Options available for the PAC-12 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Options available for the PAC-12

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Only 5 of 12 Pac 12 AD's in attendance....

I think it was reported that Oregon’s AD was in attendance. It was inaccurately reported that they were not present.

Reaction Score
Desperation mode. It wasn't the Big 12 that destabilized your conference, it was the Big 10. Delusional.

Reaction Score
Desperation mode. It wasn't the Big 12 that destabilized your conference, it was the Big 10. Delusional.
His point was more the PR campaign by the Big 12 and their media surrogates which went so far as to announce that the addition of the four corners programs was imminent. Ultimately the right thing for the Big 12 to do for their own best interest, but I'm sure annoying to him, particularly when he knows his conference has the more desirable schools, of course that is also the root cause of his conferences instability.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is in much better shape on this than people realize. There's no way the current B12 teams are going to want to be dragged into a majority of west coast time zone situations and end up with that ball and chain. They're doing a tv deal right now, and can pick and choose offering some of those P12 teams. They'll end up a winner in this as they have a better overall fball and bball product right now and without out a doubt once you drop Usc and Ucla. Their new commissioner is a pretty sharp guy as well. They don't have Bowlsby weighing them down.
More Easterners don’t realize how close Phoenix and Houston are to Texas and how far they are away from Washington and Oregon
I see Cal / Stanford as much more acceptable to the B1G than Oregon and Washington.

Reaction Score
More Easterners don’t realize how close Phoenix and Houston are to Texas and how far they are away from Washington and Oregon
I see Cal / Stanford as much more acceptable to the B1G than Oregon and Washington.
I presume you meant Tucson, since most Easterners are under the impression that Houston is pretty damn close to Texas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I presume you meant Tucson, since most Easterners are under the impression that Houston is pretty damn close to Texas.
Thank You
Of course that should be Tucson the I 10 corridor
Connects Phoenix , Tucson with Houston cutting through the heart of that State.
Given the geographical challenged youth of today are you sure you would bet on most Easterners knowing Houston was in Texas.?

Reaction Score
That’s why schedules back then were dominated by games against those in your more regional league.
Yes, that was my point. Look at the Big Ten when it eas a regional league, or the Ivies, or the old PAC 8. They were still traveling at 60 mph once there were interstates, but construction on those didn’t even begin until the mid 1950s.

Planes today travel at 600 mpg. So, at 60 mph, a 300 mile trip took as long as a 3000 mile trip today.

Reaction Score
Yes, that was my point. Look at the Big Ten when it eas a regional league, or the Ivies, or the old PAC 8. They were still traveling at 60 mph once there were interstates, but construction on those didn’t even begin until the mid 1950s.

Planes today travel at 600 mpg. So, at 60 mph, a 300 mile trip took as long as a 3000 mile trip today.
You are forgetting time getting to the airport (fewer, farther away, more traffic) and flight delays.

Reaction Score
You are forgetting time getting to the airport (fewer, farther away, more traffic) and flight delays.
No, I’m not forgetting that. Do you think that they didn’t spend time getting to the train station 100 years ago when Harvard traveled to Philly or Princeton traveled to Hanover, NH? And that they didn’t run into delays on buses traveling from Providence to Ithaca? Think of what it was like going from Iowa City to Ann Arbor, MI or Columbus, OH to Madison, WI. Think of the trips in the old Yankee Conference to Orono, ME and Burlington, VT in the days before interstates - or even with interstates.

As far as flight delays are concerned, USC and UCLA will not be traveling commercial. With the kind of money they’ll be taking in in the B1G, charter is the only way they’ll be traveling. The only delays they’ll face will be weather related, which has always been a problem regardless of the mode of transportation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom