Oregon (3) @ Stanford (4) - 2/24/20 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oregon (3) @ Stanford (4) - 2/24/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Tired of the ESPN coronation. I didn't know Oregon ducks are an endangered species, but they sure are protected, watch when the NCAA does the brackets, my guess will have the easiest route to the final 4.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tired of the ESPN coronation. I didn't know Oregon ducks are an endangered species, but they sure are protected, watch when the NCAA does the brackets, my guess will have the easiest route to the final 4.

I think it is awesome. When was the last time a women's basketball player got her own ESPN special and has received a lot of attention from the likes of Steph Curry and Kobe? Sabrina came back to win a title her senior year with zero off court issues or drama too. Fan of her or not, I think she's been awesome for the women's game and I'm thrilled she and her school are getting so much attention.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Part one Accomplished, Stanford lost, eliminating them from a #1 Seed. Now if they can lose this weekend when they play the Arizona Schools. If they were to lose and UConn take care of business, UConn might jump them to get a better #2 Seeding. I don't see Stanford winning the PAC 12 Post Season tournament, so they could end the season with five losses. Four losses is the most likely scenario.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I think it is awesome. When was the last time a women's basketball player got her own ESPN special and has received a lot of attention from the likes of Steph Curry and Kobe? Sabrina came back to win a title her senior year with zero off court issues or drama too. Fan of her or not, I think she's been awesome for the women's game and I'm thrilled she and her school are getting so much attention.
Maybe when a player leads a team to one or more NCs.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Sabrina had 12 of the 13 assists for Oregon in the game.
Sabrina had 9 made fg's
Sabrina assisted on, or scored on 21 of the 27 fg's the Ducks had. Thats over 75%.
Also, why did Moore only get 12 minutes?

Reaction Score
Sabrina had 9 made fg's
Sabrina assisted on, or scored on 21 of the 27 fg's the Ducks had. Thats over 75%.
Good question. Perhaps Graves lost track of Moore. I watched the game and forgot about Moore as well. I remember reading that Moore averaged 37 minutes per game at USC last season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
why did Moore only get 12 minutes?
Tara's defense was to sag off Moore and clog the middle. Replacing her with a more dangerous shooter (Shelley, Chavez) helped unclog the middle. (But the defense was still denying the pick and roll and Ruthy go very few quality touches anyway.) But I'm guessing that is why.

Reaction Score
youre right. Hadn’t thought of that. Center of the WBB universe.
you are being sarcastic, right.
Well the New York times (UConn's local newspaper) called the two Oregon schools the center of the WBB universe, or something like that:

Reaction Score
I think you are underestimating Maryland.
I actually think the whole Big 10 sucks and is always overseeded. They haven't performed above their seeding the last several years. Maryland is just one of many. We will se if they hold up their own.

Reaction Score
Sabrina had 9 made fg's
And she assisted on several threes and three point plays and also set up the player who got fouled for 2 free throws. So my guess she accounted for 80% of the Duck's points. As for Moore I think it was a natch up issue as he wanted longer arms and a bigger threat for the three which limited her minutes.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Well the New York times (UConn's local newspaper) called the two Oregon schools the center of the WBB universe, or something like that:

That's fine but I usually don't go to the NY Times for my sports information. In fact... :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
With success comes attention. UConn has had it aplenty over the years. We had a chance to seize it this year as well, but lost 3 lopsided games, including to Oregon. Insert cliché about victor and spoils.

Reaction Score
Stanford isnt going to end up in Fort Wayne. It'll likely be Louisville, UCONN, or Northwestern if Maryland is the 1. In recent history Maryland hasnt done well against the PAC but I suggest you watch some of their recent games. They're playing at a very high level with good athletes and suffocating defense. Theyre as hot as anyone right now. I'd bet on them over any PAC team besides Oregon and maybe Stanford.

Northwestern won't be against Maryland since they are both from the B1G. So, the will fudge seeds if needed to keep them separate. So, if Maryland is a 1 seed, it'd be against Louisville, UCONN, or Stanford. Northwestern is the only one they certainly will not face.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Good question. Perhaps Graves lost track of Moore. I watched the game and forgot about Moore as well. I remember reading that Moore averaged 37 minutes per game at USC last season.

Depending on the situation, Graves has generally played various combinations among Boley, Moore, Chavez, and Shelley, with the flexibility involved being a key to the team's success (ability to adapt). Sometimes one of the last two replaces Boley for defensive purposes or if Boley's shot is off; sometimes Chavez or Shelley replaces Moore for the reasons already noted in this thread. And at times--as in this game--both have been on the court in place of the two starters. (Boley and Moore average around 24 minutes/game; Chavez about 20; and Shelley about 18.) In this game, the breakdown was 30 (Boley), 12 (Moore), 29 (Chavez), and 25 (Shelley). And, if remember correctly, Oregon was most effective yesterday with both Chavez and Shelley on the court, and not for the first time this season. In other games, however, Moore's play has been absolutely crucial and the team certainly wouldn't be where it is without her.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Northwestern won't be against Maryland since they are both from the B1G. So, the will fudge seeds if needed to keep them separate. So, if Maryland is a 1 seed, it'd be against Louisville, UCONN, or Stanford. Northwestern is the only one they certainly will not face.

Good point. I do think that if both Maryland and NW make the Big Ten title game, the winner gets Fort Wayne, likely as a 1 (or as the top 2), and the loser is a 2 shipped elsewhere. If both teams fall, UCONN likely moves ahead.

Louisville likely needs to win out to finish ahead of UCONN. The question to me is, even with a loss, will the committee find a way to put Louisville in Fort Wayne due to their location and likelihood of drawing a crowd? The committee historically gives precedent to home teams regardless if they're more deserving than a different team of the same seed. Case in point, in 2018 Mississippi State was the #2 overall team and got sent to KC, a 10 hour drive, instead of Lexington which was closer. Louisville obviously got Lexington because of their proximity. There are many other instances of this as well. Whether or not the committee considers Fort Wayne close enough to Louisville (3.5 hours) to verify that type treatment remains to be seen.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score

Hartford has a newspaper, that is UConn's local paper. Calling Oregon the center of the WCBB universe is like calling a shooting star the sun.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Part one Accomplished, Stanford lost, eliminating them from a #1 Seed. Now if they can lose this weekend when they play the Arizona Schools. If they were to lose and UConn take care of business, UConn might jump them to get a better #2 Seeding. I don't see Stanford winning the PAC 12 Post Season tournament, so they could end the season with five losses. Four losses is the most likely scenario.

So basically you want Connecticut to back into a high seed?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well, I guess you know if they are given the top #1 seed, they get the easiest route to the Final Four. They would have earned it. It's happened to other schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom