OT: - Open Championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Open Championship

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cam Young shoots a 65 today and finishes second for the tournament.
He was the second best player named "Cam" in his twosome today.

Tough break.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If someone told me before my next round that I'd two-putt every single hole, I'd happily take that.

Poor Rory. Starts the day with 4 stroke lead, hits every green in reg, shoots 2 under par, ends up 3rd. I hope he ties on a good drunk tonight.

Reaction Score
Cam Smith had one of the best back 9s in a final round of a Major championship! His 2 putts on 17 and the lag on 18 were phenomenal under pressure. Congrats to him!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Cam Smith had one of the best back 9s in a final round of a Major championship! His 2 putts on 17 and the lag on 18 were phenomenal under pressure. Congrats to him!
He shot a 30 (-6) on the final nine. I don't know if anyone's ever done better in a major.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Smith went out and got it.
We need to move the pga back to late august.

Nah. With golf now an Olympic sport it can't be in August.

Sets up nicely with the majors done in July FedEx playoffs in August and Ryder Cup in September. I won't pretend anyone cares about President Cup.

March - TPC
April- The Master's
May- PGA
June- US Open
July- Open
Aug- FedEx
Sep- Ryder Cup

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nah. With golf now an Olympic sport it can't be in August.

Sets up nicely with the majors done in July FedEx playoffs in August and Ryder Cup in September. I won't pretend anyone cares about President Cup.

March - TPC
April- The Master's
May- PGA
June- US Open
July- Open
Aug- FedEx
Sep- Ryder Cup
The Cams in match play in a President's Cup would be appointment TV for me.

Reaction Score
As much as the NBC broadcast team was promoting Rory's corronation as a five time major champion from the start of the tourney, I was not disappointed that Cam Smith wound up winning...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All major winners were under age 30 this year. Take out Phil winning PGA in 2021 and it would be six or seven in row.

Reaction Score
If someone told me before my next round that I'd two-putt every single hole, I'd happily take that.

Poor Rory. Starts the day with 4 stroke lead, hits every green in reg, shoots 2 under par, ends up 3rd. I hope he ties on a good drunk tonight.
Hovland dragged him down.

Reaction Score
36 putts by Rory is all you need to know. The mullet can flat out use the flat stick. The par from behind the bunker on 17 was an unbelievable 4 and the winner.
Tough day for Rory. He was hitting some real good putts that just barely missed but Cam made those.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
36 putts by Rory is all you need to know. The mullet can flat out use the flat stick. The par from behind the bunker on 17 was an unbelievable 4 and the winner.

And 3 or 4 of them were right at the cup.

Once you get beyond 15' there is luck as much as skill making those putts.
Rory didn't hit any bad putts, he just couldn't get them to drop.

Reaction Score
So.. Whoever replaces Stenson as European Ryder Cup Captain.. And if there are no more LIV defections within their ranks.. Pretty good core with Cam Smith/Hovland/Rory/Rahm/Matt Fitz to name a few..

Found it interesting that as good a putter Cam S is/was.. He didn't have any alignment lines/help on his putter head.. Monochrome.. Unusual in this day and age of visual keys on the head.

Reaction Score
So.. Whoever replaces Stenson as European Ryder Cup Captain.. And if there are no more LIV defections within their ranks.. Pretty good core with Cam Smith/Hovland/Rory/Rahm/Matt Fitz to name a few..

Found it interesting that as good a putter Cam S is/was.. He didn't have any alignment lines/help on his putter head.. Monochrome.. Unusual in this day and age of visual keys on the head.

Cam Smith can be on the Presidents Cup but not the Ryder Cup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ry7

Top Bottom