one night only- I am a huge cuse fan and hope they win by 50! | The Boneyard

one night only- I am a huge cuse fan and hope they win by 50!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
F BC!

teams I openly dislike
puke (almost over)
uk(mostly because of Cal)
NC ST (not sure why)
cuse
and BC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not that it matters, because they're going to get murdered, but we played BC - I have no problem rooting for them tonight.

Reaction Score
Even if you dislike BC a little bit more, to me it's a no-brainier, you gotta root for them. They're 5-11 - win, lose, or draw, this is another wasted season and major changes are probably coming at the end of the season. On the other hand, a loss to a terrible BC team would probably knock the Orange out of the top five and potentially cost them a #1 seed and a path through MSG in March.

Reaction Score
There was a pretty good article in this Sunday's Globe about Al Skinner's firing. Went over the same old ground that he had a relatively positive record as a head coach, but suffered from combo of reality and perception that he wasn't hard working. Bottom line for BC is they seem to have done worse with the replacement. Skinner was a mediocre to good head coach, nothing but losing since and for whatever reason they haven't brought in any top-level talent since Skinner left.

A BE loyalist might point out that recruiting has been a lot tougher for them since joining the ACC in 2005 with no regional rivalries and at least in basketball a lack of identity/low profile vs the rest of their conference. Ironically maybe that changes with more northern/eastern teams in the ACC.

Regardless, they've got no shot to beat Syracuse tonight. None

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Duke, Kentucky, Syracuse, Michigan State and slightly UCLA since Tyus Edney's team defeated Ray Allen's team in a scoring fest in the '96 NCAA Tourney. I truly believe if we'd have played any other team, we'd have been national champions.

Reaction Score
F BC!

teams I openly dislike
puke (almost over)
uk(mostly because of Cal)
NC ST (not sure why)
cuse
and BC

You are not allowed to be "almost over" your dislike of Puke. In fact, I am happy to provide you with some targets for your internet dart board.
The one...the only....

MIKE KRAPASCREWDOOKSKI !!!
(a.k.a. Duke Vitale's Evil Twin)

coachk.jpg

2003994375.jpg

Are you REALLY sure it's "almost over"??

GO HUSKIES!!!

BEAT MEMPHIS!!!(THURSDAY)

BEAT PUKE!!!(ANY FREAKIN' TIME!!! ANY

FREAKIN' PLACE!!!)

Reaction Score
BC down only 2 at the half.
By the way, I think at this point you have to root against BC and Cuse with almost equal disdain, both are trying to keep UConn out of the ACC.
Therefore root for the upset tonight because it will hurt Cuse. BC will always suck at any sport outside of hockey, so who cares if they win tonight. They'll probably fall on their face against the next opponent.

Reaction Score
I think I have proved I am no fan Dook.
But I am not sure I could route for Pitt (scum) or Quse to beat them at this point. Great thing if we ever get invited to the ACC is there are so many teams to dislike now- would be fun.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
BC was up by eight with 10 mins left. Then lost by 10.

I do think Pitt beats Cuse on Saturday, although the loss of Durand Johnson might hurt them more than I expect.

Reaction Score
Agreed, we own them, they should hate us and they do.

There is a distinct possibility that advancing age has added a "softness", if you will, to both your attitude and that of The Director of Poster Enragement. I would suggest, despite the fact that we, indeed, "own them", that every time that you see the image or the actual physical presence of one Mr. Krapscrewdookski, that you both experience, at the very least, the early stages of boiling red cells that are the precursor of placing your foot or some other hard object squarely in the middle of that bio-engineering disaster known as his nose.

Owning them should really NEVER eliminate taking advantage of any and all opportunities to inflict pain,embarrassment and humiliation on
Mr. Krapascrewdookski, his evil twin...the blathering butt kisser a.k.a. Dook Vitale AND that collection of condescending grunts a.k.a. The Ca-Moron Crazies.

C'mon fellas! Now is not the time to lose your touch. In fact, 7 gazillion years from now is not the time either! :p

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT MEMPHIS!!!
husky_qa.jpg-300x200.jpeg

Reaction Score
The lack of talent on BC's roster is pretty alarming. They basically have 2.5 players who should be playing at a high-major level.

Syracuse was impressive. Cooney has really improved, Fair is solid, Grant is a freak of an athlete, and Ennis is just a very good player. They don't have any depth at all in the backcourt, but I'd be suprised if this version of the ACC prevents them from getting the 1 seed in the East.

Reaction Score
The lack of talent on BC's roster is pretty alarming. They basically have 2.5 players who should be playing at a high-major level.

Syracuse was impressive. Cooney has really improved, Fair is solid, Grant is a freak of an athlete, and Ennis is just a very good player. They don't have any depth at all in the backcourt, but I'd be suprised if this version of the ACC prevents them from getting the 1 seed in the East.
With all the talk coming in about the strength of the acc, its actually remarkable how weak it is from top to bottom. At this point, its probably a 5 bid league, which in years past, was like the A-10, not the old BE. Either way, Syracuse will earn the 1 seed in east, and will once again bow out early. They don't play anyone. Their lone good win so far is vs. an overrated Nova team at the Carrier Dome. The first time this team has their backs against the wall, vs. a good team, on a neutral floor, they will fold. They don't have a "go-to" guy who can create his own shot. Cooney is their version of OC, who shoots 50% vs LeMoyne or Siena, and then goes 4-36 vs the acc. Fair and Grant are both good atheletes, but neither do much on their own. Ennis is in my opinion their best player. Prediction.....................round 2 of NCAA, Creighton 72 Syracuse 65.......................................again, when you look at who they play and where they play, you realize they havent played anyone!

Reaction Score
With all the talk coming in about the strength of the acc, its actually remarkable how weak it is from top to bottom. At this point, its probably a 5 bid league, which in years past, was like the A-10, not the old BE. Either way, Syracuse will earn the 1 seed in east, and will once again bow out early. They don't play anyone. Their lone good win so far is vs. an overrated Nova team at the Carrier Dome. The first time this team has their backs against the wall, vs. a good team, on a neutral floor, they will fold. They don't have a "go-to" guy who can create his own shot. Cooney is their version of OC, who shoots 50% vs LeMoyne or Siena, and then goes 4-36 vs the acc. Fair and Grant are both good atheletes, but neither do much on their own. Ennis is in my opinion their best player. Prediction......round 2 of NCAA, Creighton 72 Syracuse 65.........again, when you look at who they play and where they play, you realize they havent played anyone!

LOL thats funny man. they are 4-0 against rpi top 50, 3 of which were on a neutral court (minnesota, cal, baylor). and 9-0 against rpi top 100. they also embarassed north carolina, who won AT michigan st and beat louisville on neutral court and kentucky at home. and since cuse beat villanova of course nova is overrated lol.

caw

Reaction Score
LOL thats funny man. they are 4-0 against rpi top 50, 3 of which were on a neutral court (minnesota, cal, baylor). and 9-0 against rpi top 100. they also embarassed north carolina, who won AT michigan st and beat louisville on neutral court and kentucky at home. and since cuse beat villanova of course nova is overrated lol.

UNC isn't really anything to crow about. They can't shoot and while they have beaten some good teams, they got their butts handed to them by some pretty crappy teams also. Cal is meh and Baylor has a crappy coach.

The length they have for that zone is impressive, esp on the back line. I still like UConns chances if the matchup occurs. Their bigs don't do a ton offensively and UConn shoots pretty well, if Napier and Boatright can get in the gaps like last year, UConn should win.

Cuse is still a solid top 5 team this year, top ten at worst. UConn is closer to top 20 to 25, IMO. But it all comes down to matchups.

Reaction Score
I dislike Cuse because they have skipped so many chances of being sanctioned for several wrongdoings through the years. somehow they manage to get off scott free. It annoys me no end.

Reaction Score

UNC sucks, they're plain awful since those wins and the ACC is dreadful…….Duke is the worst they've been in a long time and NC State, Wake Forest, GTech are nothing like they used to be.

Cuse is good, maybe real good we'll see. The PG is a nice player, Cooney's better but defensively slow as hell, Grant is good and Pair is playing like veteran should. They'll be tough but the ACC won't prepare the foe the dance like the BE did……..but then again even when they were prepared by the Big East what did they ever do?;)……it won't change. Enjoy the Sweet 16 party if you get that far because after that it will be yet another early departure!

caw

Reaction Score
UNC sucks, they're plain awful since those wins and the ACC is dreadful…….Duke is the worst they've been in a long time and NC State, Wake Forest, GTech are nothing like they used to be.

Cuse is good, maybe real good we'll see. The PG is a nice player, Cooney's better but defensively slow as hell, Grant is good and Pair is playing like veteran should. They'll be tough but the ACC won't prepare the foe the dance like the BE did……..but then again even when they were prepared by the Big East what did they ever do?;)……it won't change. Enjoy the Sweet 16 party if you get that far because after that it will be yet another early departure!

Ennis has been very good for them, reminds me of a young Andre Miller with a better shot. Conney has good positional defense and moves his feet well. He is a bit slow though. He does a great job of using screens and has good footwork for flairs. His big problem is that he drifts quite often when he jumps to shoot. When he goes up and down he is pretty automatic. Grant can jump but he's not quite a basketball player yet, very good athlete with a ton of potential - will he end up like Rudy or like Robinson, who knows, but he's there with either athletically. Fair has a great 15-18 footer but I can't peg him. He looks like he should be so much better than he is. Something is missing, stopping him from being great. I mean he's good, but he should be so much better with his combination of athleticism and skill. Their frontcourt is a mish mash of crappy-relative-to-high-school-ranking. If UConn had two McDAAs playing that poorly fans would be pissed.

Solid plucky squad, lack of star power could hurt them, as well as the typical choke job stuff.

I'd love a matchup with them in the NCAAT.

Their fans are still the worst college basketball fans I have ever encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom