Onion article on much loved (to hate) team | The Boneyard

Onion article on much loved (to hate) team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couldn't find any search hits on this, so not sure if the recent love (to hate) post in the Onion about America's team (to hate) got noted. Personally, it's hard for me to believe the 2011 team could top the Reddick teams.

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/excited-mike-krzyzewski-duke-squad-hasnt-been-this,26794/

100% agree with the bolded part, but I did enjoy the article. I feel as though some of my Duke hatred has gone to Kentucky since Calipari has been there.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It would be bad enough to have 3 Plumlees on one continent, let alone on one basketball team.

Reaction Score
What the h*ll was that?!?! Was that for real. As much as I don't like him or his tam, I find it hard to believe K said those things.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What the h*ll was that?!?! Was that for real. As much as I don't like him or his tam, I find it hard to believe K said those things.

Seriously? Really? No, I refuse to believe that you...really?

Wow.

Suspend yourself for 24 hours just because.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

:eek:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I feel like I did the day we first got my mom on the internet.

("I typed in weather and WWW, but it said it was an error. And then I got a message about a virus, so I pressed it and now there are naked people on the screen. I want you to take these wires out of my house.")

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You can tell your mom doesn't know much about the internet because she is unaware that there are no wires. It's a series of tubes.

Reaction Score
I think it's the 3 Plumlees that makes them supremely unlikeable.

Actually the 5 Plumlees make it hard. You see the benchwarming skinny dude all the time despite no PT and then the parents and their grills get more air time than the other teams coaching staff. Pitiful!!!.................at least Alex Murphy gets some air time sitting next to Marshall on the bench - bet he's glad he chose that school?!?!?

Reaction Score

Wait a second.......DM were you serious witht his post.............if so Fishy is being liberal with the 24 hour suspension, you need a long break.............24 hours from the board without anything and then we're going to refrain you from more than ONE sentence in all of your posts through next week. Killler!!!

And please read the Onion everyday so this does not happen again!;)

Reaction Score
It would be bad enough to have 3 Plumlees on one continent, let alone on one basketball team.[/quote

They actually call the youngest Plumlee "MP3" so that pushes this bunch over the top for me.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

K just did not see the bug stuck on the side of his nose by the Onion guy, but no, those are actual snarly quotes from a recent practice. But when you coach the best basketball team in the world and are the 7th son of the 7th superdiety, you can say those type of things.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

AreYouGullible.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger