OT: - Open Championship | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Open Championship

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Now paying for announcers too, that’s hilarious. Still not gonna get people to watch.

I think that is right. Viewership in US will take years before it ever has the possibility of catching on.

That being said, I don't know if LIV is going after America or if it is focusing on Asia and Middle East.

Chuck Barkley is supposedly listening to offers too. Curious if TNT pulls him off NBA coverage if he strikes a deal with LIV.

Reaction Score
Nice simple move at the top. He should be around for a long time

Reaction Score
He definitely didn’t sink putts but the suggestion that his putting doesn’t work on the tour is just bonkers.
Gets more birdie chances than most, makes a few and you think he’s good. Average on the tour is still pretty good. The fact that he had no 3-putts Sunday was remarkable. That he had no 1-putts was equally remarkable. I like the guy, and was rooting for him. Nothing personal.

Reaction Score
Gets more birdie chances than most, makes a few and you think he’s good. Average on the tour is still pretty good. The fact that he had no 3-putts Sunday was remarkable. That he had no 1-putts was equally remarkable. I like the guy, and was rooting for him. Nothing personal.
He was top ten on the entire PGA tour in strokes gained putting average this season. He clearly lost the Open on Sunday because of his putter (and Cam's), but your suggestion that he's "average" is not borne out by the stats. There's also a very solid argument that he was the best overall player on tour this season, so beyond that, any suggestion that his putting "doesn't work" on the tour feels like a pretty significantly reactionary and unsupportable hot take.

Reaction Score
He had birdie chances but most were much longer than Cam’s. Having a birdie op from 12 ft is very diff than from 30. His putter wasn’t hot and his irons left him with too many long birdie puts IMO.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He had birdie chances but most were much longer than Cam’s. Having a birdie op from 12 ft is very diff than from 30. His putter wasn’t hot and his irons left him with too many long birdie puts IMO.

And those longer birdie putts were due to (1) driving ball so far he could get enough spin on second shot to keep it near the hole, (2) driving to wrong side of the fairway to not give an angle where a shot will end up anywhere near the hole, (3) some average shots when precision was required.

I will say this, 90%+ of PGA tour players could hit every green in regulation if that was the only thing they were trying to do. No joke. If you put a PGA player on most any PGA track and said the only requirement for the day is to hit every GIR, they can do that.

Reaction Score
He was top ten on the entire PGA tour in strokes gained putting average this season. He clearly lost the Open on Sunday because of his putter (and Cam's), but your suggestion that he's "average" is not borne out by the stats. There's also a very solid argument that he was the best overall player on tour this season, so beyond that, any suggestion that his putting "doesn't work" on the tour feels like a pretty significantly reactionary and unsupportable hot take.
Chill. My opinion isn’t worth your reactionary and unsupportable hot take.

Reaction Score
IMO--On that particular Sunday--Open Sunday.. Rory was hitting greens in regulation.. The greens were double greens and what killed him was his proximity to the hole for his first putts. Lag putts most of the time. I thought Rory was focused on beating Victor on the front 9-- Cam's back 9 was epic by historical standards for an Open and it was over.

Rory's strategy was similar to Tiger/Jack strategy for Sunday.. Play smart/conservatively(par golf) and let the pack chase you/come to you. The pack (Cam S and Cam Y) caught up and passed him.. End of story

Reaction Score
Rory wedge game is what cost him. Drove the ball beautifully. Just didn't hit the wedges close enough. Season long statistics bear that out. It's really the only so-called weakness in his game right now.

Reaction Score
Chill. My opinion isn’t worth your reactionary and unsupportable hot take.
Don't be that guy... I'm quite chill, I'm just having a discussion on a message board and providing the stats to show why your point was incorrect. Don't try to flip this around as me needing to "chill" instead of addressing the points.

Reaction Score
Southington’s Rob Labritz first year eligible for champions tour —teeing it up at Gleneagles in their Open Championship . played w Els in 2nd to last group on Sun for their US Open

Reaction Score
Don't be that guy... I'm quite chill, I'm just having a discussion on a message board and providing the stats to show why your point was incorrect. Don't try to flip this around as me needing to "chill" instead of addressing the points.
36 putts Sunday. I rest my case.

Reaction Score
36 putts Sunday. I rest my case.
If you’re changing your point to Rory being an average putter on this specific Sunday, you’re not going to draw any disagreement from me. I was referring to original point that he’s an average PGA putter overall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom