Open Schollie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Open Schollie

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Between the Borges article quoting Espinosa saying “I give UConn a lot of credit” in regards to how this situation was handled and the brand consultant, I say this: Hurley is showing how much he cares through action and the groundwork is there for a return to relevance in a significant way. Can’t wait.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Between the Borges article quoting Espinosa saying “I give UConn a lot of credit” in regards to how this situation was handled and the brand consultant, I say this: Hurley is showing how much he cares through action and the groundwork is there for a return to relevance in a significant way. Can’t wait.

Turns out running people off with an iron fist might not be the only way to manage a program.

Reaction Score
David Borges @DaveBorges 2 minutes ago
Just spoke with Mamadou Diarra, who says he's content with his decision and felt #UConn coaching staff handled situation great. "I decided to make the decision now, where I had an opportunity to start a new career path and stay with the program that I love."
I'm glad he didn't feel pushed out but he definitely sounds let down understandably he couldn't help UCONN on the floor this year. Poor guy but maybe he can keep his knees well enough so he won't have issues walking as he gets older.

Reaction Score
“A couple of years down the line, I don’t know how much my knees could hold up,” he said. “It’s almost to the point of bone-on-bone right now. I decided to make the decision now, where I had the opportunity to start a new career path and stay with a program I love.”

Yikes playing with no cartilage would have been painful for him.

Reaction Score
Any reason why you think that?

Timing, the fact we posted to him yesterday on instagram, how hard we worked to open a scholarship, how interested we have been in him for a long time, his other primary schools expect him to reclass, the team projected to be in the lead for him (Kentucky) doesn't have room for him to play, our other competition is Rutgers and the field.........he is not a secondary choice he would be a primary get and someone you would clear a scholly for if you thought you could open that scholly to get him on campus

Reaction Score
Timing, the fact we posted to him yesterday on instagram, how hard we worked to open a scholarship, how interested we have been in him for a long time, his other primary schools expect him to reclass, the team projected to be in the lead for him (Kentucky) doesn't have room for him to play, our other competition is Rutgers and the field....he is not a secondary choice he would be a primary get and someone you would clear a scholly for if you thought you could open that scholly to get him on campus
what are you referring to on insta?

Really wouldn’t encourage you to get your hopes up on Omoruyi coming here in either class.

Reaction Score
We are now at 10 players eligible for next year. They are not going to hold the 11th scholarship open. If you can't get a big you're high on, you use the schollie for the best one-year player (grad transfer or player agreeing to leave after 1 year a la Rob Garrison) you can get.

Reaction Score
what are you referring to on insta?

Really wouldn’t encourage you to get your hopes up on Omoruyi coming here in either class.

Ohhh my hopes are already up. As a big time insider who has never been wrong on any prediction, mark it down he's coming and it will be for 2019!

See you this weekend Cliff, with docs for you to sign!

Attachments

• UCONN.jpg
    UCONN.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 468
Reaction Score
Ohhh my hopes are already up. As a big time insider who has never been wrong on any prediction, mark it down he's coming and it will be for 2019!

See you this weekend Cliff, with docs for you to sign!

I would assume we sent that to every recruit we're on and he just happened to share it.

This also gives no indication of a 2019 reclass

Reaction Score
Timing, the fact we posted to him yesterday on instagram, how hard we worked to open a scholarship, how interested we have been in him for a long time, his other primary schools expect him to reclass, the team projected to be in the lead for him (Kentucky) doesn't have room for him to play, our other competition is Rutgers and the field....he is not a secondary choice he would be a primary get and someone you would clear a scholly for if you thought you could open that scholly to get him on campus

@Zionn you want to take this one or should I do it?

Reaction Score
If this Cliff rumor burns out, Idaho State's Kelvin Jones could be a reasonable one-year gap option as a grad transfer. 6'11 230 who last year averaged 9.9p, 5.6r, 1.5b in 20 mpg.

Watching his highlights, he is strictly a post player who is on the skinny side, but has wide shoulders and precise, but slow footwork. Also doesn't seem afraid to play physically.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This also gives no indication of a 2019 reclass
[/QUOTE]

Courier Journal (Kentucky Paper)

"Rivals recently reported four-star forward Clifford Omoruyi, a former high school teammate of Whitney who picked up a UK offer in April, needs just two credits to graduate this summer."

Kentucky:
Omoruyi — a 6-10 center from Nigeria, now playing for the New Jersey alma mater of Isaiah Briscoe and Kahlil Whitney — needs only a couple of summer courses for his high school graduation, but it seems unlikely he’d get much playing time next season with Richards, Sestina and Montgomery on the roster. Rivals.com ranks Omoruyi as the No. 55 player in the 2020 class, and he averaged 11.8 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game on the Nike circuit this spring.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are now at 10 players eligible for next year. They are not going to hold the 11th scholarship open. If you can't get a big you're high on, you use the schollie for the best one-year player (grad transfer or player agreeing to leave after 1 year a la Rob Garrison) you can get.

Garrison transferred after two years though. I'd doubt you'd find a kid who would be willing to play for a year as a freshman and the transfer after his first year. Nor do I think Hurley would accept that type of arrangement.

Reaction Score
Someone says something bold- "stop getting your hopes up"

Someone says something vague- "Is that even a prediction?"

You are playing the odds......I'm saying everything I'm seeing from his outward posts, to news papers at multiple outlets, to timing on our side including continuing to recruit him while now suddenly having a unsurprising open scholarship, to Kentucky not having room for him next year SEEM to be pointing in the right direction.

That is all real but sure there is nothing concrete saying he's going to be a husky or reclass yet......that's what makes it bold/prediction!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I mean, from his perspective, why wouldn't you reclass and come here if Kentucky isn't an option? Why would he want to go back to high school for another year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom