OT: - Open Championship | The Boneyard

OT: Open Championship

Reaction Score
Surprised not to see this posted yet. 150th Open starts in a few hours. Will we see a shootout the likes of Tigers -19? Or will it get Shinny level burnt out and will they lose the course, much to ZJs dismay.
Clearly going to be an iron players course, as always, but amplified by the firm and fast greens. Love Morikawa again for his second. Looking at A back end top 40 for Tiger as best case scenario.
Prediction
-14, Morikawa by 2 strokes over Lowry and Rahm

Reaction Score
In my 1/done I’m in between Cam Smith and Tommy Fleetwood

Tiger said the fairways are faster than the greens. If the ball rolls out like it could and the wind is somewhat up we will have appointment viewing each day

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm off on vacation and haven't had a moment to think about it. With the time difference, I won't be able to really watch any of it.
Spieth is playing pretty well lately. Let's give him another Open Championship.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It would be nice for the Traveler's.

I think Xander is as good as bet as anyone. 3-4 years ago I thought Xander was good for 5-6 majors in his career. Last year or so I thought he was going the Sergio and Rickie route of racking up top-10's and hordes of cash.

He's a player who can go on a heater and he appears to be in the middle of one right now.

That being said, I have Rahmbo in a pool with some friends, so I'm pulling for him.

Fitzpatrick seems like such a sucker bet right now.

Reaction Score
Surprised not to see this posted yet. 150th Open starts in a few hours. Will we see a shootout the likes of Tigers -19? Or will it get Shinny level burnt out and will they lose the course, much to ZJs dismay.
Clearly going to be an iron players course, as always, but amplified by the firm and fast greens. Love Morikawa again for his second. Looking at A back end top 40 for Tiger as best case scenario.
Prediction
-14, Morikawa by 2 strokes over Lowry and Rahm
Chamblee and McGinley are talking sbout the number of par 4s that will be driven (with any luck). Sounds like a putting contest.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No truly Scottish weather expected. Will be warm, light rain Thurs/Fri, winds fairly consistent all 4 rounds, although early forecast has some gusty winds Saturday afternoon. With that kind of benign weather, I'd expect something between -13 to -15 to take the cup.

I'm gonna go with Joaquin Niemann.

Annoyed USA doesn't start coverage till 4am here. Will miss John Daly's first holes. Always wanted to see Santa Claus play golf.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
No truly Scottish weather expected. Will be warm, light rain Thurs/Fri, winds fairly consistent all 4 rounds, although early forecast has some gusty winds Saturday afternoon. With that kind of benign weather, I'd expect something between -13 to -15 to take the cup.

Annoyed USA doesn't start coverage till 4am here. Will miss John Daly's first holes. Always wanted to see Santa Claus play golf.
Peacock has the early stream.

Reaction Score

I'm slightly concerned we're just going to have a birdie-fest. I assume they'll go a little more aggressive on pin placements to keep things interesting.

Reaction Score
It was late when I caught this thread last night but just checking the leaderboard I'm pretty shocked that Ernie Els is in at -4 but not so shocked that another vet Lee Westwood is -4. I don't think Lee wins the tournament but I wouldn't count him out to be in the top 10 this weekend. He's extremely good on these kinds of courses still, and has a lot of experience here.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It was late when I caught this thread last night but just checking the leaderboard I'm pretty shocked that Ernie Els is in at -4 but not so shocked that another vet Lee Westwood is -4. I don't think Lee wins the tournament but I wouldn't count him out to be in the top 10 this weekend. He's extremely good on these kinds of courses still, and has a lot of experience here.
Cut line is top 70 plus ties. So it's very possible Daly (+1) plays the weekend!

Reaction Score
I can only hope and pray for Justin Thomas' outfit to die an awful death today.
It's an abomination to adulthood.
Gonna be a big difference in how people view his outfit choice based on age range I think. I'm here for it. Looks real comfortable and I love guys normalizing a more casual game. Extra points for doing it right in front of the R&A.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Gonna be a big difference in how people view his outfit choice based on age range I think. I'm here for it. Looks real comfortable and I love guys normalizing a more casual game. Extra points for doing it right in front of the R&A.
I was impressed with Cam Young not only dressing for Wimbledon, but also sporting an MLB logo.

Also, Hovland's shirt is hideous.

Reaction Score
I picked Fleetwood over Cam Smith. Whoops!
6 and a half hour rounds. Brutal for the players

Reaction Score
I picked Fleetwood over Cam Smith. Whoops!
6 and a half hour rounds. Brutal for the players

Listening to 92 Sirius on the way home they couldn’t believe how slow it was. They said no reason for 6.5 hours... that is dreadful

Reaction Score
Listening to 92 Sirius on the way home they couldn’t believe how slow it was. They said no reason for 6.5 hours... that is dreadful
Lots of drivable holes and players crossing to get better angles.

Reaction Score
Bottlenecks at the turn. Too many crossings. They probably need to limit the field going forward.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bottlenecks at the turn. Too many crossings. They probably need to limit the field going forward.
Doesn’t matter to me when watching/listening as they jump around with players/shots. If u didn’t tell me I would have no idea how long the round took

Doesn't help with all the driveable Par 4's and almost every Par 5 being a two shot hole.

18 played 345 yards and players were driving the green with 3-woods, hybrids and driving irons. That will always slow down play.

Reaction Score
Doesn't help with all the driveable Par 4's and almost every Par 5 being a two shot hole.

18 played 345 yards and players were driving the green with 3-woods, hybrids and driving irons. That will always slow down play.

I could hit the ball 300 there this week. Of course I'd have to kill it LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ry7

Top Bottom