One week out from "exhibition" #1 - PC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One week out from "exhibition" #1 - PC

Reaction Score
PC's starting lineup looks like it might be ( I just chose a random game from last year, NOVA at PC. The player info is from ESPN)

G - Jalen Lindsey - 6-7 227 SR
G - Alpha Diallo - 6-7 211 SO
G - Kyron Cartwright - 5-11 185 SR
F - Bullock 6-8 225 SR
F -Emmitt Holt F 6-7 240 SR

Ours might be (player info from ESPN)

G - Jalen Adams
G - Alterique Gilbert (if Ollie wants to ease him in I can see Vital or Anderson starting)
F - Terry Larrier (same as with Gilbert, or sliding Whaley or Polley here)
F - Kwintin Williams 6-7 211 SO
C - David Onuorah 6-9 249 SR

I would love to see Gilbert and Larrier play but we have a long season ahead of us

I'm Pumped!!
Don't see Onuorah starting.

Reaction Score

Have news for you on MAL being 6'3 - 6'1 best is more like it but same with us, Gilbert at 6' and 5'10 is more like it.

Complete wrap up on team mau-surements to come later.

Reaction Score

What a classic ole Big East battle! It took the kid Phelps literally making every contested shot for PU to beat us. UConn goes on to become a blue blood while PU is relegated to the lowly mid-major dump heap we'll see next Wednesday night.

Reaction Score
I honestly have not followed PC since they broke off from the old Big East. I know they made the tournament the past few years but that's pretty much it. Who did they lose from last year?

Reaction Score
UConn men will face Providence in exhibition at Mohegan Sun

Per this article it sounds like Cooley was the one to arrange this game. He has a bullseye on our program right now and is taking dead aim. I know it's an exhibition and only one game but I think this is going to be an extremely competitive matchup. If you don't think this will be used for bragging rights and recruiting leverage you're crazy. Ed is savvy. this is a must win in my book. MUST WIN.

Reaction Score

Per this article it sounds like Cooley was the one to arrange this game. He has a bullseye on our program right now and is taking dead aim. I know it's an exhibition and only one game but I think this is going to be an extremely competitive matchup. If you don't think this will be used for bragging rights and recruiting leverage you're crazy. Ed is savvy. this is a must win in my book. MUST WIN.

Yeah, it's a really interesting dynamic to have in an exhibition game - especially the first one. Normally, we see Ollie substituting and experimenting freely in exhibitions. Does he do that here? Or does he try to win by any means necessary? I'm hoping for the latter. Plenty of time in subsequent exhibitions to experiment. Let's win this one.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt that KO tries very hard to win this game. I could see AG, JA, and TL all playing < 20 mins. No reason to get them hurt in the first game out. I expect to see a lot of the younger guys. I would bet that Cooley tries WAY harder to win. Prov ends up winning by about 10.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I highly doubt that KO tries very hard to win this game. I could see AG, JA, and TL all playing < 20 mins. No reason to get them hurt in the first game out. I expect to see a lot of the younger guys. I would bet that Cooley tries WAY harder to win. Prov ends up winning by about 10.

Reaction Score

That's the old KO mindset....He hasn't been bringing in ROTC guys to beat the piss outta our guys to take it easy against providence. Let's play ball and protect the crown as king's of New England bball. Taking an L at Mohegan to Prov is damaging to the brand. Take off the blue glasses.

Reaction Score
That's the old KO mindset....He hasn't been bringing in ROTC guys to beat the piss outta our guys to take it easy against providence. Let's play ball and protect the crown as king's of New England bball. Taking an L at Mohegan to Prov is damaging to the brand. Take off the blue glasses.

Take off the blue glasses? Don't know how that makes any sense.

Listen, I hope that KO goes all out to win this game, but I just don't see it happening because that's what the fans want.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I think the Larrier and Gilbert will be eased in to an extent. Everyone else is all hands on deck. Adams and Vital etc will be playing to win.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Wow, just reading that article now. I hate that Providence is the "home" team.

Didn’t think about it until I read these posts. Does seem as Cooley is going after UConn and Ollie as if he smells blood in the water. A couple recruits and being the home team. This game has big ramifications for the perception of the program. With that said, I don’t want our players doing anything they can’t yet due to recovery

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Didn’t think about it until I read these posts. Does seem as Cooley is going after UConn and Ollie as if he smells blood in the water. A couple recruits and being the home team. This game has big ramifications for the perception of the program. With that said, I don’t want our players doing anything they can’t yet due to recovery

Reaction Score
Providence is a dark horse to win their conference bringing back a bunch from last year. We’re picked 5th in our conference with a slew of new kids.
The pressure is on Cooley if he can’t beat a bunch of guys who recently were introduced to each other or coming off surgery that’s a black eye for them.
and their conference.
Especially if it’s obvious he is treating this as a game. Not an exhibition.
By that I mean playing the entire roster significant minutes and trying numerous combinations.
Cooley hasn’t done well under pressure. We will see if he chokes.
This is a great exibition game for both simply because competition against that level of athlete is unusual for D1 teams preseason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom