One of the worst UCONN offensive teams ever! (and they've never been to the moon) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

One of the worst UCONN offensive teams ever! (and they've never been to the moon)

Reaction Score
I would very much love for you to explain how the eye test proves me wrong.
Because we aren't going to overtime against OOC schools like Columbia (8-19 last year) or Monmouth (11-20 last year). We are handling the bad teams.

Here's what I said:
Recipe for more points even if the offense is the same. It's not, it is better. But not close to where we need to be.

• The main things we do well on offense are get layups in transition off turnovers and rebound offensively against cupcakes.

Let me know again where your eye test is proving me wrong when your eyes couldn't read where I said exactly what you said. I added the bold to help create some contrast for your eyes.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The team is progressing, sometimes in fits and starts.
They showed coherent offense to start the year.
Then they showed they couldn't play that offense against top 100 teams.
Last night they showed a lack of offense against an inferior team

Team has shown progress. Our star has not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It seems like I've been saying this every week. We need to score in transition. Teams that 1) take of the ball, and 2) get back on defense, we will struggle to score against. Teams that have guards who can handle our pressure will be tough for us to stop.

I will say that the ball movement looked more crisp earlier in the year. The ball is sticking more lately. That's an easy enough thing to fix.

Reaction Score
Over the last three years, after 11 games played UConn's average points scored and points allowed show:

2015-16
Average Points Scored: 68
Average Points Allowed: 68

2016-17
Average Points Scored: 71
Average Points Allowed: 72

2017-18
Average Points Scored: 82
Average Points Allowed: 71

The team has definitely improved its offensive performance under Hurley. The defensive performance is typical.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe it is my expectations but our offense is just very stagnant and too much one on one. Gilbert or adams going one one one. We don't have the shooters either so we will have to grind out games to win. I'm happy with Wilson showing some of his NBA physical talent. He has a chance to be really special for us.

If you don’t mind my asking, when did you lose your sight?

This team is about 2,348% better on offense than it was last year.

Reaction Score
They really can't be one of the worst offensive teams ever just for the fact the are better than the last 2 by far. We know they get stuck at times in their less than stellar half court offense but the fact they can get out and run, create some offense off of decent defense they are tons better than the last 2 years where in the 50's-60's had a good shot way too often.

Reaction Score
We need a decision tree for superlatives like this.

Question 1: Is this the the worst offensive team in the last couple of seasons?

If no: full stop, this is not one of the worst offensive teams in school history.

If yes: consider whether this is one of the worst teams in school history (if you're the type of person to hand out this superlative, it's still probably not).

Reaction Score
We are better on defense than last year but we look lost offensively when Jalen is not firing on all cylinders. AG is inconsistent and he still over penetrates. Vital gives great effort but still takes some bad shots. Polley is still soft and if he can't hit his outside shot he becomes invisible. Train Smith is an awful outside shooter. Our bigs are just not good offensively to compete at the top level. The one hope is Willson. He has the tools if he can develop his midrange shot. I hope he get more time as the season develops. It really is sad to see the lack of offensive talent on the team especially up front.
Honestly I don't care. I know and fully accept what this team is and I have no delusions. Im enjoying this season by watching DH coach and watching the team actually play like they give a damn. The end results matter but not as much as in the past. I have my eye on the future which looks bright and will look even brighter when Kofi commits. Precious will just be gravy.

Reaction Score
i'd hate to see what a good offensive UConn team would have scored. Definitely the worst offensive team ever.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Let me know again where your eye test is proving me wrong when your eyes couldn't read where I said exactly what you said. I added the bold to help create some contrast for your eyes.

lol

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
we have shown a propensity to score a bunch of points against sharty teams. A nice change.

Especially seeing as we lost to a number of sharty teams last year.

Reaction Score
The opponent doesn't matter, offensive efficiency doesn't matter, the important thing is did we meet the wing threshold.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
we have shown a propensity to score a bunch of points against sharty teams. A nice change.

Averaging 83 pts/game is one heck of an improvement. We also scored 70+ against the better teams. The difference between not getting the victories against the better teams was the turnovers, so-so defense, and fouling too much. Hopefully they improve on those while still scoring a bunch and we'll get the Ws going forward against those type of teams.

Reaction Score
We're going to struggle against athletic teams that can swarm our handoffs and not allow guards to turn the corner. Offense is structurally much better thing year, but I am not sure it translates to a significantly more wins on conference. Don't have a skilled enough 4/5 yet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom