Oregon (3) @ Stanford (4) - 2/24/20 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oregon (3) @ Stanford (4) - 2/24/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
She would have to get it done this year, this is by far her best chance to get it done. This is the season to do it for Oregon, its not happening next year losing Sabrina, Moore and Hebard.
And Sabally to the WNBA as an early entry....

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I missed her getting another rebound, but Ionescu just got #26 triple double. Back to back games.

Lead is back up to 17.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lexie doing everything she can to keep Stanford in this, getting almost no help. She has 27. 65-56 now w/ 3:13 left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lexie finished w/ 27. Sabally also had 27 to go w/ 9 boards. 21/12/12 for Ionescu. They just said it was the first triple double on the road against a Top 10 team in 20 years.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kinda frightening that Oregon can shrug off an absolute no show performance by Hebard and still win on the road against a Top 5 team.

Reaction Score
I’ve asked this before, but does anyone know why Prince is allowed to travel with the team? I seem to remember seeing Westbrook at one away games all season.
Destiny Littleton has traveled with the SC team. I know early in the season Dawn mentioned something about getting a waiver for her to do so.

Reaction Score
One of the more poorer performances from Oregon. But when they need to grind out an ugly win, they can.

Reaction Score
Ducks lock up the three-peat. Technically they still need to take care of the Washingtons but ....
Gritty performance. Not a thing of beauty but Tara really put in some targeted defensive sets and Stanford worked hard to deny Ruthy. Not enough this night.

Reaction Score
First time in 20 years that a player has gotten a triple double against a top ten team on either the mens or womens side.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
So Sabrina got her triple double & broke the NCAA record (m/f), after the Bryant memorial, traveling back and forth from Stanford, unable to practice due to illness (reminiscent of KLS). Pretty good. Lot of turnovers, though -- but both teams were giving each other the ball quite a bit. Reminded me of Tenn, for a while. Stanford's Hull (one of the sisters, anyway -- there's 2 of them, right?), kept them in the game for a while. I missed the Sabally quarter, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Kinda frightening that Oregon can shrug off an absolute no show performance by Hebard and still win on the road against a Top 5 team.
If two of their Big Three are on, it is usually enough to best quality teams.

Reaction Score
Tara’s game plan. Deny Ruthy. Announcers mentioned that Stanford is the best team at denying the pick and roll statistically. Heroic efforts by Sab and Satou overcame it though.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sabrina is just ridiculous. She puts up 23/12/12 and led her team to a comfortable road win against the #4 team, and it didn't even feel like a particularly strong game from her to be honest. I do think Oregon is the best team in the country right now. The way they're consistently thrashing really good teams is remarkable. Reminds me of UCONN with Stewart and Co.

Stanford is going to be a really dangerous teams in regionals, especially if Carrington or Jones come back. Williams reminds me a lot of Dangerfield in her style of play, their bigs are super physical and strong rebounders and Hull is a sniper. Well coached squad. They're probably the last #2 seed I'd want to see right now if I'm Baylor or SC.

Reaction Score
They're probably the last #2 seed I'd want to see right now if I'm Baylor or SC.
I'd be more worried if I was Maryland as a #1 seed in Ft. Wayne and Stanford ends up their 2. A lower seeded PAC12 team has knocked off Maryland the last 3 times they were a host team: 2019-#6 seed UCLA, 2017-#10 seed Oregon, 2016-#7 seed Washington. Maryland won't get passed a PAC12 team this year whether it's Stanford or any of the other 5 that make it to the NCAAs.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'd be more worried if I was Maryland as a #1 seed in Ft. Wayne and Stanford ends up their 2. A lower seeded PAC12 team has knocked off Maryland the last 3 times they were a host team: 2019-#6 seed UCLA, 2017-#10 seed Oregon, 2016-#7 seed Washington. Maryland won't get passed a PAC12 team this year whether it's Stanford or any of the other 5 that make it to the NCAAs.

Stanford isnt going to end up in Fort Wayne. It'll likely be Louisville, UCONN, or Northwestern if Maryland is the 1. In recent history Maryland hasnt done well against the PAC but I suggest you watch some of their recent games. They're playing at a very high level with good athletes and suffocating defense. Theyre as hot as anyone right now. I'd bet on them over any PAC team besides Oregon and maybe Stanford.

Reaction Score
This was a game that I felt Stanford just was slow to start and get into the offense against Oregon - the 2nd half they scored much better, but the Ducks started strong, and jumped to the lead....

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think you are underestimating Maryland.

Reaction Score
I actually went to the game tonight. Stanford looked so disjointed on offense. One thing I really picked up was that there were very few screens set and when there were, the post player was very slow and laxidasical. Watching Oregon live was so different then on tv. They flow so well on offense. Sabrina looked like way better of a defender than I thought. She is way more impressive than I could see on tv and she always looks amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom