Open Schollie | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Open Schollie

Reaction Score
Timing is interesting. Why not sooner? Why now? Is it really news that he wasn't going to be able to play. Sure by itself it could be just coincidence. Everything else considered....

There is a pretty significant paperwork process that had to be submitted to the NCAA confirming MD could no longer play for medical reasons to enable MD to stay on the schollie he is on but have it not count in the number allowed per season. Once the application was accepted by the NCAA, a schollie was opened up for use. You know the NCAA & processing paperwork for UConn.....

Reaction Score
Oh I'm not so sure if you read between the lines:

Jack Pilgrim@JackPilgrimKSR

2020 four-star center Cliff Omoruyi says Kentucky was his dream school growing up, “started jumping up and down” when Coach Cal said he was visiting and offered a scholarship.

I wonder if a Kentucky beat writer would be biased?

Reaction Score
Yes, they even locked that record breaking “The Grind” thread after just a couple of days and 24k views. It turned out to be correct.
24k? DAM! That’s impressive. Now that’s an achievement you can hang your hat on.

Chiep is really impressed with insider matrim55. Nothing casual about him. That dude knows his stuff. Likes/message ratio of 3.11. Young Chiep is a piddly 2.2. Ah, maybe some day. That is if this kinda info is how you measure success.

Seriously, keep up the good work matrim. Do you think there’s anything to this round of big speculation?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
24k? DAM! That’s impressive. Now that’s an achievement you can hang your hat on.

Chiep is really impressed with insider matrim55. Nothing casual about him. That dude knows his stuff. Likes/message ratio of 3.11. Young Chiep is a piddly 2.2. Ah, maybe some day. That is if this kinda info is how you measure success.

Seriously, keep up the good work matrim. Do you think there’s anything to this round of big speculation?
I’m just here for the like/message ratio.
And so I don’t get fined.

Reaction Score
I like to hear from those who thought Hurley was weak/wrong for not running anyone off the team. Any second thoughts now?
Not weak but I think it would have been better for us and for Whaley if he went to a lower level and we brought in Ntambwe.

Reaction Score
I like to hear from those who thought Hurley was weak/wrong for not running anyone off the team. Any second thoughts now?
Nope, I still think it was the right thing to do. But it doesn't matter, Hurley didn't think so and he'll build the program back up this way

Reaction Score
Manuel is legit too. Best center we’ve landed in a while(if he comes). He’s improved so much since Roselle catholic. JUCO was pretty good last year top to bottom, which is why so many JUCO kids landed high major scholarships. Manuel was 10th in the country in rebounds and 17th in blocked shots while outside of the top 250 in minutes played, he was impressive.
Manual is 6’10”
Carlton is 6’10
Akok 6’”9
Polley 6’8” ( he actually looked bigger in the picture with Bazz)
Whaley 6’8”
Wilson 6’7”
Bouknight 6’6”
Adams 6’5”
I love our length.we will block a bunch of shots this year.
Backup PG worries me a bit
Gilbert health wise
Gaffney experience
Can CV give us dome minutes there?

Reaction Score
Manual is 6’10”
Carlton is 6’10
Akok 6’”9
Whaley 6’8”
Wilson 6’7”
Bouknight 6’6”
Adams 6’5”
Gilbert health wise
Gaffney experience
Bouk ain't 6'6 and Adams ain't 6'5.

Reaction Score
Manual is 6’10”
Carlton is 6’10
Akok 6’”9
Whaley 6’8”
Wilson 6’7”
Bouknight 6’6”
Adams 6’5”
Gilbert health wise
Gaffney experience
Manuel? Manual? You’re listing this guy on our roster? Who is he and if you’ve listedhim that means he’s 90% committed?

Reaction Score
OK I just looked him up, he bailed on Mullen who left St. john’s. It’s not like we can’t use a 3 star of his size 6’9” 225 desperately to back up Carlton now, but the way you posted it’s like he has committed. What info do you have?

Reaction Score
OK I just looked him up, he bailed on Mullen who left St. john’s. It’s not like we can’t use a 3 star of his size 6’9” 225 desperately to back up Carlton now, but the way you posted it’s like he has committed. What info do you have?
He's coming here academics permitting.

Reaction Score
Manual is 6’10”
Carlton is 6’10
Akok 6’”9
Whaley 6’8”
Wilson 6’7”
Bouknight 6’6”
Adams 6’5”
Gilbert health wise
Gaffney experience

"Dome" minutes should be addressed on the Syracuse board.:rolleyes:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Does this mean the grind has now stopped? :eek:

@The Funster

Reaction Score
MD is a legend in my eyes and is now becomes an integral part of the rebuild both opening up the scholarship for us and becoming a coach. He could end up being the face of the rebuild. Imagine being a 21 year old kid and being told you can’t play basketball competitively anymore? A sport a few years ago you thought you were going to make a living playing.
Full agreement!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom