Ono getting bigger? | The Boneyard

Ono getting bigger?

Reaction Score

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If Westbrook is 6' then Adebayo must be at least 6'1". I read where she is 5'11". How tall is she? If she is at least 6' then UConn should be fine in their rebounding game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Evelyn is going to be a Beast this year. Watching her 28 pt effort vs the LV’s last season was something to behold. Against the much bigger LV’s she was unstoppable both inside and out, continually getting inside position with a combination of strength, effort and an array of remarkable moves straight off the playground.

Can the season start tomorrow....Please?

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Evelyn is going to be a Beast this year. Watching her 28 pt effort vs the LV’s last season was something to behold. Against the much bigger LV’s she was unstoppable both inside and out, continually getting inside position with a combination of strength, effort and an array of remarkable moves straight off the playground.

Haven’t you heard? A good performance against TN means you’re a superstar transfer.

Reaction Score

OOOOO I hope all you say is true as she plays for Uconn. . There is nothing Uconn needs more. Geno has everything else.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I sense a hint of skepticism in your post. For what it’s worth, Murray St played 3 P5 teams last season: IL, KY & TN. Evelyn came up big in all 3 games, going for 20+ in each game.

Geno recruited her for a reason. It was not like bringing in Nat, just to get some size off the bench. If Evina’s waiver request is not granted, I believe Evelyn will very likely be the 5th starter on this year’s team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
---It is yet to be proven whether U Tenn will be a force for Uconn to Recon with. Uconn does not hang a star on anyone since kelly Faris had ONE great game! then tanked, Geno cheered then wondered.
Evelyn if she plays as she did at home will be a welcome asset.
Nice picture of 3 (can't say BY PC) nice kids. ONO is ONLY starting to impress.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's 5 o'clock somewhere!! Orange juice? What ever it may be thses kids are enjoying the day. ONO is still growing both ways. She is very very special especially for Uconn.

My tea reference was motivated by Evelyn's British background and the idea that a senior international might be passing on some charming cultural habits. :)

Reaction Score
If Westbrook is 6' then Adebayo must be at least 6'1". I read where she is 5'11". How tall is she? If she is at least 6' then UConn should be fine in their rebounding game.

Don't understand how a difference of one inch in one player can mean that UConn is suddenly "fine in the rebounding game." Perhaps our obsession with "bigs" has jumped the shark. (I jest, it long ago jumped the shark). :cool:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I sense a hint of skepticism in your post. For what it’s worth, Murray St played 3 P5 teams last season: IL, KY & TN. Evelyn came up big in all 3 games, going for 20+ in each game.
Geno recruited her for a reason. It was not like bringing in Nat, just to get some size off the bench. If Evina’s waiver request is not granted, I believe Evelyn will very likely be the 5th starter on this year’s team.
My skepticism is two fold, neither of which has anything to do with Geno's judgement which is exponentially better than mine. 1) Three games against TN, IL, and KY are not very adequate bench marks from which to evaluate a potential UCONN starter. 2) Our expectations: Appropriate you should mentioned Nat because although she was a solid contributor she never lived up to some of "our" lofty expectations. A very good or even great player for Murray State or Gardner-Webb ( Evelyn's other college ) might not necessarily equal a good contributor or starter in the stratosphere that is UCONN WBB.
IMO Batouly Camara (if healthy) or even Kyla Irwin are the best options as the 5th starter for UCONN because they have each spent 4 years in the UCONN system which is not exactly trivial to learn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don't understand how a difference of one inch in one player can mean that UConn is suddenly "fine in the rebounding game." Perhaps our obsession with "bigs" has jumped the shark. (I jest, it long ago jumped the shark). :cool:
As we learned from Gabby, when it comes to rebounding, it’s not so much a player’s size as it is the size of her heart.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My skepticism is two fold, neither of which has anything to do with Geno's judgement which is exponentially better than mine. 1) Three games against TN, IL, and KY are not very adequate bench marks from which to evaluate a potential UCONN starter. 2) Our expectations: Appropriate you should mentioned Nat because although she was a solid contributor she never lived up to some of "our" lofty expectations. A very good or even great player for Murray State or Gardner-Webb ( Evelyn's other college ) might not necessarily equal a good contributor or starter in the stratosphere that is UCONN WBB.
IMO Batouly Camara (if healthy) or even Kyla Irwin are the best options as the 5th starter for UCONN because they have each spent 4 years in the UCONN system which is not exactly trivial to learn.
I do agree that it will take some time for Evelyn to get comfortable in UConn’s system, and during that period of time it’s possible that Touly or Kyla may be better options, assuming that Evina’s waiver is not granted. But if a freshman can learn UConn’s system and start, certainly a talented 5th year senior can also figure things out after a few games. As for Touly & Kyla, while I hope to be proven wrong, there are still concerns about their health and athleticism respectively.

As for 3 games vs P5’s being a small sample size, I view it much differently than you. In each of 3 road games, against much better opponents, when Murray St was completely outclassed, Evelyn took it on her shoulders to step up and compete at the highest level. Any halfway decent player can have a good game vs a cupcake schedule. The really talented players save their best games for the toughest opponents.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I do agree that it will take some time for Evelyn to get comfortable in UConn’s system, and during that period of time it’s possible that Touly or Kyla may be better options, assuming that Evina’s waiver is not granted. But if a freshman can learn UConn’s system and start, certainly a talented 5th year senior can also figure things out after a few games. As for Touly & Kyla, while I hope to be proven wrong, there are still concerns about their health and athleticism respectively.

As for 3 games vs P5’s being a small sample size, I view it much differently than you. In each of 3 road games, against much better opponents, when Murray St was completely outclassed, Evelyn took it on her shoulders to step up and compete at the highest level. Any halfway decent player can have a good game vs a cupcake schedule. The really talented players save their best games for the toughest opponents.
That was no ordinary freshmen that was able to pick things up and start for UCONN last year. Besides, who was Christyn competing against for a starting SG spot?
Murray State was 13-17 last year with first three loses were to Butler, Arkansas State, and Alabama A&M. In the context of being a "potential UCONN WBB starter" which of those would you consider a "tough opponent"? I suppose Butler would qualify as a good mid major.
Murray State margins of defeat: Butler (-21), Illinois (-32), TN (-22), & Kentucky (-39)
My main point is that at UCONN Evelyn is about to take a significant leap up from the level of competition she has faced in her previous 4 years of playing college ball. I wish her well. Evelyn is off to a great start-see @RockyMTblue2 post about her being in "UCONN shape".

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That was no ordinary freshmen that was able to pick things up and start for UCONN last year. Besides, who was Christyn competing against for a starting SG spot?
Murray State was 13-17 last year with first three loses were to Butler, Arkansas State, and Alabama A&M. In the context of being a "potential UCONN WBB starter" which of those would you consider a "tough opponent"? I suppose Butler would qualify as a good mid major.
Murray State margins of defeat: Butler (-21), Illinois (-32), TN (-22), & Kentucky (-39)
My main point is that at UCONN Evelyn is about to take a significant leap up from the level of competition she has faced in her previous 4 years of playing college ball. I wish her well. Evelyn is off to a great start-see @RockyMTblue2 post about her being in "UCONN shape".
Someone is going to have to be the 5th starter. Absent Evina, I would love for that person to be Touly, but I just don’t have much faith that her chronically bad knees will allow her to play significant minutes. The next best option in my mind is Evelyn.

As for the teams that Murray St lost to, let me be clear. Evelyn was a very good player on a very bad Murray St team. She could end up being the “Roger Maris” of WBB. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My tea reference was motivated by Evelyn's British background and the idea that a senior international might be passing on some charming cultural habits. :)
Hooliganism??? :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom