One writer's thoughts on Caroline Ducharme | Page 8 | The Boneyard

One writer's thoughts on Caroline Ducharme

Reaction Score
I totally know what you mean. There are some games I just can't watch replays of and the Louisville game is one of them. Also the loss to Arizona two years ago. Too painful. And there's no way I can watch last year's NC game against SC. Way too painful. On the other hand, starting with Azzi's resurgence, there are some delightful games to enjoy before the BET, like the first Marquette game. I highly recommend it. And the Tennessee game. Azzi absolutely owned those teams.

Surprisingly, I still enjoy watching that ND game -- at least the first 38 minutes, before Paige's injury. But there was something wonderful about the way she turned all their foul-fakery (acting so as to get a call -- it seemed like their main tactic) against them in the second half. They got what they deserved.
I agree with you about watching a UCONN loss. My all time worst is the Mississippi State game they lost in O.T. Until the Georgia Tech game, I thought that that was the worst game I had ever seen them play. Arizona is another and I can watch the Louisville game because it was such a pleasure watching Caroline. Same with the Notre Dame game because we kicked butt. I had been watching UCONN's games since 2012. The losses of which seems to happen when we go into OT in the play-offs.

Reaction Score
I agree with you about watching a UCONN loss. My all time worst is the Mississippi State game they lost in O.T. Until the Georgia Tech game, I thought that that was the worst game I had ever seen them play. Arizona is another and I can watch the Louisville game because it was such a pleasure watching Caroline. Same with the Notre Dame game because we kicked butt. I had been watching UCONN's games since 2012. The losses of which seems to happen when we go into OT in the play-offs.
Not counting the NC State game, I assume?:)

Reaction Score
Caroline made some big mistakes in the Championship game against S. Carolina. Yes, she made
a big three and some impressive drives and put backs but her court awareness is suspect. I hope
she improves this year on offense and defense. The turnovers killed us......

Reaction Score
I expect Ayanna to beat out Caroline for a starting position. Ayanna is stronger, jumps better, is faster
and more aggressive.. We will learn about Ayanna's shoting touch, it may be better that Caroline in the
mid range. I think Caroline is a great 6th man, like John Havlichek, coming off the bench with energy
and the ability to light it up. Boston of old........still lives

Reaction Score
I expect Ayanna to beat out Caroline for a starting position. Ayanna is stronger, jumps better, is faster
and more aggressive.. We will learn about Ayanna's shoting touch, it may be better that Caroline in the
mid range. I think Caroline is a great 6th man, like John Havlichek, coming off the bench with energy
This won't happen. With every offensive basketball fundamental which is "shoot, pass, and dribble" Caroline is far superior. There is no way no way no way Ayanna has near the touch Caroline has. It's not close. How many mid range shots did he hit in that 3 on 3? I only saw highlights. I can't remember 1.

Patterson is best at the 4 this year. She can be a terrific inside player with O-Rebounding etc. And her defense which leads to running out on breaks in transition etc.

Reaction Score
I don’t see them competing against each other, I think Caroline is a much better ball handler and shooter, she has a much more varied range, and she has proven herself. Ayanna’s natural territory would seem nearer the basket, and she hasn’t played yet and still needs to learn Geno’s system. But I’m rooting for them both!

Reaction Score
Caroline made some big mistakes in the Championship game against S. Carolina. Yes, she made
a big three and some impressive drives and put backs but her court awareness is suspect. I hope
Caroline plays her heart out... And, she has a big heart, go Huskies!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hmmm . . . Sounds like she was coming off a head injury. Which she not-coincidentally was.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, Ayanna will have amazing court awareness immediately. She will easily soak up the UCONN offense and team defense systems and theie associated concepts. I'm sure she has a world of experience playing in a read and react system, Get Caroline a plush cushion for the bench. Also Dorka and Aaliyah, don't look now but superwoman is eyeing your minutes as well. Geez for sure she is the second coming of Maya The Magnificent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom