Oregon (3) @ Stanford (11) - 2/10/19 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oregon (3) @ Stanford (11) - 2/10/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Who did UConn play this week? There seems to be a pattern that ESPN has been giving the award to a player that had a big performance in a high profile game.

Then I will expect a Player of the Week recognition when she tears it up tomorrow against South Carolina

Reaction Score
That was a total smackdown. Oregon looked like the #1 team, and Stanford looked like a 3 seed. Sabrina looked like a NPOY.

Oregon has to be favorite to win National Championship.

Well, my alma mater beat the Ducks, and they're not even that good.....so I wouldn't hand Oregon the trophy just yet.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Idk on that one. Oregon State got run out of Maples two nights ago by this Stanford team. Hard to see OSU hanging with UO’s firepower at every position. Could be a couple blowouts. Alas.
Wrong. Oregon State will play Oregon much closer, not just at home Monday Feb. 18 (on ESPN2) , but even at Oregon on Friday night (on Pac-12 Network).

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The language used in this story is

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c6588f2b46b6

BIG PICTURE

Oregon: Ionescu’s mother, Liliana, sat on the baseline before the game with local sports agent Bill Duffy. Ionescu’s future at Oregon is unclear, as she may not return for her senior season. “I have absolutely no idea. I’m focusing on what we’re building here this year,” she said of her plans. ... This marked the first visit of a ranked Oregon team to Stanford since the Cardinal beat the No. 23 Ducks, 78-62, on Jan. 15, 2000. The two split last season’s meetings, Stanford winning 78-65 in Eugene and the Ducks 77-57 in the Pac-12 Tournament championship.

I think a lot depends on how far OU goes. There is nothing more she needs to add or improve to her game.

I thought Ionescu was able to turn pro because she may have redshirted, but I just checked the Ducks' website and she has not. If so, is she going to be 22 by the WNBA draft this spring? Otherwise, she can only turn pro to play overseas - correct?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I thought Ionescu was able to turn pro because she may have redshirted, but I just checked the Ducks' website and she has not. If so, is she going to be 22 by the WNBA draft this spring? Otherwise, she can only turn pro to play overseas - correct?
She turns 22 in the calendar year of the draft.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This result was a shocker to me as it was AT STANFORD and winning by 40 is reminiscent of UConn’s blowout of a ranked USF team a couple of years ago.
Oregon certainly is looking very good and worthy of the #1 Seed. KUdos to the Ducks.
Stanford needs to regroup here, not sure I am seeing any improvement since the beginning of the season.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Extremely impressive weekend for Oregon. Vaulted them in the Massey Ratings. They look like the best team in the country to me right now...

Screenshot_2019-02-11-09-09-05.png

Reaction Score
Wrong. Oregon State will play Oregon much closer, not just at home Monday Feb. 18 (on ESPN2) , but even at Oregon on Friday night (on Pac-12 Network).
Like your confidence, I wish I shared it. Took overtime in Gill last year, and that was with Gulich. But they might have a shot there if everything goes perfectly. RealTime picks UO in both games, winning by 22 in Eugene. That’s closer than Stanford, if that’s how it works out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Extremely impressive weekend for Oregon. Vaulted them in the Massey Ratings. They look like the best team in the country to me right now...

Glad to see a Miss. St. fan finally getting behind Oregon. :) Can't remember who said what, there are several active MSU fans on this board, but some of them have been hesitant to offer any praise to UO, even after the Ducks beat the Bulldogs.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford needs to regroup here, not sure I am seeing any improvement since the beginning of the season.

I think they've regressed a little bit from the end of OOC. They've had a series of injuries and have had to shuffle the starting lineup several times. Just don't seem to be as sharp and crisp as they were playing for a while. And inconsistent. Looked good when they hammered Cal at home, not so good when they lost on the road to the Bears. They've actually lost 3 of their last 5 games.

Schedule eases off a little bit, but not exactly easy. Have @ UCLA and hosting Arizona St. coming up the next 2 weeks. Can't really take anybody for granted in the Pac. @ USC might be a tough game. End the regular season @ the Washington schools. Could conceivably go 6-0 during this stretch, but a loss or 2 also wouldn't be surprising.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Glad to see a Miss. St. fan finally getting behind Oregon. :) Can't remember who said what, there are several active MSU fans on this board, but some of them have been hesitant to offer any praise to UO, even after the Ducks beat the Bulldogs.

Yeah, we seem to get grouped together like we're one big MSU fan. I doubt any of us know each other or share consistent opinions outside of wanting State to win. I think the one guy who hated Vic, and was frankly just a negative force, has been banned.

I have respect for a lot of teams. I have actually recently gone back and rewatched the Oregon game with less emotion. Clearly two really good teams. Oregon had a better gameplan and executed it well.

I think since that game T and Anriel have gotten more comfortable playing together and Danberry has really developed more confidence and is playing at a high level. But we've lost Bibby and that's big.

Oregon to me has just steadily improved. I honestly don't see a loss, even with the tough games in front of them, unless they have a really off game offensively. Possibly @ ASU, just because of their defensive intensity, but I doubt it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Like your confidence, I wish I shared it. Took overtime in Gill last year, and that was with Gulich. But they might have a shot there if everything goes perfectly. RealTime picks UO in both games, winning by 22 in Eugene. That’s closer than Stanford, if that’s how it works out.

They definitely can't have the lack of production from McWilliams and Corosdale that they had on the Bay Area trip if they want to beat UO. I expect a beat down in Eugene (like last year) and they'll be fairly fortunate if they can pull off the W in Corvallis.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we seem to get grouped together like we're one big MSU fan. I doubt any of us know each other or share consistent opinions outside of wanting State to win. I think the one guy who hated Vic, and was frankly just a negative force, has been banned.

I have respect for a lot of teams. I have actually recently gone back and rewatched the Oregon game with less emotion. Clearly two really good teams. Oregon had a better gameplan and executed it well.

I think since that game T and Anriel have gotten more comfortable playing together and Danberry has really developed more confidence and is playing at a high level. But we've lost Bibby and that's big.

Oregon to me has just steadily improved. I honestly don't see a loss, even with the tough games in front of them, unless they have a really off game offensively. Possibly @ ASU, just because of their defensive intensity, but I doubt it.
Yeah, now that you mention it, we haven’t heard anything about the “Southern TV Evengelist” for a while, have we?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom