Oregon (3) @ Stanford (11) - 2/10/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What about Napheesa?

Who did UConn play this week? There seems to be a pattern that ESPN has been giving the award to a player that had a big performance in a high profile game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Losing on the road by 15 on the PAC-12 network is not quite the same as losing by 40 at home on ESPN2, but yeah, can't have felt good.

Okay, the scale wasn't the same. But the feeling of helplessness and like nothing went right was similar I think.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
So KLS is a stat stuffer?

Can’t wait for the head-to-head

Of course she isn't. And if Ionescu played for UCONN some posters here wouldn't have to spend so much energy trying to diminish what she's accomplished. It's sort of A'ja Wilson part two. Surely, a terrific player is just that, whether or not she plays in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Just pointing out their minutes played are similar.

Would be an interesting matchup. UConn crushed them 2 years ago, might be a better match up if they played again.
I’m sure it will be. Looking like that will be in the final 4 if it happens- really hope it does.

I do think Sabrina made her case for POY today, and I think she’s deserving of that, and #1 overall pick, etc.

I was looking forward to seeing her play again in their early-March game at ASU, but won’t be able to use my tix, or my Oregon State @ ASU tix either, as I’ll be out of town that weekend. Any Phoenix area BYer want these tix? (General Admission - lower bowl. They’re as good seats as you want them to be, just get there 1/2 hour early. 2 tickets each game, I don’t want any $$ for them, and can e-mail the original .pdf’s.)

Anyway, where I’ll be that weekend is Tucson. So I am going to manage to see the Ducks play at Arizona that Friday night.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting tidbit from the wire story:

The language used in this story is

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c6588f2b46b6

BIG PICTURE

Oregon: Ionescu’s mother, Liliana, sat on the baseline before the game with local sports agent Bill Duffy. Ionescu’s future at Oregon is unclear, as she may not return for her senior season. “I have absolutely no idea. I’m focusing on what we’re building here this year,” she said of her plans. ... This marked the first visit of a ranked Oregon team to Stanford since the Cardinal beat the No. 23 Ducks, 78-62, on Jan. 15, 2000. The two split last season’s meetings, Stanford winning 78-65 in Eugene and the Ducks 77-57 in the Pac-12 Tournament championship.

I think a lot depends on how far OU goes. There is nothing more she needs to add or improve to her game.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Uh ... I'm a UConn fan and all, but great performances at home vs. East Carolina and Temple is not as impressive as great performances on the road at Cal and Stanford.

I'm sure Napheesa will be nominated.
Sometimes you make too much sense.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
MSST, ND and OU showing their class and dominance. UConn has to have their A game to whump SC to keep up with the Joneses

On the ESPN studio show today, Andy Landers and Debbie Antonelli agreed that in order for UConn to hold on to their #1 seed, they must beat the only 2 teams left on their schedule that would be considered quality wins, South Carolina and UCF. Otherwise UConn might be looking at a 2 seed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I think Sabrina is officially out of her slump. She had a big weekend in a couple of emphatic road wins. ESPN player of the week?
Let's give it to a lesser known player this week

Kenisha Bell today: 24 pts, 11 reb, 5 ast, 5 stl

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I recorded this game to watch later so I could FF through the commercials. This is my first time seeing Oregon. OMG...scary! I cannot believe they went into Stanford and handled a Tara-coached team the way they did.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Stanford looks just plain bad. PAC-12 still not as good as we thought. Not sure how this team beat Baylor. Smith also looks outmatches sorely by Oregon bigs.

Oregon does look very good with all the being said & have done it without Sabally mostly.

Yes sir!! Oregon opened up a can on the Cardinal in Maples Pavilion today. A 40 point win. I wish UConn could have done that back in November of 2014. That 111 game win streak would have surpassed 200, and given Geno one more perfect season on his resume. Don’t look past Oregon in the tournament this year just because they’re a west coast team. They can be real nasty, and bust your bracket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I recorded this game to watch later so I could FF through the commercials. This is my first time seeing Oregon. OMG...scary! I cannot believe they went into Stanford and handled a Tara-coached team the way they did.

The worse loss by a Stanford team during her tenure.

Reaction Score
Oregon is playing at such a high level right now, and, not just on offense. Oregon shut down Stanford on their home court. I root for the other school in Oregon, and I'm telling you, that I don't think any team is as complete as Oregon. And whoever made the comment about the PAC-12 not being very good this year.....well, that is what is said nearly every year, and the PAC-12 has been doing very well in the NCAA Tournament the past 4 years. Lastly, Sabrina is the POY. No question. Give her the award now.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Let's give it to a lesser known player this week

Kenisha Bell today: 24 pts, 11 reb, 5 ast, 5 stl
Nice stats ... but for a win over Northwestern, she won't even get a sniff.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
One of the most impressive showings of the year. Each of the top 6 teams looked pretty remarkable this weekend. Stanford looks to be pretty overrated but you cant count out Tara. They could be a very dangerous 3 or 4 seed in the tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom