Oregon (9) @ Miss St (5) Tonite | The Boneyard

Oregon (9) @ Miss St (5) Tonite

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Slight correction to the heading on the thread. Playing tonight vs MS St are the Oregon Ducks, not the Oregon St Beavers.

Big difference between watching and not watching. :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Can't wait baby. I guarantee we won't see the same sloppy, schoolyard, McGuff bonehead basketball we saw when those orange shirted teams played last week. With the added benefit of watching two great coaches in WCBB on the court. Go Vic, go Kelly. Represent WCBB.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can't wait baby. I guarantee we won't see the same sloppy, schoolyard, McGuff bonehead basketball we saw when those orange shirted teams played last week. With the added benefit of watching two great coaches in WCBB on the court. Go Vic, go Kelly. Represent WCBB.
Big difference in coaching talent between tonight’s game and the train wreck the other night in Knoxville.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Big difference in coaching talent between tonight’s game and the train wreck the other night in Knoxville.
Even a year ago I'd have argued that Aston belonged among the group of outstanding coaches in WCBB. Last week was a shock to me. None of the outstanding coaches in WCBB would have allowed their teams to play so selfishly, so undisciplined, and so unwilling to apply some of the basic fundamentals of basketball consistently for 4 quarters. Not a single quarter for that matter. At this point I'd have to move Aston to the second tier of coaches in WCBB with Mulkey far above her.

Reaction Score
Slight correction to the heading on the thread. Playing tonight vs MS St are the Oregon Ducks, not the Oregon St Beavers.

I was gonna say that I would've been more interested if it were Oregon instead of Oregon St., and now you're telling me that it is? Schweet! :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The only game today between a ranked team and an opponent with a record over .500. Hope it is worth watching, the Baylor game isn't
But ... but ... McNeese is 4-4, which is pretty darn respectable ... that is, until you notice that 3 of those 4 wins came against non-D1 teams.

Reaction Score
Even a year ago I'd have argued that Aston belonged among the group of outstanding coaches in WCBB. Last week was a shock to me. None of the outstanding coaches in WCBB would have allowed their teams to play so selfishly, so undisciplined, and so unwilling to apply some of the basic fundamentals of basketball consistently for 4 quarters. Not a single quarter for that matter. At this point I'd have to move Aston to the second tier of coaches in WCBB with Mulkey far above her.

Her team couldn't even make an inbounds pass at key moments late in the game. It was every bit as brutal as many here in the boneyard have been saying.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Its on the SEC network. Should tell us alot about both teams.
Perfect time to use the trick that @Shades showed us recently.

Click on "Thread Tools" and then "Edit Title" to fix the thread title. Oregon is playing this game, not Oregon State.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

The game was bad but keep in mind it's less than one month into the season...teams can get a LOT better by the end of the season. I'll wait and see how Texas develops before automatically discrediting Aston. Mississippi State also looked horrendous losing at home to unranked Tennessee by 18 points at the end of last year and went on to upset Connecticut. About a decade ago Rutgers lost at home by 40 to Duke, and then went on to upset them in the regionals and making the title game. Lots can happen and it's too early to label Aston as second tier at this point.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I was gonna say that I would've been more interested if it were Oregon instead of Oregon St., and now you're telling me that it is? Schweet! :D
Now, barring something unforeseen, you have no excuse for not watching. I think it will be a game worth watching.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The game was bad but keep in mind it's less than one month into the season...teams can get a LOT better by the end of the season. I'll wait and see how Texas develops before automatically discrediting Aston. Mississippi State also looked horrendous losing at home to unranked Tennessee by 18 points at the end of last year and went on to upset Connecticut. About a decade ago Rutgers lost at home by 40 to Duke, and then went on to upset them in the regionals and making the title game. Lots can happen and it's too early to label Aston as second tier at this point.
This is all true, but I have never seen a team with so much talent look so horrible. It was bordering on farcical comedy, it was so bad. The only other performance that even compares to this one was when Tennessee just gave away a game in the final minutes to LSU a couple years ago.

Reaction Score
Don't really care how great a game it is. I'd pay (but don't have to!) to see the amazing Sabrina. That girl really has the chops. It was never going to be UConn or anywhere away from the West Coast, but, wow, would she have been a great Husky. I could see her as a mix of Svet (giving Geno some guff) and D (winning games casually).

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Texas is also on TV tonight at 8 PM EST against Northwestern State, looking to rebound from, well lots of things. It is on the Longhorn Network.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
But ... but ... McNeese is 4-4, which is pretty darn respectable ... that is, until you notice that 3 of those 4 wins came against non-D1 teams.

Mulkey schedules like this so that you will have something to squawk about.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Mulkey schedules like this so that you will have something to squawk about.

giphy.gif

Plebe

Reaction Score
For anyone looking for a bit of a warmup before the Oregon-Miss St game starts, Rutgers vs. Princeton is on the Big Ten Network right now.

Rutgers is currently up 21-13 early in 2Q. Tyler Scaife has 13 of Rutgers' 21 points. Princeton has a pretty decent team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This game is in Sling TV live. Must be a good one to watch.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Miss State up 23-19 after 1Q.

Morgan William and Ruthy Hebard leading their respective teams in scoring.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As expected, a basically well played game MSU up 28-24 6 minutes left in 2nd quarter. What a contrast to TX-TN

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
My initial reaction is Ionescu doesn't look for her shot enough.
Bad passes instead of good shots.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Good game, but MS St looks tougher on defense. Not surprised considering that Vic Schaefer’s their coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom