One week out from "exhibition" #1 - PC | The Boneyard

One week out from "exhibition" #1 - PC

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
PC's starting lineup looks like it might be ( I just chose a random game from last year, NOVA at PC. The player info is from ESPN)

G - Jalen Lindsey - 6-7 227 SR
G - Alpha Diallo - 6-7 211 SO
G - Kyron Cartwright - 5-11 185 SR
F - Bullock 6-8 225 SR
F -Emmitt Holt F 6-7 240 SR

Ours might be (player info from ESPN)

G - Jalen Adams
G - Alterique Gilbert (if Ollie wants to ease him in I can see Vital or Anderson starting)
F - Terry Larrier (same as with Gilbert, or sliding Whaley or Polley here)
F - Kwintin Williams 6-7 211 SO
C - David Onuorah 6-9 249 SR

I would love to see Gilbert and Larrier play but we have a long season ahead of us

I'm Pumped!!

Reaction Score
PC's starting lineup looks like it might be ( I just chose a random game from last year, NOVA at PC. The player info is from ESPN)

G - Jalen Lindsey - 6-7 227 SR
G - Alpha Diallo - 6-7 211 SO
G - Kyron Cartwright - 5-11 185 SR
F - Bullock 6-8 225 SR
F -Emmitt Holt F 6-7 240 SR

Ours might be (player info from ESPN)

G - Jalen Adams
G - Alterique Gilbert (if Ollie wants to ease him in I can see Vital or Anderson starting)
F - Terry Larrier (same as with Gilbert, or sliding Whaley or Polley here)
F - Kwintin Williams 6-7 211 SO
C - David Onuorah 6-9 249 SR

I would love to see Gilbert and Larrier play but we have a long season ahead of us

I'm Pumped!!

I'm betting the 4 is Diarra and the 5 is Cobb

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I was thinking about diarra but he hasn’t played a game and is coming off of an injured season. I didn’t see much of Cobb but I liked how onuorah moved and his athleticism

Reaction Score

Agreed. Williams isnt there yet. If a kid who has played one year total of competitive basketball is starting we got problems. I could see him being a 6/4/1 kind of guy by march though.

I believe cobb will start. First sub carlton.

Id bet in alterique coming off the bench to start but playing 25 mins minimum. Vital earned this. He was a warrior last year

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ok. My bad on that. I went with what espn has up. Who’s filling in for him?

Reaction Score
Pc seems to be a really short team.

And I would imagine no one plays more than 20 minutes, and we see a lot of strange line ups--4 guards, 3 bigs, etc. Ollie will be trying to get a feel for how this team gels

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And your guards are 6-7 or is that a lie by ESPN?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Agreed. Williams isnt there yet. If a kid who has played one year total of competitive basketball is starting we got problems. I could see him being a 6/4/1 kind of guy by march though.

Id bet in alterique coming off the bench to start but playing 25 mins minimum. Vital earned this. He was a warrior last year
what does diarra bring that williams doesn't?

Reaction Score
Ollie is going to coach to win. Sure, he will test some different lineups on the floor, but the starting 5 will be the current starting 5. This game is a shaping experience for the team and for the rotation. This team needs to win more than it needs to experiment although I would think everybody sees minutes. A win would inject confidence and cohesiveness into the team, so important, especially at this early stage.

C

Chief00

Pretty much agree, other than Gilbert not starting. That’s a tough one - I think he may start and then they will sell Vital on being first off bench for both Adams and Gilbert - effectively starters minutes. Adams will move to point when Gilbert is out. Everyone will be happy.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Will WTIC air it on radio?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Will WTIC air it on radio?
I’m guessing they will. I’d definitely pay for a stream though. Hopefully something better than huskyvision, which sucks. Donate all stream money to relief as well, I think it’d do really well.

Reaction Score
Has UConn ever played an exhibition game against a Div I school? Can't recall.

Reaction Score
Has UConn ever played an exhibition game against a Div I school? Can't recall.
I don't believe so - not sure if it is even allowed.

UConn, Providence To Play Exhibition To Benefit Hurricane Relief Oct. 25
Exhibition games, for which admission is charged, must be against Division II opponents or lower. For two Division I teams to meet, it must be a scrimmage, not open to the public. However, the NCAA has granted a blanket waiver for this event, as coaches Ed Cooley and Kevin Ollie took the lead in making it happen.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't believe so - not sure if it is even allowed.

UConn, Providence To Play Exhibition To Benefit Hurricane Relief Oct. 25
Exhibition games, for which admission is charged, must be against Division II opponents or lower. For two Division I teams to meet, it must be a scrimmage, not open to the public. However, the NCAA has granted a blanket waiver for this event, as coaches Ed Cooley and Kevin Ollie took the lead in making it happen.
Damn the NCAA can do something right...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom