One of the strangest endings ever | Page 8 | The Boneyard

One of the strangest endings ever

Reaction Score
I'd rather the kid take the shot versus tying to inbound it in that spot because there's a good chance of getting a held ball or a turnover if he's inbounding it. Getting the ball in is not easy from that spot with that time left on the clock.

The kid took the shot and missed - I'm glad the kid had the sack to shoot it.

The board makes it seems like Ray Allen was a viable option and that the kid took the shot instead of giving the ball to Ray.

Hurley took a chance, got caught when things didn't turn out as expected and those are the breaks.

The inability to actually hold onto the ball is much more troubling that anything else. To be ranked 263 in turnovers per game (14.4 per game) when the team is already offensively challenged (ranked 267 in fg% at 42.2%) is brutal.

Guys treat the ball as if it's a case of syphilis - nobody wants it and when they get it they want to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Team gives effort and that alone is a HUGE improvement, but it is challenged offensively and I certainly don't view Hurley as an offensive mastermind. I'm hopeful that he'll refine that part of his coaching game over time.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Will go down as a bad point for Hurley.
He put him in to foul. There was a five second call. He was not allowed to sub for him because no time came off the clock. The final play was not designed for him. Houston caused that. Pretty simple.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
View attachment 50197

As Sampson said about the T in the postgame, there was cursing, we didn't curse back, and the refs caught the retaliator.
3:10 mark:

Hand To Eye Gestures In Lying: Reaching for the eyes, rubbing the eyes or touching the skin below the eyes are all abbreviated forms of eye covering. It is a response to the embarrassment caused by the lie and is, in effect, an attempt to “see no evil.” As a response to seeing traumatic events we instinctively cover our eyes so as to shelter ourselves from negative images. This is a childhood throwback when kids would burry their face in blankets when confronted with scary scenes. However, in order not to give ourselves away, and to keep our victims in sight, adults stop short of covering their eyes completely, and instead only scratch just below the eyes.

Reaction Score
I saw that reasoning, but is Temi the best shooter available? Feel bad the kid was put into that big of a situation. Even his teammates felt for him.
Why do people keep saying this? If its you or me we want to take that shot we dream of taking that shot.

Reaction Score
No but it isn’t even vaguely comparable. You win your league hoop tourney you get a bid. Even if you are Wagner or URI, no less. Oh and just FYI Diaco did make a bowl in his second year as a head coach so there is that.

Face it Hurley has made some, let’s call them questionable, in game decisions, he has made some, let’s call them odd, comments. He has had, let’s call it modest, success so far. He isn’t Diaco whacky yet but if he starts talking Batman and fish cakes and brings out the ConFlict trophy don’t say you weren’t warned.
I would probably give Hurley between a D and an F for the job he’s done with this year’s team. That doesn’t make the Diaco comparison any less ridiculous.

It’s your typical troll act.

Reaction Score
Why do people keep saying this? If its you or me we want to take that shot we dream of taking that shot.
I dream of dunking over Lebron, but I’m a 70 yo white guy only 6’ tall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom