only 20 mpg, yet climbing the big east stat leaders board. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

only 20 mpg, yet climbing the big east stat leaders board.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Stats aside he dribbled the damn ball into a loss last night IMO. I'd rather he toss a clunker up so at least there is a hope of points than run the clock out with PC up.

Reaction Score
The other piece of this is that he has been terrible defensively. The opposition's game plan appears to be go right at him once he enters the game, and it has worked. Quick, strong guards either go right by him or bully him. Even when he plays good D he gets no respect from the refs and it's called a foul.

Reaction Score
I still believe in Gaff. We’re barely 10 games into the season. I’m more worried about how he’s being used by DH, it seems quirky and disjointed. Gaff gets so much junk from our fans, it’s unbelievable. If the rook gets some run and does better, so be it. But for my money, I’m betting we’re gonna need Gaff down the road. He’ll be fine.

Reaction Score
The fact he was in the game at the end when it counted at all is beyond head scratching. I mean no coach in his right mind would have a guy in that situation who’s turned it over 5 times, hasn’t made a positive play on either end in the game. I mean please explain what he’s thinking?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
14 minutes.
2 assists, 2nd for the team.
what does that say aboot the rest of the squad?
14 minutes. play jmoney more.
and now,
Clarissa-Explains-It-All-clarissa-explains-it-all-20688951-640-480.png

i find it fascinating that in the same week, elon gets 'man of the year' accolades while the BY realizes typo is useless, 13 years in.
enlightenment!
no, jmoney didn't play well in the seconds he was given, but again, 14 minutes is hard to understand.
all problems solved:
coach said in camp, 'ball goes thru adama.' he was correct cuz, umm, you know, interior offense. for now, and other than o boards, no adama, no interior offense. get well soon adama.
take typo, place him in one of elon's rockets, and send him to mars. several decades in, still no
boards,
dimes,
handle,
blocks,
steals,
superior shooting,
or grit.
im pretty sure they tell me that he's 6'9'', but i don't believe it. shouldn't any 6'9'' player feel a sense of urgency yesterday to get in there, especially when providence was making a joke of our interior defense, and body up? or at least whack someone? how aboot rotating on a penetrator and cuffing that shot? once?
conclusion:
launch typo out of the scheme. give those minutes to someone else.
reasonably expect adama to return, and tmart to shake the rust.
as far as complaints with coach, i don't have any except for the typo thing, tho i feel that trying samson for a bit yesterday may have improved our interior d issue.
this thread is aboot jmoney tho and to be fair, he didn't play well.
still, 14 minutes...
pro tips:
-dopey announcer not named donny, says 'i don't understand why everyone is slipping? that only happens when it's warm outside, and it's not warm today.' moron. anyone who knows our local climate, knows that it was smarmy yesterday (12/18/21!). horses sweating up a storm. a healthy person moving around outside for more than ten minutes? wet. too many folks spending all their time inside. clueless.
it's why tmart cramped up after not playing for a while. leaking fluids cuz of the ambient atmosphere. period. duh. me yesterday, 'can someone in here turn on the ac? or at least the dehumidifier?' mg, 'we're not indoor people, deal with it!'
- i don't expect it but if jalen starts to feel time dissed here by season's end, which is a million miles away, well, let's just say that most of the 350 d1 teams could be calling. he's got 2 years left.
joshy's stock has risen significantly since he said 'thanks, but no thanks.'
no broad attack on us, as im not overly concerned that things won't settle down once we're whole, and typo is on that rocket to st. elsewhere. (i've never seen this show, but i understand that for some boomers, it means sumthing.)

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I still believe in Gaff. We’re barely 10 games into the season. I’m more worried about how he’s being used by DH, it seems quirky and disjointed. Gaff gets so much junk from our fans, it’s unbelievable. If the rook gets some run and does better, so be it. But for my money, I’m betting we’re gonna need Gaff down the road. He’ll be fine.
manly. prescient. stepping up when the chips are down.
awesomesauce!

Reaction Score
The fact he was in the game at the end when it counted at all is beyond head scratching. I mean no coach in his right mind would have a guy in that situation who’s turned it over 5 times, hasn’t made a positive play on either end in the game. I mean please explain what he’s thinking?
Hurley likes his vets. He’s too stuck on certain lineups during the game and especially at the end. Maybe he’s betting they’ll learn to close as a unit and be better in March, and he’s willing to die with them. Let’s hope this is just growing pains.

Reaction Score
Hurley likes his vets. He’s too stuck on certain lineups during the game and especially at the end. Maybe he’s betting they’ll learn to close as a unit and be better in March, and he’s willing to die with them. Let’s hope this is just growing pains.
Gaffs well into his 3rd year. He’s not growing into anything at this point or at least the hope of a positive change are well down. Thinking you need to play the young people enough earlier on in the year just in case the players you hope will improve don’t. Hope coaches learn while their seasons go on.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gaffs well into his 3rd year. He’s not growing into anything at this point or at least the hope of a positive change are well down. Thinking you need to play the young people enough earlier on in the year just in case the players you hope will improve don’t. Hope coaches learn while their seasons go on.
The leash he has with gaff and Polley needs to be given to akok and Hawkins, and the leash with akok and Hawkins needs to be given to gaff and polley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom