I'm gonna have to quit watching here pretty soon.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Make that 11-0. I can't watch this.

Who's #1 on Monday? Baylor? South Carolina?

Reaction Score
Make that 11-0. I can't watch this.

Who's #1 on Monday? Baylor? South Carolina?
I think it’ll be close between Baylor and South Carolina though because they did beat us but we didn’t have cox but it won’t matter in the voters eyes. Also South Carolina does have a better resume than us at the moment

Reaction Score
13-4 Devil's at the quarter. Two obviously tired teams. With the score tied at 4 Jamie Ruden comes in and hit three straight shots to propel the Devils.

Lots of orange in the building. Smaller crowd than Friday night

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it’ll be close between Baylor and South Carolina though because they did beat us but we didn’t have cox but it won’t matter in the voters eyes. Also South Carolina does have a better resume than us at the moment
I don't think the game is over yet. 2nd qtr hasn't started.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I quit at 11-4. 2-14 FG in Q1, twice as many TOs as made shots. Pathetic effort Beavs.

Reaction Score
13-4 Devil's at the quarter. Two obviously tired teams. With the score tied at 4 Jamie Ruden comes in and hit three straight shots to propel the Devils.

Lots of orange in the building. Smaller crowds than Friday night
Too bad bout the crowd. Don't know why ASU can't get big crowds.

Reaction Score
I don't think the game is over yet. 2nd qtr hasn't started.
I know but they have struggled so I feel like if they did win they shouldn’t be number 1 but they will if they do win

Reaction Score
I know but they have struggled so I feel like if they did win they shouldn’t be number 1 but they will if they do win
ASU is a very good team and I think should have been ranked and probably will whether they win or lose today with the win over the Ducks, Beavs beat them it's a good win. They would deserve number 1 with the tough schedule they have had.

Reaction Score
ASU is a very good team and I think should have been ranked and probably will whether they win or lose today with the win over the Ducks, Beavs beat them it's a good win. They would deserve number 1 with the tough schedule they have had.
Yeah true! Lots of parity in women’s basketball now

Reaction Score
The worst half I have ever seen this Beavs team play. 18.8 FG%, 0-10 for threes, Before this game the Beavs had a 48.6 FG% and 37.3% for threes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom